Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Am I More Than You Bargained For Yet?

Ch. 3 The Hunt

by annabel-lee 2 reviews

Frank has a random bit of insomnia, Mikey can't stop straightening his hair, and Gerard "hunts" for mint gum.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2012-01-24 - Updated: 2012-01-24 - 1212 words

1Ambiance
Thank you to thegirlwhowasonfire, xXLaylaxX, MemoryWolf, and mychemicalbitchbot for reviewing!


Frank's Point of View

The tap tap tap of rain was the first thing I heard. I lifted my head to read my alarm clock. Little green numbers read 3:52. Urrggghhh! 
 Shakily, I ripped off the covers and hobbled over to my closet. After about fifteen minutes of blindly gropping in the dark for jeans, I found the one pair of sweatpants I owned and pulled them on. Coffee. Need coffee.
 Carefully the process was done, then I began the wait for the coffee to come tricking from the maker. It was agonizing. I gave up on waiting and started making Ego waffles.
 They were actually done before the coffee. I took a bite and-what?!?!? That's NOT a waffle!! 
 It took four minutes for a grumpy, surprised, sleep-deprived me to figure out what I was eating. It was a Pop-Tart. Shit. Where are the waffles?! 
 Before I ripped apart the freeze (which shouldn't have contained Pop Tarts!), the coffee started filling up the pitcher-container-thing. Salvation! I hobbled across the kitchen to the cupboard to get my mug, but I couldn't reach it!
 Mom must have pushed it back too far. Shit! I. Need. My. Mug. In an exhausted daze, I pulled a chair over to the cupboard and clambered on to it. I peered into the cupboard, leaning a bit when-#%££%#€€#£#¥#£#¥###£##£¥¥£€+¥•¥€€€$@@&! My head collides with the floor suddenly and the sharp pain is followed by the feeling of warmth on the back of my head. I instinctively reached back to touch it and wipe off a tad bit of blood. IS THE UNIVERSE TRYING TO KILL ME??
 Stubbornly I decide to climb back up on the chair but this time success is mine. My mug has been acquired! I dismount the chair and race over to the coffee maker.
 The coffee was great and while I sipped my second cup I chided down on those Pop Tarts I had made. I finished the homework I didnt bother doing last night and took the shower that probably should have been taken two to three days ago. by the time all that was done I still had time. Lots of it.
 I got dressed in my Black Flag shirt and purple skinny jeans. I knew I'd get picked on for it but for once, I didn't give a fuck. I was going to have a buck of time to talk with that artist supermodel guy. 
 I headed over to get eyeliner but what if he'll think it's lame? Not a risk I'm willing to take. I took the time to straighten my hair and then I pulled on my skeleton gloves. I triple checked my reflection and once I was satisfied there wasn't much more I could do, I went and got another cup of coffee, then brushed my teeth. 
 I zoned out while not paying attention to what was on tv until it was about time to go to my bus stop. My mom had slept in today and so she wasn't up so I just left; walking out into the puddle filled streets of New Jersey.


Gerard's Point of View

 I had to pry Mikey from his straighteners.
"MIKEY!!! This is ridiculous! Your hair can't get any-fuckin'-straighter!"
"Just five more minutes! I promis-"
"NO!"
"But-"
"Michael James Way I will smash it if you aren't infront of this door in five seconds!"
"You wouldn't!" I heard him hiss.
"Five."
"It's not gonna work."
"Four."
"What am I? Two?"
"Three. Two." He arrived next to me at signature vampire speed, scowling something fierce.
"Hate you." he said grumpily.
"No you don't!" I said smiling as we walked out the door.
"Yes I do."
"No you don't. Without me there'd be no one to make your coffee."
"...Good point." 
 We enjoyed a comfortable amount of playful banter on our way to the bus stop. Then, I brought up a serious point that should have been discussed, but was avoided.
"What are you going to do in biology?"
"I don't know." I looked up cautiously. I couldnt just let him walk in with no game plan. If he attacks or loses control it's over. With that many people around he'd be doomed. That's when my mind sparked up an amazing idea. 
"Mint gum."
"What?"
"Mint gum!"
"I don't understand." I face palmed.
"If you chew mint gum, the scent is over powering enough that it will drown out the smell of the blood!" His eyes lit up.
"And I'll be able to breathe!"
"Exactly!"
"Wait what if it doesn't work?" he said worriedly.
"Then breathe through your mouth today and we'll figure something else out tomorrow."
"Okay. One problem. We don't have any mint gum."
"I'll go get some and meet you at school. Can you take my back pack?"
"Sure." With that I was off. I became a streak of black. Just a blur that people couldn't be quite sure they saw. I was in hunting mode. The gum was my prey. Adrenaline coursed through me, inhabiting my already super-human speed. I could out run a NASCAR racer.
 Unlike a human, this type of speed felt amazing. It was a relief. Vampires are hard wired that way. Hunting feels good. The speed. The rush. The kill.
 I knew tag there wouldnt be a 'kill' but that didn't put a damper on things. I felt alive. I felt free. In the minutes it took to get to Wal-Mart I could embrace what I was. Could shrug off the human disguise. It felt like magic. Then I came to a dead stop in the trees behind the lot.
 Sauntering into the store, I got some odd stares from people. Clothed in my normal all black I always did. Today my apparel was my American Psycho hoodie, black jeans, and a pair of combat boots (vintage). I got a variety of flavors of gum and a cup of coffee. After I payed, I downed the coffee and tied the bag so that nothing would fall out while I was running.
 As soon as I was out of view, I sprinted at break-neck speed to the school. Haha. I beat the bus. I waited for Mikey. Caffeine buzzed through my nerves and I really didn't feel like sitting around.
 On a stupid impulse, I climbed a tree. Sitting from twenty feet up, the view was nice. The Jersey sky was a tranquil gray, marbled by the clouds. A nearby bird dove from a branch, swooping low to catch an unfortunate worm. I felt a bit of sympathy for the defenseless creature, but the bird must eat too. 
 It reminded me of what happens when Mikey or I lose control. When we kill. Is it justified? We try our best to not kill, but it's like training a lion to eat tofu. It isn't natural. At least we try though. At least we try...

How was that? :) Hopefully it's not too short. I normally combine two of the chapters into one but this time I didn't, so it's probably a bit shorter. Haha! I might dye my hair blue. My mom is against it, but as you may remember, she hates me period. So blue hair in the future maybe. :)
Sign up to rate and review this story