Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Teenagers Won't Let You Sleep

Chapter 2

by Tyranny 0 reviews

We meet Frank :)

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Characters: Gerard Way,Frank Iero - Published: 2012-01-30 - Updated: 2012-01-30 - 942 words - Complete

0Unrated
Gee’s P.O.V

I rubbed my eyes and sat up in bed only to discover I wasn’t actually in bed. My back was aching and I knew I’d been having nightmares from the state of the bed and the sweat on my hands. It’s starting to annoy me, I can never remember what happens, and I just know it was something bad.
I slowly stood up and trudged over to my wardrobe. I’d been so mad last night that I’d forgotten to change into my pyjamas, and my favourite shirt was now creased and damp. I pulled it off with a sigh and grabbed an old black band shirt. My hair was ruffled and sticking up in all directions, a boring dark brown colour, and I couldn’t be bothered to do anything more than smooth it down with my hands. I’ve been wanting for ages to dye my hair, but my mum thinks it’s stupid.
“Shit” I muttered, as I realised what the day was today. First day back at high school, and I wasn’t ready to go back one bit. As much as I hate it here, high school is my living hell, and the last place I want to go after the argument with my mum.
I skip breakfast and grab my bag, heading out before my mum wakes up and talks to me.

Mikey’s P.O.V

I’m still pretty pissed about last night. Gee and mum were fighting again and I’m getting fed up of it. I didn’t get to sleep until 2:00am, and I’m meant to be going back to high school again today.
When I go downstairs Gee’s already gone, and I know exactly where he is. Every time he’s upset he goes and sits down on the old park bench my mum and dad used to spend half their life on. Gee hasn’t been good with letting go, he still seems to act like dad’s coming home. My cereal is bland and dry in my mouth, but I keep chewing. I can hear mum walking around upstairs and I hear a tinkle of broken glass.
“What has he done now?” I whisper to myself. Probably broken something. He seems to be doing that a lot lately…

Gee’s P.O.V

As I walk quickly down the road I make sure to avoid anyone I recognise. I can feel the tears starting to well up, and I’m not adding more ammunition to the insults and rumours. A walk that should have taken me five minutes changed to fifteen with all the times I had to change route. When I got to the bench, I knelt in front of it, let my bag drop next to me and rested my head in my hands. Then I let them out. Once I started I couldn’t stop, and with each breath it became louder and more rib-shaking. My breaths ripped their way out of my throat in sharp, jagged rushes, and I couldn’t stop. I felt someone sit down next to me and swallowed hard, stopping the noise but not the tears. I turned away from them, even though I knew who it was, and that they weren’t here to make me look, or feel, like a fool.

Frank’s P.O.V

I hadn’t seen Gee like this for a very long time. I’ve only known him for a year, but this wasn’t like him. Normally he was strong and controlled – He wouldn’t take anyone’s shit and hardly anything made him upset. In the time I’ve known him he hasn’t cried once. I was scared to ask what was wrong but knew he needed me to listen. When he turned away from me he stopped gasping, and that calmed me a little, but I knew he was just trying to make me think he was okay now.
“Gee…?” I asked. He didn’t answer me, “Gee? I know you’re upset, you don’t have to tell me why, but I’m here for you mate.” He starts to turn his head and I smile at him, though faltering when I see how red his eyes are. I thought of saying something else, but then realised he just needed me to be there.

Gee’s P.O.V

Frank pulled me towards him into a hug and I cried again, sobs shaking my body so hard I couldn’t feel Frank holding onto me anymore. I cried and cried until I couldn’t anymore. The weird thing was that I didn’t even seem to know what I was crying about. That was what made me feel stupid and pathetic. That was what made me eventually stop. That. And the fact Frank reminded me we still had to go to school.
“Frank, I can’t go like this. My eyes are redder than shit and I don’t have anything to cover it up.” I shook my head. I’m not exactly making things easy for myself. He nodded, then frowned and began rummaging through his bag. Finally he brought out a small eyeliner pencil. He handed it to me.
“Put this on and it’ll just look like the red is part of the make-up.” He told me. I started putting it on, smudging it after each application.
“Thanks Frank.” I smiled and hugged him one last time. Then we stood up and set off to high school. “I’ll tell you about it later…”
Sign up to rate and review this story