Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Finally Free

Part 8 - Lilac Rose

by BurningCuriosity 1 review

Amelie and the group fly off to U.S.A. Gerard realizes how much he feels for her, in mid air. However he takes a crash landing once Adam appears back in her life, maybe this time for good.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2012-01-24 - Updated: 2012-01-24 - 2375 words

1Moving
Author's note: Hey guys, I'm very sorry for the delay. I've been having a very rough time with my anxiety attacks. If it's not too much to ask, after you've read this story, please pray to whoever higher being/power you believe in to help me out (although words of encouragement will be preferred). Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoy!

P.S. May I by Trading Yesterday was featured in this story. I do not own the song, they do. Thanks!





Amelie was fidgeting nervously in her seat. She was seated right next to Frank as Gerard and Ray were in front of them.
Even though they were in first class, with wide spaces and comfortable chairs, Amelie found the pressure nagging at her ears, pushing her skull in. She thought she might have gone delusional, feeling her stomach churn and her breath coming in shorter. Airplanes have always scared her. As she tried to calm down, she thought of the feeling of falling in case of a crash. She wasn’t helping much.

She remembered when she was 9, aboard her first flight. The pilot had taken a dip due to turbulence and she screamed at her father, telling him her stomach was missing. Her father laughed and rubbed her back to sleep. Now Amelie was torn between missing her father or the fear of being way up high.

“Hey, give me your hand, c’mon…” Frank muttered.

Amelie gave her hand without hesitation. Frank squeezed it tightly.

“Let’s count to 10, you’re safe alright? It’s just a plane, millions of flights every year and only 10 crash horribly..wait that’s not helping, uhm..well…uhm…just count with me?” Frank explained really fast. Amelie nodded. After the count, she felt at ease, yet still gripped Frank’s hand tightly.

Gerard strained to turn around yet the seatbelt light was still on, so he couldn’t fully rush to her aid. He clenched his fist in frustration.

“Looks like you need to count to 10 too” Ray said jokingly. Gerard smacked his afro.

Behind them, he could hear Amelie breathing slowly, yet it was still ragged, as if she was forcing herself to breathe. It was unnatural and he knew she was uncomfortable. He had that sudden urge to hold her in his arms and rub her back to calm down. She seemed to calm down whenever he did that.

Amelie put her hands to her face, shutting the world out. She was whimpering slightly now, but tried her best not to let the men know. She didn’t want to be a burden or a hassle. She was quite embarrassed as well.

A few moments, the seatbelt sign had gone off and Gerard jumped up, startling the flight attendant who had been staring at him relentlessly.

“Frank, trade, now” Gerard said, motioning for Frank to get up.

As soon as Gerard was seated, he hugged Amelie. He could hear her sobbing quietly.

“Hey sugar, it’s alright, just sleep okay?” Gerard gently said. Amelie nodded her head but still kept her face buried in her hands. Gerard held her and began singing softly, hoping it would calm her down.


“May I hold you…as you fall to sleep, when the world is closing in…and you can’t breathe…may I love you…may I be your shield…when no one can be found…may I lay you down” Gerard sang softly, over and over again.

Amelie stopped crying and started humming along to Gerard’s song. She nuzzled Gerard slightly as she placed her hands around his neck. She felt herself relaxing, trusting him and his words. Eventually, Amelie fell asleep as Gerard kept singing softly.




The entire flight didn’t seem so bad from that point on. Not much was said amongst the group, but more than words could ever explain was how Gerard always held Amelie’s hand. She smiled slightly at him, noticing how tired he was.

“Maybe…maybe you should take a nap?” Amelie said quietly.

“Hmmm..I could..but I don’t want to…” Gerard said slyly, winking. Amelie looked around, everyone was asleep.

“Why not? Everyone seems asleep…you look very tired” Amelie said, rubbing his leg.

“Well, one is you might have a panic attack again and I don’t want you thinking you’re in this alone, two is that I was thinking….” Gerard trailed off as his hand took hers and guided it to his crotch. Amelie could feel his cock stiffening to greet her hand. She felt her stomach flip, definitely not from the flight.

She pulled her hand away in a flash and smiled shyly.

