Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Finally Free

Part 5 - The Only Hope

by BurningCuriosity 2 reviews

Amelie awakes from a nightmare of Adam. As Gerard comforts her, they both realize the possibility of a day turning into a lifetime.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Ray Toro - Published: 2012-01-02 - Updated: 2012-01-02 - 2007 words

0Unrated
Authors note: Feel free to message me on who do you think Adam is, I've left a clue.


“You’re never going to try anything new” Adam said. His dark eyes stared at his fiancée as they were seated at a café beside the famous Eifel Tower. He was referring to the fact that he wanted to go up the tower and see the view.

His voice and demeanor was calm, too calm. Amelie knew he was boiling rage inside. He had always been like that, quiet but deadly serious. It made Amelie fidget in her seat. Her left hand was scratching at her right wrist under the table as she tried to keep her composure.

“Adam..I…I’m scared of heights…what if…” Amelie’s muttering was cut abruptly.

“What if what? You’re never going to try anything new. We will always be on the sideline, never trying any fun stuff. Adventure. You know that word right? God Amelie. You can’t always be such a fucking child.” Adam said, his rushed voice with force on every word. It all hit Amelie, bad.

Amelie stared at her fiancée. A singer by profession, with a famous band in line, he had always been the type to do daring things. He was tall and had dark brown hair, matched with equally dark eyes that could make you melt. He was covered in tattoos, something Amelie could never bring herself to get as much as she adored the art. His hands were firmly gripping the tea cup and he was sipping casually. A tourist might look at them and mistake them for one of those passionate French couples. Maybe on good days, they were. But on off days like these, it scared Amelie too much.

Adam sighed deeply, staring at the tea cup. If he could wish hard enough, maybe the tea cup will grant Amelie some courage. But he was just distracting himself. Look anywhere but her eyes, he told himself. Yet he couldn’t help but find himself staring up at his teary eyed fiancée.

He had met her when they were both in New York, walking around the park. She had a Siberian Husky and was walking around. The dog barked and she jumped from shock, dropping a tote bag. He rushed over and helped her pick up her things. She had thanked him in French, which he found amusing. Adam replied you’re welcome, in the same language. The moment she stood up, he got a good look at her, and knew that he would gladly kneel again in front of this woman but with an engagement ring instead. They had hit it off instantly.

As 2 years went by, he travelled on with his band and had gotten famous for all the songs he had written, inspired by her. She moved to France to help her father. He proposed during the fall, in the middle of a small park in France. The both shed tears as trees shed leaves, but out of happiness. He visited at least 3 times a month. He held her hand when her father was buried. From then on, things went downwards.

Adam had always known Amelie was an unusually nervous and cautious person. Plan A had a plan B, C, D and so on. But when her father had died, things went really bad. She would wake up, shaking and crying. Everything suddenly frightened her. Before, she could manage her anxiety, but now it was worse. Adam couldn’t stand the way he would always send her in to a breakdown if he had to leave for his band. She had never made him choose, but he felt burdened that it was leading it. He loved her very much, but he didn’t know how long he could stand putting his life on standby for the reassurance she constantly needed. They had been together for 4 years.

He stared into her teary brown eyes and felt his heart break. He knew she must be scratching herself, to relieve the anxiety he was causing. He felt sick to his stomach that he caused her that too. He reached over the table and opened his hands.

Amelie smiled a bit as she took his hand.

Adam could never forgive himself fully for what happened next and Amelie thought she would never recover.

“I’m sorry, I love you but I can’t stay” Adam said clearly.

“What? I mean, you’ll be back after a couple of weeks right? Your tour hasn’t started.” Amelie said, she was starting to panic again.

“I can’t stay with you anymore. Not like this. Not with me busy with music. I can’t care for your fully. I can’t stay and cause all this anxiety with you as well, you have enough to deal with. I’m sorry Ams, I love you but we can’t do this anymore. Maybe we’re better off this way, it’s better that we break…” And with that, Adam stood up and walked away.




Amelie woke up abruptly. She started to cry. Every bit of her was broken as she was haunted by that dream more than anything. She started to hyperventilate, her thoughts focusing. It was true, he was gone. He was gone and it’s been 6 months. He was gone and she had been in pain. He was gone and she was alone. All because of fear of the world that held him fear of breaking her. He had broken her, either way. She was a mess.

Gerard heard Amelie crying. He had just finished explaining to Ray and Frank when they had noticed she was asleep in his bed. Frank nodded to his best friend. As much as he hated knowing they were sleeping together, he couldn’t deny it seemed for the better. Gerard nodded and walked to the room.

“Amelie…are you alright?” Gerard asked quietly.

Amelie shook her head, no. She pulled her knees to her chest and started crying heavily. Gerard sat in front of her and hugged her.

