Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Drugs Make Us Numb; They Don't Keep Us Sane

8- Don't Use Her

by XxPerfectTomorrowxX 5 reviews

Mikey & Rian get in to an argument.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2012-01-16 - Updated: 2012-01-16 - 895 words

2Exciting
If I had common sense I'd cut myself or curl up and die.



***



(Rian's POV)



Gerard had fallen asleep. As I stared at him I couldn't think of a more peaceful moment. His lips moved slightly as air left his body only to be replaced by an intake of breath. It had been quite a struggle to get him to wake up long enough to walk to his bed but now here we were. Why was I here again? I didn't belong. This was Gerard's world. I was imposing horribly but... he seemed upset before when he thought I was leaving. That didn't make any sense to me.

How could I leave him now though, when he was only hurt because I'd made him mad? I was no stranger to upsetting people... having caused most of the fights in my family but this was different. Gerard didn't hurt me. I thought he was going to. I was afraid but now? Now I couldn't imagine being afraid of this beautiful stranger.

Sudden buzzing startled me and I looked around the room for the reason, finding myself next to Gerard's bed where his cell phone had fallen. I could call Piper... He wouldn't even know.

One more glance at Gerard and I was sure that he was out for quite awhile so I went to the other room, dialing the number I knew by heart.

"Hello?" My father's gruff voice greeted me.

I almost hung up. Just his voice terrified me badly enough to want to disappear forever. "I'd like to speak to Piper." Where did that confidence come from?

There was some shuffling that I could hear in the background and I vaguely wondered why my father didn't give me more trouble. Instead I heard my sister's voice come on and she sounded happy. Relief flooded my body, "Rian!" She screamed loudly, forcing me to move the phone away from my ear a bit as I smiled.

"Piper!" I gleefully responded, "I've missed you."

"I missed you too!" She quickly said before pausing. "Mom wants to talk to you."

I sighed, "Okay."

My Mother's rushed voice met my ears, "Quand êtes-vous venue à la maison?" -When are you coming home?-

I couldn't answer. I didn't want to go home. Instead I found myself hanging up and dropping the cell phone to the ground, standing in front of Gerard's couch. Piper sounded happy. She sounded safe. She sounded like a normal little girl. Were things only bad when I was around?

I stood there silently for minutes just waiting. Waiting for what? I wasn't sure. The knock on the door shocked me from my thoughts though and I numbly walked to the door, only briefly entertaining the thought that I shouldn't be answering Gerard's door.

Mikey stood in front of me, dripping wet with the most triumphant expression covering his face. I instantly giggled, feeling better. "Are you cold?" I finally asked, once I stopped laughing.

Mikey grinned and nodded, walking inside. I walked to the couch with him and gestured to the blanket that Gerard had given me just earlier. It had been forgotten but wasn't going to waste according to the glee with which Mikey seized the blanket, covering himself with it in a rush.

"So, you look happy." I commented, finding that it was easy to be around Mikey.

Mikey grinned, "Yeah... I'm happy. Wow. Happy. Really, really happy." He blinked as if surprised that he was happy.

I laughed and nodded. "Happiness is good."

Mikey beamed before admitting, "I met a girl."

Now this confused me quite a bit. "But Gerard said you were going to see your ex-girlfriend?" I asked, wondering if I was missing something.

"Yeah. Those plans didn't go so well but hey, new girl... new possibilities..." Mikey trailed off, smiling to himself.

"Are you using her to get over your ex?" I asked, slightly angered. Mikey seemed like an alright guy but that wasn't an alright thing to do...





***



(Gerard's POV)



I woke up to the sunlight streaming through my windows and loud angry voices filtering in from another room.

It took me longer than usual to get out of bed. The cast mixed with the pain medication made my motions slower, harder to force but soon enough I threw my bedroom door open to find Mikey and Rian screaming at each other.

I definitely didn't expect that. What's more unexpected? The fact that seconds later something collided with my face.





***



(Sorry, this is fairly short... uneventful. My mind is wandering. The next update, which I'm already working on, should be really long though or at least that's what I'm shooting for. So, I'm pissed. I just checked my bank account to find that I'm 70 dollars overdrawn because of my 7.99 netflix charge which comes out monthly and a 2.39 itunes charge. So completely my fault and could have been avoided... which makes me even angrier but I've only had an overdraft ONCE before and this 70.00 is a lot when you're already struggling with bills. So extremely frustrated right now. X.x So here's a giant THANK YOU (with rolled eyes and the whole works) to Wellsfargo. I really appreciate a good portion of my check being gone before I can even cash it. - and Yes, 70.00 is a good portion. It's so hard to get hours during Winter. Shoot me.)
Sign up to rate and review this story