“Gerard! We’re in a plane!” she hushed, kissing his cheek instead.

“Fine..but I’m not settling for a kiss” Gerard replied casually, as his hand moved to her face and gently touched her lips before meeting it with his. He kissed her slowly, sensually, hoping that she knew how he was starting to feel about their odd relationship. He kissed her passionately, sliding a tongue gently against her lips before Amelie opened her mouth for him. He held her closer, feeling intoxicated by scent and the way she felt so soft against him.

He was falling in love with her and he knew it. He just couldn’t bring himself to admit it out loud, in fear of rejection (that he hasn’t worried about from anyone but her). He kissed her gently, he kissed her willingly, he kissed her lovingly, hoping that it was more than enough to let her know.

Amelie let herself be taken away, forgetting the flight or the plane. Forgetting her struggles, forgetting her confusion with life. She kissed him back just as sweetly. They kissed through the night.

Amelie broke the kiss to smile at Gerard and nuzzled his neck. Gerard took her in his arms and cuddled her. They didn’t say anything to each other all night, but their hands were linked. Amelie was rubbing his hand gently, Gerard was stroking her hair.

With the sunset coming up and Gerard singing softly, Amelie fell asleep.



At the airport, Amelie smiled wide as she felt the vibe of U.S.A. She was back! She sipped her drink and waited as the rest of the guys finished loading their bags onto the trolleys. Gerard looked extremely tired, not having slept all night.

“You look like shit!” Ray said.

“Thank you, Captain Obvious” Gerard said sarcastically, taking Ray’s shades for himself.

“My work here is done!’ Ray proclaimed, speeding the trolley away. Amelie laughed in amusement. Gerard suddenly felt renewed. He loved hearing her laugh, it was infectious.

As they were walking out of the area to the exit, Jamia was waving. Frank ran and kissed her, romantically twirling her around.

Ray waved as Mikey and Alicia held up a signboard with a fluffy afro and a South Park-style drawing of Gerard. Gerard waved back and laughed, as he pushed the trolley onto their side.

As everyone got together and greetings were exchanged, Amelie lingered behind, realizing how excluded she was. Who was she, seeing all their happy faces together, to intrude into their lives? They seemed like one huge family and she felt like that awkward teenager again. Before she could tell herself to stop thinking negatively, she heard someone call her name.

“Ams!” and with that Amelie turned around. Amelie felt the world disappearing into a blur, including the group behind them. She felt her heart hurt yet jump at the same time as his familiar eyes met hers, twinkling.




Just as Gerard was pointing to Amelie, he saw a familiar face walking towards her. “Ams!” he called out.
Adam Levine was there, walking towards her with a lilac rose. Gerard felt a cold wave and the group suddenly kept quiet. What on Earth was Adam Levine doing?

Gerard suddenly realized why the photos and the audio recording sounded so familiar.


Adam stopped in front of Amelie. Seeing her again after months, he felt everything rush back. In his confusion and delight, he leaned in and kissed her, wrapping his arms around the delicate figure he had so missed. Amelie was in shock as he let go and gave her the rose.

“Oh my god! ADAM!” Amelie squealed in glee as everything sunk in. She didn’t feel her tears spill as she hugged him again and smiled really wide.

Gerard had never seen her this happy with him. He felt hurt from what he saw, yet tried to maintain his composure.

Amelie kept her smile on, as she smelled the rose. “It’s beautiful!” she exclaimed, looking up at Adam.

“Not as beautiful as you are right now” Adam replied back, without missing a blink. Gerard felt himself puke on the inside. What a line, who says that, really, he thought sarcastically.

“How did you know I was arriving?!” Amelie asked. “James told me your flight details” Adam replied. Amelie giggled, to Gerard’s annoyance. Everything right now was annoying him.

“Oh! Come over here, let me introduce you them? Yes? Oh I’m so happy to see you! Je vous ai manqués tellement (I missed you so much)!” She said happily, remembering how Adam loved conversing in French.

“I missed you too” Adam replied, as he looked at the group ahead. As they got closer, Amelie said “these are my friends, this is Ge-“ she was cut off immediately.

