Categories > TV > WWE > The Taste of Ink

Restraint

by tjsparkles 0 reviews

Prompt: Restraint

Category: WWE - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2012-01-07 - Updated: 2012-01-08 - 354 words - Complete

0Unrated
Prompt: Restraint
Author: tjsparkles

The word restraint wasn’t one that would normally be associated with Alex Shelley. Inside of the ring, he was anything but, regardless of his alignment. Alex took wrestling very seriously and was always diligently studying tape and putting in days at the gym when he could to make sure he was always at the top of the game. And it always showed in each match he had. Alex pushed himself hard—maybe a little too hard, some would say—and it always paid off in the end. The ends always justified the means for Alex, even though those around him questioned his methods and ways of thinking.

But when he was away from the ring, and he didn’t have to be “Alex Shelley”, things were different. Alex preferred to not think about wrestling when he was hanging out with his friends, but he would watch the occasional match or DVD with Chris if he wanted to. Alex was pretty easygoing when it came to Chris; in fact, he was willing to do whatever Chris asked of him, even if it was beyond his ability. Alex would go to the ends of the earth to make sure that Chris was happy, even if he died trying. He didn’t care how lame or cheesy it sounded, and if anyone ever teased him about it, he would say so.

Restraint. Yes, it was something Alex didn’t usually show, except for when it came to Chris. Though he was often wild and unpredictable, when Alex was around Chris, he calmed down considerably. He was always in control and very careful around the older man, almost protective of him, in a way. It was a side that only Chris got to see, a side that he would never show around anyone else. But then again, Chris made him feel differently than anyone else ever had—the girls he’d dated, the rats he’d slept with—none of them compared to how Chris made him feel. He was a completely different person when he was around Chris, but Alex loved it.
Sign up to rate and review this story