Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Predator

Home Sweet Home

by Dragonis 2 reviews

Harry comes back...and he has changed.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Harry - Published: 2006-06-22 - Updated: 2006-06-22 - 2440 words

3Original
"So does it really mean that I have a crush on Seamus if I keep dreaming about him licking wiped cream off my...."
"We're here", Hermione called out, desperately trying to keep Lavender from recalling her erotic dreams... sometimes it really was too much!
"Aww, come on Hermione! We all know that you've had a jet black haired man with emerald green eyes visit your dreams and do things to you." Lavender suggested as more of a joke then anything.
Hermione blushed and said the only thing that came to her mind, "It was strawberry ice cream."
The girls began giggling and making those sounds which they make when they've found out a very big secret. "So there is a bad side to our Head girl", Ginny called out.
The girls walked off the train to find a beautiful evening sky, there wasn't a cloud in sight and Hermione could have sworn that she saw a star twinkle. Pushing the twinkling sky to the back of her mind she went off to look for one of the carriages which were pulled by beautiful black horses these days. The group of girls quickly found one and as soon as they were all in the carriage started off at a steady pace towards Hogwarts castle. The castle was big, not just big but very big, having to house and teach three schools required room. The trees in the forbidden forest had been cut a good deal to make more room for everyone. The Quidditch pitch was now the size of a tournament pitch.
Stepping out of the carriage the girls were pleasantly surprised to see Prof. Dumbledore standing out in front of the entrance to the school looking up at the sky as if searching for something.
"Hello Professor," called out Parvati.
"Why, hello Miss. Patil! And how are you this fine evening?"
"Great, umm... why are you looking at the sky? There are no stars out yet or anything."
"Not everyone is coming to Hogwarts by train", answered Dumbledore and winked at Hermione. "Now hurry along, I am sure you're hungry."
The tables in the great hall were no longer arranged by houses, instead there were many smaller tables arranged around the great hall and if there were not enough spots at the table another section would magically appear and make room.
Hermione and the rest of the Gryffindor girls were actually good friends with a lot of people from Beauxbatons so it was no surprise when Gabrielle Delacour and some of her friends showed up along with other seventh year girls from different houses and schools.
The conversation quickly started up about boys and not surprisingly about Hermione's dreams, which everyone thought would be entertaining. Thankfully it didn't last long as Dumbledore stood up and the chatter almost immediately died down.
"Madam Maxime, please bring in the first years." Madam Maxime, who was already standing at the giant oak doors, escorted the first years to the centre of the great hall. They came in looking extremely nervous and a little frightened. The sorting ceremony went as usual with nearly the same amount of new students for each house and school.
When the first years had found their seats, Prof. Dumbledore stood up again and said, "It is great to see you back safe and sound. Last year was very hard on all of you but you lived through and became much stronger owing to it. I can assure you that this year will be different; it will be the death eaters being... hunted if you will. Now let's quickly go over the rules. No student is to be outside their common rooms after eleven at night, you do not enter the Forbidden Forest and report to the nearest teacher, head boy or head girl if you see something suspicious happening. There will be no magic used in the halls. Failure to comply with these rules will result in house points deduction and/or detention. On a lighter note, the Quidditch tryouts will start tomorrow. All those interested may participate and the tournament will start within three weeks. Today being a Sunday, classes start tomorrow. Any questions?"
Only Hermione's hand went up. "Who is the Hogwarts' head boy?"
Dumbledore's eyes twinkled before he replied. "A man I am sure you have greatly missed."
Hermione felt like she was going to be in heaven. Harry, he really was coming back.
"Now then, let's eat." Dumbledore clapped his hands and then spoke into his plate, ordering what he wanted to eat.