“Gerard! How are you doing man? Hey guys!” Adam said, waving.

“You know them?” Amelie inquired, calming down.

“Yes yes, we’ve met a couple of times, jammed before too” Adam said, smiling. He looked at her, as she was frowning.

“Ahh..Ams cherie I’m sorry I didn’t tell you sooner” Adam replied.

“Yeah funny that, I don’t think she appreciates that” Gerard said sharply, feeling incredibly jealous.

“Votre ami semble jaloux (your friend seems jealous)” Adam remarked slowly to his ex-fiancee, smiling.

“Don’t.” Amelie said sharply, then smiling sweetly.

“You’re right Gerard, I should have told you sooner Ams, I just didn’t want you to freak out. I hope the lilac rose makes up to it” Adam replied, staring lovingly at Amelie. Gerard felt like he wanted to punch the man he once called his friend.

“My goodness! I didn’t know they made roses in that color!” Jamia exclaimed as she and Alicia were eyeing it with interest.

“They don’t.” Adam said curtly, smiling at the women. Frank and Mikey suddenly felt uncomfortable, knowing their wives were swooning over the man.

“Adam, what brings you out here? It was very sweet of you though. Oh I can’t wait to see James!” Amelie said happily, as she playfully hit his arm. Adam gazed at her intensely, hearing her voice again brought out every memory he had been fighting away.

“I missed you just as much as you missed me. I figured, since you’re in New York, why not stay at our flat? I’ve cleaned the place up, plus I’m not taping for the show, and I’m not on tour yet either” Adam said, his arm wrapping around Amelie. Amelie smiled wide, taken away by Adam’s charm.

She wasn’t the only one taken away, as Alicia and Jamia shot questions left and right about his reality show, leaving the men to pick up the bags.

“So…can you believe THAT?” Frank said, nudging Gerard.

“That fucking asshole” Gerard said, pushing the trolley, watching Amelie like a hawk. He hated how she was so comfortable with him. He hated how he missed her lips, yet someone else got to kiss her. He hated how she was holding that rose. He hated, above all else, the way Adam’s arm was around her as they walked.

“Take it easy, it’s not like you guys were serious” Mikey said, patting Gerard’s back.

“Fuck you” Gerard said harshly. Seeing Mikey’s face, Gerard softened immediately. “I’m sorry Mikey…I’m just not feeling well…must be the flight” Gerard muttered. Mikey nodded as they got into the van.

“What about you Adam? Join us for dinner?” Jamia asked, as everyone was boarding the van.

“Might I ask if it’s alright with you ladies, that Amelie rides with me and I take us all out to dinner right now?” Adam replied, winking at Jamia. Jamia smiled wide and nodded enthusiastically.

“My dear, I don’t want to be a burden to you. I can ride with them, it’s fine” Amelie said, pulling away from Adam.

“Nonsense, don’t be daft, you could use some breathing room after all the hype you went through today. I know the plane ride must have been harsh, right Gerard?” Adam replied, intentionally looking at Gerard as he held Amelie closer. He wanted his “friend” to realize how Amelie will always pick him.

Gerard nodded, not trusting himself to say anything, as he closed the the back of the car.

Amelie suddenly felt guilty, seeing Gerard and knowing he seemed irritated. She wanted to slip away from Adam, but he stopped her saying “Amelie, my dear, please take a seat on the car” as he pointed to a two seater silver BMW. He gave her a quick kiss on the cheek as she left.

Adam came closer to Gerard as he was to ride the front of the van. “Let’s all head to a restaurant I know, follow me yes? Oh…Gerard?” He said as Gerard was about to close the door. Adam leaned in closer.

Adam gripped Gerard’s hand in a shake and said lowly, “I know you’re suppose to help my Amelie, but let me make something clear. She will always return to her crutch”. Gerard felt Adam threatening him.

“Maybe I’m more than a band-aid, Adam. Maybe I’m her cure” Gerard snapped back, before letting go and shutting the door.

He watched as Adam walked back to his car, getting in and kissing Amelie. He felt relief as Amelie turned away, leading Adam to kiss her cheek, before igniting the car and heading off.
Sign up to rate and review this story