Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Predator

Explanations

by Dragonis 1 review

Harry goes away and things are explained

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Crossover - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-06-22 - Updated: 2006-06-22 - 2718 words

2Original
Once in Harry's room, Prof. Dumbledore told him to have a seat because what he was going to tell him next was sure to be a shock to him. "Harry, I have a story to tell you. It leads into why I am here and what is going on and it's probably the easiest way to explain things to you right now."
"Okay", said a slightly scared and nervous Harry.
"Back in my youth I was a very adventurous young man. I liked to go where no one else would and so at one point I came to a great jungle in South Africa. The forest is very large and is actually more of an island than anything. Muggles can neither see it nor can they see the land bridge that connects Africa with this island. We wizards call it 'The Island of Darkness'. Even Voldemort does not dare to go in there, but I did. My journey led me into the heart of that place and I found great runes in the dense insides of that wilderness. In the middle of it all there was a giant pyramid, bigger then even those in Egypt.
I herd a mighty roar and then a screech that sounded like death itself. That is when I saw two aliens - one looked a bit like a human and the other was truly alien. It had black skin, no visible eyes, a long spiny tail and the largest teeth and claws you can imagine. I later found out that it was the queen of a hive, think ants to get an idea of it. The other alien was seriously wounded and was carrying a skull head, one that closely resembled the head of the living one. And so I began firing every spell and curse I knew at the black alien. I was finally able to bind it and wasting no time I conjured up a sword and plunged it through the aliens head. The blood was like acid and I got burnt a little, though not much. I then helped out the dying alien hunter, stopped his bleeding and fixed him. Then I put him to sleep for a few hours.
When he woke up he told me that he was a Yautja, an alien. Their race is comprised of hunters, traveling across the universe to be able to hunt the greatest prey. At that point I decided to give his race a nickname, Predator. Their culture is largely based on honor and respect and he thought me a great and honorable warrior, as it was extremely hard to kill an alien queen. We talked a great deal, I told him of the wizard race as the Predators had only ever met up with the muggles. We learned a lot from each other in the few days that we spent together hunting different creatures. We stayed in contact throughout our long years. He became one of the greatest tribal leaders in their history and I myself became a powerful wizard. We met up on a few other occasions to go on hunts and thus, stayed good friends. He, however, is still under my debt," explained Dumbledore. "Mr. Potter, may I introduce you to Borkan!"
As Harry got up from his chair Borkan removed the heavy cloak that he was wearing. A little hesitant at first, Harry shook hands with Borkan.
"It is great to be able to meet you, young one. Albus told me all about you and your expeditions, I have no doubt that you will make a great hunter."
"Thank you, sir."
"I have been told that you will need training to defeat this Voldemort and indeed you do need it as the fate of the wizard race is in your hands. I am here to offer you a chance to come to our planet and receive training in the ways of a hunter."
Harry looked over at a smiling Dumbledore. "Harry, Borkan is willing to train you for a little over a year. That is the time it takes to become a hunter. You will train day and night. And, as it is my duty, I must warn you that it will be difficult... and painful. But once your training is complete you will be stronger and deadlier than you can imagine. Deatheaters will positively shake with fear at the sound of your name and you will be able to fight Voldemort and, almost certainly, win. Harry, do you accept this offer?"
Without thinking for a second Harry replied, "Yes!"
With a few flicks of Dumbledore's wand all of Harry's things flew into his trunk and which in turn shrunk to the size of a small toy car. "Then let us not waste any time."
Downstairs Uncle Vernon was stood rooted to the spot and Aunt Petunia was covering Dudley, his whale sized cousin who was sobbing hysterically.
"You will never see Harry again," Dumbledore announced to the Dursleys as he walked into the room followed by Harry and Borkan, who covered himself up again. Taking a quill out of his pocket Dumbledore held it in front of him. Harry, Borkan and his sons touched the pencil and with a swirl they were gone.
At Hogwarts, Harry met Rajik and Homicirou. Dumbledore had prepared all the things that Harry would need for his training and packed everything up. An hour after the small Yautja drop ship landed on Hogwarts grounds it lifted off and rocketed into space, an anxious Harry Potter sitting aboard the strange craft, ready to begin a year of training.
An owl was sent to the Grangers and Weasley residence carrying two nearly identical letters.
Dear Mr/Miss Weasley/Granger
Harry Potter has gone away on training. This all happened within the last hour and he did not have time to write to you. He wishes you both the best of luck in the upcoming year and hopes that you will be okay and not get into trouble. He will miss you both dearly and is sure that you will miss him just as much. For the next year and a few months you will not be able to contact Mr. Potter and obviously he will not be attending Hogwarts. Do not buy him anything for his birthday and please do not worry about him, he will be perfectly fine. He is doing what he believes is best for everyone. Please do not be mad, but thankful!