A small drop ship landed on the Quidditch pitch, a house elf waiting for its arrival. A tall man dressed in a nice black hooded robe walked down the ramp that lead from the ship carrying with him a large trunk. After giving the trunk to the house elf and instructing it about where to put it, he gave a wave to the drop ship and it silently lifted up off the ground and rocketed away into the night sky. Now alone in the middle of the Quidditch pitch, the man briskly walked down towards the very different looking Hogwarts castle. The last time he had walked upon Hogwarts grounds he was a scared little boy, now he was a confident man, but more so he was now a Predator.
None of the students neither heard nor noticed the main Hogwarts doors open and no one paid much attention to him as he walked up to the teachers table who had all stopped eating and were paying very close attention to him. He walked with ease and carried himself with respect.
"Hello! Who are you?" asked Fleur Delacour, who was one of the teachers from Beauxbatons.
Snape answered her question. "Remember Potter, I am still your teacher."
"Remember Snape... to watch your back at night", replied Harry. "Professors, it's great to see you all again!" The teachers each replied in turn, saying how good it was that he was back and Prof. McGonagall emphasizing that she had placed a large bet saying that Gryffindor would win the Quidditch tournament. Prof. Dumbledore asked Harry if he could come to his office for a chat sometime tomorrow or later that evening to discuss some things.
The three defense against the dark arts teachers asked Harry if he could show up during their classes and teach physical combat - as they had been told of Harry's whereabouts and what he knew.
"Now Harry," asked Lupin. "Could you hit the chicken that Mr. Weasley is eating with a knife?" He pointed to where Ron was sitting with Draco and his cronies.
"No. I'll cut it into a smaller piece first", replied Harry, who was now very furious. He had had a gut feeling during his time away that Ron had done something horrible and this is what it was.
"Do not interfere with what will happen next." Dumbledore told the teachers. Harry walked off towards Ron and the other students in need of discipline.
Harry casually walked up to the table where Ron was eating; he was only going to ask him for a quick chat. "Excuse me, could you please come outside with me right now?"
"Sod off you idiot! I'm eating." Ron replied, not even looking up at the still hooded and unrecognizable figure.
"Please, it will only take a few moments!" Harry asked politely.
"You deaf or something?" Draco sneered. The muscle in the group got up. There were eight of them now and the other four were the brains. There were a few girls in the group as well who looked very smug thinking that they were all-powerful and could do whatever they wanted.
"No, I am not deaf actually. I just want to have a talk with Mr. Weasley. It doesn't involve you or these others here. Now please mind your own business."
"What the hell do you want, freak?" Ron asked in a snobbish tone.
By this time they had attracted the attention of a lot of people who were watching the confrontation, feeling sorry for this stranger, as everyone knew that he was going to get the hell beaten out of him. Hermione and a head boy named Pierre had walked over to try to stop anything that was about to happen as the teachers were pretending like nothing was going on.
"What is going on here?" Hermione demanded. "Ron, this man just wants to have a talk with you."
"Screw off bitch, who do YOU think you are, miss big tits Granger?" Ron said angrily to Hermione.
"Hey, there is no need for that kind of language, now please stop or else... ", warned Pierre.
"Or else what?" asked one of the bigger cronies.
At this point Harry was furious. "Madam Pomfrey, these boys here are very injured, deep cuts and multiple broken bones. Please get the medical wing ready!" called out Harry.
With a nod from Dumbledore, Madam Pomfrey hurried away.
Harry then turned to Hermione. "I was really hoping to finally see you again under different conditions Hermione. Pierre, could you and Hermione please stand back. I will have Ron apologize in a moment if he is still able to speak."
Hermione and Pierre did as they were told, with confused expressions on their faces to say the least.
"Ron, I am deeply disappointed", said Harry. "The first weapons I mastered were the wrist blades."
Harry took off his cloak and revealed himself. He was wearing a plain black T-Shirt and pants. Attached to his wrists were curved rectangular pieces of metal with two slits each at the end. His hair was short but still messy. He no longer needed glasses as he had had surgery done to them to fix and enhance his vision.
Fsikt. Long silver jagged blades came out of the slits and glinted off the light that came from the thousands of candles floating in the room.
Everything happened so fast it was like a blur. Draco had tried to cast something but his wand was in three pieces before he even got the first word out. Harry leapt onto the table kicking one of the cronies in the face in time with the leap. The goon flew back hitting another table. The teen's face was a mass of blood and broken bones. Harry swiped at Ron a few times, cutting him deeply across the chest, face and arms. He stabbed him in the thigh, ripping out muscle and doing serious damage to the leg. Following through, Harry broke both of Malfoy's arms at the elbows before slitting them open. All the others received similar treatment. The smart ones of the group got the worst of it, having their ribs broken and a lung collapse. The cronies had their hands broken and cut up, their knees demolished in frighteningly powerful kicks, muscle cut up and rendered useless. In less then five seconds the whole group was either screaming, if they could, or knocked out.
Harry stood atop the table, the once shinning silver blades now covered in dark red blood. "You chose this course of action. All I wanted was to have a talk."
The teachers ran over as fast as they could, closing up wounds and stopping the bleeding from cuts. But that was all they could do. The pain was still there and growing back muscles, bones and ligaments was a very painful process. Extensive potions and spells would have to be performed on a few individuals to put their back together and other such things. Each and every one of them would have scars for the rest of their lives, some worse than others.
All the students were completely silent, shocked at what had just happened and staring at Harry. Some guy, whom no one had ever seen before had just completely beaten the shit out of the Dark Gang, or DG in short. Some time around new years when the three schools finally settled in together, Draco, Ron, Robert and Colia, the four bullies of each school decided to join forces and be known as the Dark Gang. Now they could quite easily be called the Broken Idiots Gang, or BIG in short.
Harry jumped off the table, every student's eye in the room following his each and every motion. "Pierre, mind cleaning off the blades? I forgot my wand in the Plasma caster."
"Um... yeah, sure!" replied a shocked Pierre, fumbling slightly with his wand before casting a cleaning spell on the blades and removing all the blood from them. With a fsikt the blades retreated back into their housing.
Hermione was the first to completely recover and the first student to figure out who this person was. "H-Harry?" she asked, nervously stepping towards Harry.
"Hermione before you start yelling at me, hear me out first. I didn't use magic, they started it and I've missed you more then you can imagine. So, can you please yell at me later? I was sort of hoping for a hug and a welcome back," replied Harry.
Hermione nearly knocked Harry over as she ran and gave him the biggest, warmest hug she had ever given anyone. "Never ever leave me alone again... please, promise me! Harry, I've missed you so much. You didn't even say where you were going or anything. I've been good, gotten good grades and have stayed out of trouble just like you asked. Oh, I'm just so happy that you're finally back! You have no idea how hard it's been without you." She sobbed into Harry's chest.
"Ssshhh! Its okay, I'm here now and nothing is going to happen. I will never leave you again, I promise. I've been a good boy too and have gotten good grades, which I can show you and I promise I will never ever let anything happen to you or have anyone say bad things to you or about you. I love you, Hermione!" replied Harry, holding Hermione like he always used to.
"I love you too, Harry!" Hermione replied smiling up at him as she frantically rubbed the tears away from her eyes.
"Now what do you say? Shall we go and get something to eat? I'm starving."
"Sure, follow me. I've got so much to tell you." Hermione replied leading Harry towards her table and telling him about all the new things at Hogwarts and what had happened.
All the students were now talking loudly amongst themselves. Harry Potter was finally back. During the remainder of the meal Hermione and the girls filled Harry in on what had happened and about all the new things that were going on.
Sign up to rate and review this story