“I don’t know what it is, you don’t have to tell me, but it’s okay to cry.” Gerard said quietly. He held her as she cried. She cried for 2 hours straight and Gerard never let go.

As she was crying, Gerard felt tears forming in his eyes. There he was, with all the money he could need, good friends, a good career. Sure, he had a divorce, but it was for the better. He had overcome depression and all addictions. He was healthy and happy. He wanted to kick himself in the head, thinking of how he had acted yesterday. This woman needed any help. She was all alone. He had been self-centered, to treat her just for pleasure.

He had been an asshole. That’s that Frank was yelling about this morning. Gerard knew he had been an asshole and he didn’t care that Frank was so upset. Now, seeing this girl cry for over an hour, he felt extremely bad. So he cried a bit and kept holding her. She didn’t seem to resist. At one point, she held him too.




“So what happened?” Ray asked. They were having a beer on the balcony.

“Nothing, she just cried and cried, without saying a word. She cried to sleep. I didn’t bother waking her up to eat or anything. She seemed exhausted. She just woke up and cried.” Gerard said.

“I did some research online, it seemed crying fits are part of the symptom checklist” Frank said.

Gerard nodded.

“Well, Ray and I are going to go walk around some more, you want to join us?” Frank asked.

“Nah man, I’ll watch over her” Gerard said. He waved bye as his friends walked out the door.

Gerard was about to enter the room Amelie slept in when he heard her talking.



“I’m sorry….I just wanted to hear you….” Amelie said quietly. She was talking on the phone.

“ I’m not fine, I’m in pain, it’s harder everyday….” Amelie sang quietly. She seemed too tired to cry.

Gerard stood at the door, feeling a bit perverted that he was eavesdropping, but curious to hear more. Who was on the other end of the phone?

“I’m seeing someone, I guess you could say that. I think you might know him, he’s a vocalist too. I’ll be…I’ll be heading…yeah..New York…I’m..I…..I’m so sorry I bothered you, give her my regards, goodbye” Amelie said, her soft voice floating in the air.

Gerard knew she was in pain but he was smiling. She admitted she’s seeing someone.

After a few moments, Gerard knocked on the door. “Come in…” he heard her soft voice.

He sat at the foot of the bed. “Hungry?” Gerard asked.

“Quite so…” Amelie replied. Her eyes were red and she looked like a mess. Gerard stared at her, wanting to ask so many questions, but thought it was better to leave her be. Explaining might cause her more tears.

“I’ll go order food, they can bring it up here. Why don’t you just relax? We leave tomorrow, so maybe tonight we can head back to your place and I’ll help you pack?” Gerard offered, making sure he sounded as kind as he could.

She stared at him. Amelie noticed he seemed genuinely concerned. Something she had not seen in over 6 months. She thought back to Adam but he was the past. Maybe Gerard was the hope she was waiting for.

“Thank you for caring…yes I’d..I’d love…I’d love that…”Amelie spoke, trying to be certain. “I’d love for you to help me pack, if it isn’t such a hassle for you” She said even more clearly. Gerard made her feel comfortable enough.

“Yes, I will. I’ll go order..” Gerard smiled and stood up and walked out.

“Gerard?” Amelie called out softly, unsure he was going to hear her.

Gerard immediately poked his head back through the door eagerly. Amelie laughed at how silly he had looked. Gerard smiled and laughed too.

“You called?” Gerard replied.

Amelie stood up. She barely knew this man, asides his fame. But they had both shared pleasures that she didn’t expect or even experienced before. More than pleasure, he had managed to make her feel like someone cared, that he had cared, despite barely knowing her. She looked at him deeply, trying to form the right words on how thankful she was. Gerard came closer, staring at her with his hazel eyes.

“Thank you for everything...I know..I know it’s weird, it’s only been a day, but I don’t feel so alone. I hope that its genuine…” Amelie said carefully. Gerard stared at her. He leaned in slowly and brushed his lips against hers.

He felt alive, as she kissed him back gently. He held her close. She was right, it did seem wild, that they had only met yesterday. Yet everything uniquely odd about her had drawn him in further than anyone ever did. He felt his façade slowly coming down, faster than he thought it would ever take.

She broke the kiss and stared at him. “Let’s see where it goes…” she asked.

“Of course…” Gerard said quietly.

“The only hope for me is you…” Amelie said, so quietly that Gerard had barely heard it.

But he did, and it made him feel lighter than air. He made a note to write down the words later on. Right now, all he was focused on was walking back and kissing her. He did. All the pain and hurt he had been burdened with for the past year, burned slowly away by each kiss Amelie gave him.

“The only hope for me is you” Gerard repeated to her, meaning every word.
Sign up to rate and review this story