Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Finally Free

Part 12 - The Sharpest Lives

by BurningCuriosity 1 review

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2012-02-17 - Updated: 2012-02-17 - 3315 words

1Exciting
Amelie woke up almost past lunch, with a note by her bedside table.

Yawning and stretching, amazed that she’s been sleeping so well despite her usual insomnia, Amelie grabbed the note and took a shower. Drying her hair in the balcony while sipping tea, Dorian the kitty curls up on her lap as she begins to read the note.

“Dear Amelie, Sorry to leave you sleeping, but you were too gorgeous to wake up for a good bye kiss. I’ve gone for this morning’s practice and recording. I’ve written the address on the back of the note in case you’d like to drop by. Jamia and Alicia would love to have you around as they get bored while we practice. I hope to see you soon. Love, Gerard”

Amelie folded the note back as she nearly choked on her tea. “Love, Gerard” bothered her more than usual.

“I know I’ve got feelings for him, but I think it’s too early to call it love, right Dorian?” Amelie asked the cat as it stared up lazily at her and pawed her teacup. “Well, the last time I thought of love, I got crushed. Adam’s crushed me, we’ve got Gerard who did try to crush me a couple of nights ago. It’s just too early to jump to conclusions that big. Wait, I’m freaking out too much, maybe he didn’t mean it in that sense, just a formal letter thing, right?”

Dorian stood on his hind legs and pawed Amelie’s face, meowing.

“You think I’m over reacting Dorian? Yeah maybe. Let’s leave it be. I’ll get dressed and drop by the studio, I know someone who works in this studio, just want to let a few people know I’m back in town” Amelie explained, lifting the kitty as she walked off to dress.

Dorian the cat tilted it’s head sideways, walked back in and slept by the patch of sun on the couch.



Amelie stared at her reflection, obsessing over detail. Her hair was down in its usual curls, covering half of her face as she brushed the strands to the side. She had shoulder length black hair, thick in wavy curls. Victoria secret hair, as Adam used to refer to them. She had big hazel eyes that popped out whenever she would muster the courage to look at people straight in the eyes.

She stood at 5’4, weighed less than she should for her age. Her figure was something she was confident about, knowing her full breasts and her accentuated body with the flat stomach, perfect legs and even a hot ass, could get her anything she wanted with a man. However Amelie covered herself too much too often, fighting with her insecurities.

Years of depression have given her permanent eye bags which didn’t seem that horrible in reality, but to Amelie it was magnified. That’s how it always was. Magnified issues, which Adam had tried to resolve, but she would never believe.

She would never believe she looked extremely hott in a bikini. She would never believe she was in fact, gorgeous.

Years before, she had given up make-up due to her obsession with perfection, yet the horrible belief that it wouldn’t make any difference. She had also given up dressing well ages ago, when she felt too shy to grab any attention during her high school years.

Today, for some reason, Amelie found herself naked in front of the mirror. She stared long and hard, finally speaking to herself.

“You’re 27, turning 28. There’s no more time to live in fear, look where that’s gotten you before. Nowhere. There’s nothing wrong with admiring yourself. Give yourself some credit. Try some of the ton’s of clothes you’ve left here, or you’ve never worn. The type I buy because it looked great on the models but never got the balls to wear it. DAMN IT! Wake up! You can do this!” Amelie yelled at herself in the mirror.

She breathed slowly and calmed herself. Then she proceeded to dress.


Amelie found herself in a tight black skirt, a floral top which was almost backless and black ankle boots. Her olive skin glowed nicely against the combination of colors. She hair flowed down naturally curly, accentuating her face. Amelie grabbed one long black coat and slipped it on. Before she fully close the coat, she faced herself in the mirror and smiled.

She smiled genuinely, thinking of Gerard and how he had opened up to her, or how she had opened up to him. It was a smile from the feeling of telling all your horrible secrets to someone, yet having them hold you through it. It was the feeling of being accepted, for who you really are, without any glamour and even at the lowest points on your life. Amelie smiled big as her thoughts drifted to Gerard. “Love, Gerard”.

As much as she hated to admit it, she was hoping Gerard really did love her. Or at least he was beginning to fall in love with her.

