Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Teenagers Won't Let You Sleep

Chapter 3

by Tyranny 0 reviews

Gee meets Ray and things start to happen...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Characters: Ray Toro - Published: 2012-01-30 - Updated: 2012-01-30 - 984 words - Complete

0Unrated
Frank’s P.O.V

As soon as we walked into high school I saw Gee drop his head. He was really worried about people guessing that he had been crying, and there was no way he was taking any chances. To be honest, I didn’t blame him. I knew very well how harsh people can be, and I knew that things would have got a lot worse if Gee hadn’t stood up for me last year. I shuffled sideways and put my arm around him again.
“You’ll be fine. What’ve you got first? I’m in Math.” I said. He looked up at me and nodded, then cleared his throat. For a moment I thought I saw the same hurt in his eyes that I’d seen earlier in the park, but it was so quick I couldn’t be sure. I really had to find out what this was all about…

Gee’s P.O.V

“I have…um…oh crap. I don’t have the same as you. I’ve got Chemistry.” Now that worried me. I had my first lesson of the day with a teacher that didn’t pay ANY attention to what students are doing. It allowed them to talk to me. If it even counts as talking. And Frank wasn’t there with me. I was dead.
When I walked into the dull, dusty classroom I was one of the last, and 30 pairs of eyes followed me as I made my way to the only free desk, at the back next to a boy with hair twice the size of his head. I’ve always liked afros…I looked down at my feet in case anyone saw my eyes and dumped my bag under the desk, not bothering to get out my books. I watched a blond haired head turn around to look at me but shook my fringe out over my eyes before he could really see me. Daniel Newword had been one of the reasons I really didn’t want to come back to this place. He was popular and perfect. But he was a complete motherfucker. Everyone knew that, they were just too scared to stand up to him. So when I did…he immediately decided I would be one of his prime victims. I’d regretted it many times, but when I really thought about it, I knew that I had made the right choice. I’d rather stand up for myself and get my face punched in than let a stupid douche bag toss me around. When I was completely sure he wasn’t looking at me I looked up to find the guy with the awesome hair staring straight at me.
“Hi, I’m Ray Toro.” He held out his hand and I took it. He seemed nice enough.
“I’m Gerard…I’m sorry, are you new here?” He shook his head. “Well, I haven’t seen you around school…” He nods.
“I kind of try to keep a low profile. I’m surprised I haven’t been noticed more, considering…This.” He gestured to his hair. I laughed. “So what class you got next?” he asked. I sighed, wondering if Frank would be in my class this time around.
“Art. It’s my favourite subject. Hopefully I won’t get a shit teacher this year. Last years’ was Miss Hughes. She’s a complete nut job…” He smiled a wide mouthed smile, then stopped.
“Aw man, I’m different. I guess I’ll see you at lunch?” He said with a sigh. I nodded,
“Sure, talk to you then. I’ll be by the gates.” I replied.

Ray’s P.O.V

This Gerard guy seemed nice enough. I had immediately taken a liking to him because he was different, and he didn’t come in with his head held high like the rest of them. It made me feel like I wasn’t alone… I didn’t want to go to the next class. So I didn’t. I just sat outside the building until I heard the lesson bell go, and when it did I walked back inside and sat down in the library. It had never been so quiet. Or it was until the door suddenly opened. I dived under the desk and held my breath, expecting the headmaster. When I saw the designer sneakers I knew I was wrong. Daniel Newword and his ‘friends’ had had the same idea as me. Crap. I stood up swiftly and wacked my head on the desk. Hard.
“FUCK! That hurt!” I yelped. Daniel turned around and his gaze found me. I took in a sharp breath and forced a smile onto my face. He didn’t smile back so I relaxed. “Is there something on my face? You can’t seem to look away.” His expression darkened.
“Piss off out of this library fuzz head. We’re hanging here this lesson.”
“HA! No…And it’s an afro. Do you understand that word?” I shook my head. They never think of anything smart to say. “Well. I guess I will actually. I can’t be bothered with your…never mind.” I looked them up and down. Then I pushed past them out the library. Or I tried to. Before I could get out, I felt someone grab the back of my shirt. And then a fist flew fast into the back of my head and my vision went red. I turned around slowly, my head throbbing, and planted my fist directly under his chin. He yelped in pain, and I followed through with a kick to the shin. He knelt down clutching his leg and grabbed my ankle, pulling me down with him. Before the fall, I briefly saw someone run into the library. As my head hit the floor my world went black.
Sign up to rate and review this story