Albus Dumbledore.
Hermione Granger held back tears as she finished reading the letter. She would be strong for Harry, she would get good grades and not get into trouble, and when he would come back she would welcome him with open arms and would reveal her true feelings for him. She would make sure that he never left her again.
'When that little ass wipe gets back I'm going to beat the hell out of him for leaving me out of this! Stupid Potter! Goes for training thinking he is a big hero and all. But then again, now Hermione could be all my." At this Ron Weasley grinned mischievously.
One year and almost 4 months later.
Hermione Granger sighed, a year and two summers had gone by without Harry and there was still no sign or word if he would actually be coming back for seventh year.
She had constantly asked Dumbledore about Harry's whereabouts and she wasn't the only one either. None of the teachers knew about his present location. Prof. McGonagall didn't like the fact that her best Quidditch player wasn't able to play. Gryffindor ended up losing every game. They had good players but Harry just seemed to bring in that little flavor to the team.
Ron - that little insensitive jealous son of a bitch! Oh how she hated him! After he had tried to feel her up on numerous occasions, she told him that she knew what he was doing and to stop it. He had then gone on to say that if Harry had done the same for her she would be more than fine with it. He had also said a lot of nasty things about herself, Harry and some other people. He really did change. His family had won a lot of money and was now quite rich. She was extremely happy for the Weasleys who were just as friendly and nice as ever, even more so if that was possible. But the money had gotten to Ron's head and now he was hanging around with Malfoy and his cronies. He was even transferred to the where he got new friends and became a real prick. The Gryffindors, on the other hand, really pulled together and became like one whole family. Everyone tried to help each other out as well as the rest of the school.
The worst part was that Voldemort and his dark army had destroyed Beauxbatons and Durmstrang. Ever since Harry had left, Voldemort had been getting stronger and stronger. There seemed to be practically nothing to stop him. Beauxbatons and Durmstrang unified with Hogwarts and now the castle was three times. Hogwarts and the area surrounding it was the only real safe place left. Scores of people moved over to the area surrounding Hogwarts. Now it was seemed to be only a matter of time before Voldemort struck there with full force. He had done little hit and run attacks just to scare people, but there intent had never yet been to take over.
Even though things were going bad and scary, people were uniting, growing closer together and enjoying life more.
Hermione studied herself in the mirror. Her hair was no longer bushy but straight and beautiful. She had really filled out where needed, especially her breasts, which were quite a bit larger than normal. She didn't mind though. It was sort of nice to make male heads turn wherever she went and have them be quiet if she asked. Her marks didn't drop one bit but actually improved and as she had promised Harry she didn't get into trouble either. God! How she missed him! Everyday she hoped that maybe, just maybe Harry would show up and sweep her off her feet. It was the reason why she always took great care to look nice everyday, just incase he showed up. She also had a plan for when he did show up - she'd flirt and tease him a little until he would just push her up against a wall and... naughty images flashed through Hermione's mind which made her blush slightly. Fleur had explained these things to her, as well as showing her spells that would stop any guy dead in his tracks. They were now very good friends actually. Hermione was the one that helped Fleur and Wood get together, both of whom were planning to get married in December.
"Hermione dear, are you ready yet?" Hermione's mother called from downstairs. "Dad's already got the car running."
"Coming mom!" Hermione yelled as she raced the downstairs, not wanting to be late.
"Don't worry, sweety. He'll be there at Hogwarts waiting for you and everything will be fine."
"Thanks mom." Replied Hermione, giving her mother a hug.
The drive down to platform 9¾ was quit uneventful and they arrived ten minutes early. Once at the train station Hermione bid her parents goodbye before stepping onto the platform and boarding the train. The train was also much bigger and longer due to the huge amount of students that were now riding to get to Hogwarts.
It wasn't surprising to anybody that Hermione was the head girl. She didn't know who the head boy was but she would probably find out pretty soon. Each school had a head boy and girl. There was a common room for all of the prefects and head boys/girls as well as special bathrooms and such things. The girls often had ladies nights when they'd kick the guys out and get the pool and hot tub all for themselves - those were the fun times! It was good to have some fun every once and a while because reality was that it could very well be the last night that you were alive.
After putting her things into the luggage compartment Hermione waded through the sea of people and got on the train looking for an empty compartment. She found one around the middle of the train and in no time at all Ginny, Lavender and the other seventh year girls came in as well and began talking animatedly about what they did during the summer, what was going to happen and a host of other things.


