Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Guardian Ghost

My Family

by DisenchatedDestroya 8 reviews

"Frank kissed him." Read, review, rate and feel my love! :P

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2012-01-29 - Updated: 2012-01-31 - 1471 words - Complete

3Exciting
Chapter Ten – My Family

Gerard’s POV




It’s amazing how much one person can change in the space of just twenty four hours.

This time yesterday I wanted to punch Frank in his pretty little face because he had made my baby brother cry at a time when I couldn’t comfort him, a few hours ago even Frank was still being a horrendously obnoxious little shit towards my baby brother by letting him get all bruised and bloody. And maybe if I wasn’t the sort of person that I am, the sort of person who is always willing to take the time to understand should something be worth understanding, then I might still be wanting to punch Frank until my knuckles bleed. But right now I want to smother the kid in hugs for doing more than I could ever ask of him; I saw them in Starbucks, of course I fucking followed my hurt baby brother, and it truly was the most horrific thing I've ever had to bear witness to.

Or rather, it would have been if Frank hadn’t been there. Because Frank held him like Mikes needs to be held, whispered to him like I used to whisper to him whenever he got wound up about the bullies or about his own self-loathing tendencies, and then Frank kissed him. It was nothing spectacular compared to what I normally see angsty teenagers doing when they kiss; no forceful movements or wondering hands, nothing that pushed me to want to pry him off of my baby brother like I want to pry all of Mikey’s insecurities out of his heart. He was purely doing what he thought was best, for both him and Mikes, and it really did show in the loving gaze that they shared afterwards, in the way that Frank held his hand when they walked out of Starbucks.

When Frank kissed my baby brother I felt my heart blossom like some sort of midnight rose, my insides melting into a mixture of the most positive emotions that I’ve felt since the fire; hope bubbled within my bloodstream at seeing Mikes having the someone that I know he’ll die if he doesn’t have; admiration flared in my chest for Frank finally dropping what he thought he had to be in order to help the boy that he’s apparently in love with; pride swelled in my heart at the thought of my little brother having his first kiss, of him growing up and being the wonderfully beautiful person that I know he is; but above all else I felt love.

Love for my baby brother in a sad sort of way because I always wanted to be there with him when he got his first boyfriend, which is what I presume Frank will become, I always wanted to be there to tell him that the guy who owns his lips is the luckiest son of a bitch in the whole world and that aforementioned son-of-a-bitch will find himself with broken legs should he ever hurt him. But I also felt love, in a brotherly kind of way, for Frank; the way he looked after Mikes, calmed him down when my poor baby brother looked to be on the verge of blacking-out through hyperventilating, makes him my friend, makes him an instant part of my family because I can trust him to be a part of Mikey’s.

Can I trust him? I know for a fact the sort of horrible little bastard that he can be, the evil little shit that he thinks will gain him friends through fear and the thought of him turning into that around Mikes makes me feel sick, like all of the bad things in the world would mean nothing to me if this guy who managed to make my grieving little brother fucking smile were to tear that smile away from him. I can tell you right now that if he ever were to hurt Mikey, my baby brother and the one treasure that I care about enough to want to protect with everything that I have, I will be exploding a hell of a lot more than some crappy little guitar amp; I will make him burn if he breaks my little brother’s heart like life broke my little brother.

But I don’t think that Frank will ever hurt my baby bro again, not judging by the way he acted during and after their, quite honestly, adorably little kiss. He called a taxi, his arm wrapped around Mikey’s shoulders as though he thought that the world would fall apart if he let go, and he insisted on helping Mikes into the small yellow cab, ever mindful of the bruises and bumps that dot my brother like some sort of disgustingly cruel rash of hopelessness. He’d sat next to him and pulled Mikey’s head into his chest when he saw that the kid was starting to nod off into his dreams and then, this is the part that really made me melt inside, when the cab pulled up outside the house he carried Mikes inside. He just scooped him up like a protective parent carrying their sleeping baby inside after a tediously long journey and then, with surprising strength, had taken my little brother to his new bedroom. The way that Frank carried him though, it was just… Perfect. Like Mikes was made to just rest in his arms like a delicate and well-loved ragdoll.

Which brings me to where I am now, sat on the end of Mikey’s bed and gazing with intently content eyes at Frank, who is lying down next to my brother with his arms wrapped around him to keep the kid warm in the surprisingly chilly temperature of the room. Okay, so the temperature isn’t ‘surprisingly’ chilly; it’s chilly because I’m making my presence felt, my own little way of making Frank cling to my baby brother like my baby brother’s heart needs to be clung to if I ever want to see him being his old self once more.

They really are truly adorable; the kid whose scared of everyone else and the kid whose scared of the true version of himself. They complete each other. And with the way they’re laying right now, Mikes curled up into Frank’s chest where he is being held tightly by Frank’s strong arms as though they one entity, really is the cutest thing that I’ve ever had in my line of vision.

“Gerard, I know you’re there; it’s gone all cold.” Frank mumbles sleepily, propping himself up slightly to see my decidedly visible self and meeting my eyes with his own, bottomless orbs of profound protection. “Did you follow us to Starbucks?”

His voice is full of nervous accusation and I can’t help but smirk at the blush that is fast commandeering his face; a blush that makes me think that this Frankie kid really could be perfect for my little brother because an uncontrollable blush like the one that Frank is currently sporting can only be caused by an honest-to-god infatuation. I think that this is the first time that I’ve ever seen Mikes trust someone (who isn’t myself) so completely; he may be sound asleep and unable to consciously control the fact that he has burrowed into Frank deep enough for it to look like Frank’s t-shirt is swallowing him whole.

“If by that you mean ‘did I see you get it on with my brother’ then yes, I did.” Frank’s eyes flash with fear at the thought of how I, an overprotective big brother, could possibly react to witnessing my baby brother’s first ever kiss. I think that if he were anyone else then I would be yelling at him to stay away, but even I can see that these two boys need each other. “Don’t worry, Frankie. I’m pleased that he has you now.”

His face splits into a blinding grin; good. After how much Frank’s helped Mikes this evening he at least deserves to be smiling whilst he holds his precious load.

“But know this now and never forget it; you hurt him and I will be dragging you to hell with me. That’s a promise.”





A/N: I am so, so, soooooo sorry that this chapter not only took forever to materialise, but is also ridiculously short and crappy. I’m starting to struggle with this story and I’ve got a lot going on at the moment, so I really am sorry about both the wait and the quality of this chapter. Thanks for reading and please review! :)
Sign up to rate and review this story