“Careful with the hoping Ams, it’s the let down that kills you” Amelie told herself out loud. Noticing her reflection again, Amelie decided to add a bit of make up.

Eyeliner, mascara and lipstick over, she grabbed her purse and a paper bag of butterflies. Amelie stood there, hailing a cab, confident for the first time in what seemed like forever. She sat in, gave the address, and smiled in the hope of seeing someone who loved her.





Earlier that day, Gerard had woken up and rushed out, giving Amelie a note and kiss before he flew to the studio.


“Guys! Guys, I’m sorry I’m late, I’ma go grab a shirt and I’ll be back” Gerard said, flustered.

“Woah, looks like someone’s getting some!” Frank yelled, accompanied by a loud strum.

“No no it’s not like that, we just talked, wait I’ll get back to you guys, give me 5 minutes” Gerard said, waving off as the band rehearsed some new songs.

Stephen, the studio manager, walked in as Gerard rushed to leave. “What’s up with him?” Stephen asked the boys.

Ray had been tuning his guitar, replied on Gerard’s new found relationship. “It’s not really like they’re a couple. Gee just did a favor for his granddad in London, he’s taking care of her for 6 months.” Ray explained.

“So, what’s the hottie’s name?” Stephen inquired, adjusting volume levels.

“Amelie Bouvier” Frank said nonchalantly.

Stephen slipped and turned up the volume so high, the mic’s were interfering with the system. “WHAT?!” he yelled, adjusting the volumes back down.

“Hold on, I think my ear drum is bleeding” Mikey said, clutching his ears.

“Sorry, I was startled, I thought you said Gerard’s dating Amelie Bouvier” Stephen said, laughing nervously.

“Yes, that’s her…” Ray said, putting his guitar back down.

“French-Asian? This tall? Curly black hair? Awesome rack? Biggest brown eyes you’ve ever seen?” Stephen gushed on.

“Yeah, that’s her. Wait, how do you know her?” Frank asked, genuinely interested. This sounded bad news to him, for some reason.

“First off, how could he do that? No one dates Amelie, no one. That’s got Adam Levine’s name all over it.” Stephen explained, sweeping his hand in a no gesture. He seemed nervous enough, giving a laugh and shaking his head.

“Second, Adam’s going to kill Gerard if he finds out. That guy is just as insane as she is” Stephen continued.

“Hey we met them both, they both seem pretty nice. Amelie’s got some issues but I think she’s alright” Frank said defensively.

“Oh please, you’ve met them for a day, you think you know them well enough? See this?” Stephen lifted his shirt to show a nasty scar on his right abdomen.

“I’m guessing that’s the third reason?” Mikey whispered.

“Amelie stabbed me.” Stephen ended, as Jamia and Alicia and Gerard came back into the room.




“She what?” Gerard asked seriously.

“She shot me. 5 years ago. Look, Gee, Amelie’s not the best thing to have around. Girl is insane. Real psycho. Adam’s no different.” Stephen said, explaining. He held his hands out in defense as Gerard walked closer.

“Tell me the story, now.” Gerard said quietly. The whole room sat and listened on.



“5 years ago, Adam recorded an album here with his band. He and Amelie were dating. At that time, Adam was in a dark place, he was just, overwhelmed by everything and coped up with the usual, drugs, alcohol, mindless sex. Then came Amelie. She put responsibility back in him, you know? He suddenly cleaned himself up and cared for her. She was really quiet, too quiet. She would never talk to the rest of the band much, or me for that matter. Then something snapped. You know how it’s always the quiet ones that are the worst? Adam fucked up something, no one really figured it out. They were yelling and screaming and going ballistic in the other studio room. Amelie was out of control, she pulled out a knife from her bag, I got in the way and she stabbed me. She stopped and froze, then calmly called 911, told them she stabbed me and hanged up. Adam tried talking some sense into her, but she wouldn’t response. Complete psycho melt down. Anyways, I never filed anything because Adam, well, I owed the guy a favor and let’s say he paid me, plus the album was going to be released and Amelie was a lawyer, it could’ve discredited her. No one needed to know. Then Adam promised me he’d take care of things, I’ve never heard about her since then, not since now anyway. Rumor has it she was shipped to some asylum in Europe.” Stephen finished.

