Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I Never Told You What I Do For A Living

Chapter 12

by striketoincinerate 1 review

Frank recieves a note and Gerard makes a decision. Almost finished with this story! xo

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Horror,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2012-01-09 - Updated: 2012-01-09 - 1120 words - Complete

1Exciting

The next day, Frank was woken by the sound of something being pushed through his letterbox. He tensed immediately, holding his breath as he slid quietly out of breath. After the sound of paper hitting the floor, there was silence again. After a minute's pause, he cautiously approached his front door, bending down to pick up the note on his floor.

Meet me at the cafe on the corner of your street in 15 minutes. Please. I promise it won't take long. G xo

Frank stared at the paper in his head, his heart beating erratically. This was from Gerard. He grabbed his keys from the counter and swung the door open, staring down the stairwell to try and catch a glimpse of the black haired man. The stairs were empty.

Returning to his flat, Frank ran a hand through his dishevelled hair. He glanced quickly at his coat hanging on a peg by his door, then to the keys in his hand. This would be a bad idea. A very bad idea.


****


10 minutes later, a freshly showered Frank, still with slightly damp hair, sat nervously at a two seater table in the cafe Gerard had requested. He had chosen not to tell his friends about this- they would most likely freak out, and if they ever knew he had accepted Gerard's request they would lose their minds. Frank had no reason or explanation for why he decided to turn up. Maybe just curiosity. You know what they say, whispered a voice from inside his head, curiosity killed the cat.

The opening of the door brought Frank's attention from the inside of his coffee cup to the entrance, where he locked eyes with the slim, dark haired man who had just entered the cafe. For once, the taller man smiled a genuine smile- small, and showing off his little sharp teeth, but a smile that was none the less, nervous. 'Can I sit here?' he asked timidly as he approached Frank. Frank nodded his consent and he took the chair opposite Frank, still smiling slightly. There was a silence, filled with the chatter from the rest of the cafe's occupants and the clatter of plates.

'You're probably wondering why I asked you to come here.' Frank looked up at the man now staring at his hands, which were laid flat on the table. 'I wanted to apologise.'
'What for?' Frank said, cursing himself when it sounded much weaker and quieter than he intended.
'For everything.' Gerard's eyes were boring into Frank's, and this time they looked different; more human than that day in his appartment. 'I'm sorry for kissing you. I'm not sorry that I did it, but I'm sorry it freaked you out. And I'm sorry for everything else as well.'

Frank nodded, stopping himself from asking what 'everything else was.' The traffic on the street seemed to be going slower than usual, and despite his coffee being cool enough to drink, Frank was finding it increasingly difficult to get the dry feeling out of his mouth.

'Where do you work, Frank?'
'Um... A little music shop a few blocks away. Why?'
Gerard laughed softly. 'Oh, don't worry. I'm not going to turn up at your work. This will probably be the last time you see me.'
'Oh.' There was another silence.
'Aren't you going to ask me what I do for a living?' Frank tilted his head to see Gerard looking at him with an unreadable expression on his face. 'Okay. What-what do you do?'
'I kill people, Frankie.' Frank felt his heart leap suddenly into his mouth. Although he knew it already, hearing it come from Gerard's lips made it feel 10 times more real, and 10 times more frightening. 'I think you've known for a while now. And even if you didnt, well... I thought I'd tell you anyway. After tonight it won't matter anyway. I just wanted to be honest with you.' Frank nodded slowly. 'What do you mean... after tonight?'

Gerard sighed softly and ran his fingers through his hair. 'I've spent most of my life thinking that what I was doing was right,' he said in a quiet voice. 'I realised recently thats it's wrong. Very, very wrong. I'm wrong, and as far as I'm concerned there's no way out of it. I'm not saying you would - I'd understand totally if you wouldn't even think about it - but can you promise me one thing?' Frank nodded slowly, his head a mess of thoughts and emotions. 'Promise me, that if you plan on telling the police, tell them tomorrow. Stay away from my flat tonight. Please, if you are planning to phone them, wait until the morning. Just to be sure.'

Frank nodded again, a small 'yes' leaving his lips as he saw the look of relief on the other man's face. Frank's now cold coffee sat in between the two men, a spectator to the small smiles and glances shared between the two as they both fumbled for the right words.
'I better go,' Frank says after a while. As he rose from the table he heard Gerard stand up behind him and once he had left the cafe he turned to face the man who had followed him out of the door. 'You know what it was that made me realise? That I was wrong I mean?' Frank shook his head, no. 'You.' Frank stared at Gerard as he took this information in. Him? He had done this? Before he had a cahnge to ask any questions, Gerard had switched his gaze back onto Frank's face. 'I wish things were different, Frankie. Really, I do.'
'I do, too,' Frank felt himself whisper before he had time to register what he was saying.
'May I?' Gerard said smiling, extending an arm as if to rest his palm on Frank's cheek.
Frank nodded yes and closed his eyes as he felt Gerard's lips press against him; not hungry and cold like before, but warm and soft and very much alive. All too soon, the kiss was over, and by the time Frank opened his eyes, Gerard was no where to be seen.


Well, guys! I'm not sure what I should do about the conclusion of this story. Would you like two more chapters, a short one from Gerard's point of view set later this day and then one later on down the line where Frank is visited by Mikey? Or just one with Frank and Mikey? R&R's are always great! Thank you all so much for reading :D xo
Sign up to rate and review this story