"You have exceeded everyone's expectations, even my own. You are really like a son to me now. If you ever need assistance in anything, do not hesitate to ask and we will not hesitate to ask you either", said Borkan aboard battleship Strontia. He was standing in the weapons' room with Harry Potter, who looked very different from the scrawny boy that everyone remembered him to be. He now had a lot of muscle, the perfect weight to strength output, he was fast, cunning, stealthy and extremely dangerous to anyone whom he decided to kill.
"Thank you Borkan, and you are like a father to me. I will keep in touch; hopefully we'll be able to go on a hunt sometime in the future. Thank you for everything", replied Harry.
"You are most welcome! A weapons ship will be around your solar system every couple of years. It will send you a message and you may request any equipment you wish. You will also be notified if a hunt is to take place anywhere on your planet. Now pack your things, we will be arriving quite soon"
"Thank you again, I'll see you around, Borkan."
"And I will see you." Borkan left the weapons room and let Harry pack his things
Wherever he went Harry was always armed with wrist blades on each arm. He had a spear gun for sniper work, shoulder mounted dual plasma caster, a brand new design, a net gun, interrogations would be a breeze with that, combistick, he had won at a tournament and plenty of remote bombs and other explosive devices. His armor was made especially for him. It was power-armor, and had a more sleek and human look to it. It could go invisible like all other predator armor and so had no real downside. (Look under interests in my profile.)
The last year had been very hard, but interesting. He had been under training day and night, fought every imaginable creature and learnt the use of advanced technology. Harry knew different forms of fighting but he also knew his limits. He knew how to track down prey and most of all he had learnt how to kill efficiently. He was an ultimate predator. But he missed his friends most of all. It was psychologically hard on him to leave everything he knew and loved behind. He just hoped that they were all okay and that nothing bad had happened to them. Once he went back on Earth he would make sure that nothing did happen to them and that all those who hurt his friends pay the ultimate price - Death!
Needless to say, Harry wanted to show off a little, especially for Hermione. During his training he had realized that he loved her more then anything in the world and that he would do anything for her, but not before he teased her just a little. That is, if she felt the same way about him. He'd flirt and tease her until the animal within her came out and then... naughty images flashed through Harry's mind.
With a large grin on his face Harry continued to pack his things.


Albus Dumbledore opened the small box with intricate engravings upon it.
"We are almost here. I have trained Harry Potter to the best of my ability and he has exceeded even my expectations", said Borkan's voice through the speaker.
"That is good to hear and thank you!" replied Dumbledore.
"Just a word of advice, do not get in his way when he is hunting." The communication broke and Prof. Dumbledore smiled, this was going to be a very interesting year.
Sign up to rate and review this story