Everyone sat in silence as Gerard cleared his throat.

“I know it’s shocking, but I’ve done crazy things as well. I love this girl, end of discussion” with that he stood up and left the room, as everyone tried to reason with him.


The whole day was focused on the practice. No one talked to Gerard, or said a word for that matter. As for Gerard, he was stuck singing and practicing, with the same question burning through him. Why.





As Amelie found herself in front of the studio, she wondered why it seemed so familiar. She texted Adam, hoping to get some answers to the funny feeling of de ja vu. Amelie walked in and took her coat off, directing herself to the rehearsal studio.

She found the band and waved.

“Hi Gerard!” She said brightly, smiling. Gerard nodded and walked off. Hurt by this, Amelie turned around.

“What…what’s going on? Why is he mad at me? Uhm…are you guys mad at me too?” Amelie asked quietly. Mikey and Ray stared coldly at her, as Jamia and Alicia looked for a brief moment, then gazed away as if she didn’t exist.

Frank kept staring at Amelie. She seemed really happy for once, and he noticed she had dressed out of her usual covered up self. Frank cleared his throat, someone had to give this girl a break.

“Amelie…do you know anyone named Stephen?” Frank asked straight.

“Not that I recall” Amelie replied back clearly. “What’s going on?” She added.

Frank left and room and returned with a man in his 30s, who had a pony tail and tattoos. “Really? Because you stabbed him.” Frank said roughly, showing the wound.

“What?!” Amelie whispered in shock, taking a step back.

“That’s right, you stabbed him, 5 years ago. I want an explanation. Damn it!” Gerard suddenly barged in and punched the wall.

Amelie felt the tears coming into her eyes. The heavy breathing welled up from her chest as anxiety took over. Out of habit, she speed dialed Adam and reached for her bag.

“No, don’t try to ignore this. Answer us” Gerard said calmly, taking her bag away.

Amelie gasped as she reached for her bag, feeling her panic take over. She needed the pills more than ever. She saw images flash at her, a fight, blood, her hand, a knife, a phone call, but she couldn’t put it into words. It seemed her mouth had stopped. She breathed harder, knowing full well she was crying.

“Gerard please, I need my medicine” Amelie cried.

“Not until you explain things!” Gerard yelled back, feeling that frustration he had bottled up all day. He was tired of being lied to. His ex wife lied through so much, the anger and pain of the divorce came back up. He thought he could trust Amelie but maybe she wasn’t any different that he had hoped.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about!” Amelie cried, her whole body was shaking. She felt the light headed sensation, and before she could defend herself any more, she shut down.

“Oh shit. Amelie? Amelie? I just wanted an explanation, please snap out of it” Gerard said, rushing to her side. She had frozen over completely, eyes wide open. To anyone else, it seemed she was just lost in a stare at something far off.

Gerard lifted Amelie slowly and placed her on the couch.

“What the fuck?!” Stephen yelled.

“Everyone, get the fuck out now!” Gerard yelled, as he left with the guys too. Amelie was left alone, in the room, as she stared off without consciousness.




Adam read the text and rushed immediately to the studio. He stormed in and found the group by the side of Amelie, who he knew was frozen off.

“Get the fuck up you piece of shit” Adam gritted as he pulled Gerard and shoved him back to a wall.

“What the fuck have you done?” Adam asked.

“Oh please, don’t pull that tough act on me. She stabbed him. We just asked her why!” Gerard pointed to Stephen.

Adam breathed deeply and stared at Stephen. “I thought I got rid of you, you worthless piece of crap. What do you want? You’re banned from working here, how did you get in?” Adam said menacingly.

“Look man, I didn’t know you were back in town. Even her. I just told them how she, you know, stabbed me….” Stephen trailed off, suddenly losing his confidence.

“You fucking what? Bullshit.” Adam said angrily as he pulled a gun out from his side and held it to Stephen’s head.

“WOAH! Calm the fuck down! Adam, c’mon you don’t need another mistake here, Amelie’s going to loose it and you know it, we can’t afford any of this, you, us, her, the bands, just drop it okay!” Gerard said, holding out his hands.

“No one even think of dialing the police or this little piece of liar gets blown off, for good” Adam said calmly.

No one moved, frozen in fear. Amelie was still in her unconscious state despite her eyes open. For what seemed like an eternity, Adam spoke again, his eyes never leaving Gerard.

“You want the truth, Gerard? You should’ve asked Stephen for more details before you began harassing the very person I’ve been saving and protecting.” Adam said. He stared back at Stephen.

“Let’s hear the truth now” Adam said, lowering the gun back. The room sighed without realizing the breath everyone had been holding.

“Okay..okay man. Adam was recording here with the band. I..uhm…accidentally scored some heroin and left it in Adam’s stuff, I mean, I was going to get it later on. Amelie walked in and confronted Adam about it. They were yelling off, I came in, Adam knew it was mine and told her. She freaked out and grabbed a knife and stabbed me, then she called the police” Stephen said really fast.

“Good boy, now tell them what you told the police.” Adam barked.

“She didn’t stab me, it was an accident, no charges were ever filed.” Stephen recited from memory.

“And that’s when I paid you to get the fuck out of this country, with your damn heroin. Why the fuck are you back?” Adam said, punching Stephen, then kicking him down.

“Someone call security.” Adam said calmly as he opened his phone and dialed the owner of the studio.

“Hey, yep it’s Adam Levine. Get rid of Stephen will you? Of course I’ll feature your studio on The Voice. Sure, let’s have a beer, alright man, bye” Adam happily said, then hanging up.

Adam walked back menacingly to Gerard.

“You better get your act fucking straight. If not for me, for her. Think before you talk. She isn’t like the rest of you happy campers. You all think she’s just nervous, it’s more than that. You have no idea what Amelie is like, and how damaged she is, and the things I have done to keep her safe. More than she ever will know. So I expect if you’re going to have a war with me for her, at least live up to your fucking part, Way” Adam said angrily.

Adam breathed in as Gerard exhaled, both men staring at each other. Tension was thick, as Jamia, Alicia, Mikey, Frank and Ray anxiously waited for what happened next.

“Adam…” Amelie called out weakly. With that, the tension suddenly disappeared as Amelie sat up.

“Adam is that your voice? I can’t remember much. Where are we?” Amelie said as she blinked her eyes fast, feeling tears come up. She couldn’t recall much, just meeting Gerard in the studio and calling Adam.

“Amelie, sweetness, you called me over, remember? You wanted to have dinner?” Adam said, kneeling in front of her.

“Adam, please tell me the truth? I can’t remember. I just, I was so…I was shocked..and hurt. I was really hurt. My head hurts” Amelie explained, laughing quietly.

“Amelie, would you like some water?” Gerard said, clearing his throat.

“Oh Gerard, I remember coming down to meet you, wow you must be tired from singing” Amelie said, noticing how tight his voice seemed.

“Adam? The truth? Please? Even if it hurts. I have a feeling this is going to hurt as much as my head does” Amelie said, unaware of everyone else in the room.

Adam sighed deeply and stared into Amelie’s soft brown eyes. He suddenly noticed she was shivering out of the cold, and took off his jacket for her to use.


As Gerard handed Amelie the glass of water, Adam began his explanation. “Amelie…I’ve hidden a lot of things from you, that we both know happened. We both know you have a tendency to blank out when you’re overwhelmed. Years ago, do you remember, when you were violently ill?” Adam said slowly.

Amelie nodded her head to a yes.

“Well, my dear, you stabbed someone accidentally when you found out he left heroin in my stuff” Adam whispered, barely enough for the room to hear.

Again, time froze. All the drama and tension of the day, seeped in to Amelie’s heart. She was hoping for a happy day with Gerard. After all, she finally had the courage to give herself some attention. Then again, it’s not every day you find your self esteem, only for it to be broken down by your own actions even if you don’t remember them very well.

"Oh" Amelie said. She then stared at Gerard, who felt his heart and throat burning with apologies that needed to be said.
Sign up to rate and review this story