Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Happily Never After

5- Names We Should've Already Picked

by XxPerfectTomorrowxX 2 reviews

Can Brendon makes things right?

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2012-03-04 - Updated: 2012-03-05 - 978 words

4Exciting
(Brendon's POV)



I watched as Spencer pulled up to the tour bus. I was at the door of the passengers side of his car before either of them got out. I pulled Kacy's door open. "Thank god you're back. I was starting to get lonely." I said, smiling. I had a lot of making up to do.

Kacy looked at me, confused. "I- what?"

"Come on!" I said, pulling her out of the car by her hand. "Let's go!"

Kacy headed for the door of the bus but I pulled at her hand, stopping her. "No, we are going out on our own." I said, deciding that I had to do something fantastic. What? I wasn't sure yet but I'd figure it out.

Kacy smiled, "This is... unexpected."

"I've been stressed lately." I admitted, smiling nervously. "I need to start making it up to you. I never should've neglected the best thing in my life." I placed my hand on her stomach as I leaned down and kissed her.

"Stressed?" Kacy asked, wanting to know more.

"I just want things to be perfect when the baby comes." I lied. Well, it wasn't entirely a lie. I did want things to be perfect. I was just making up what had been 'bothering' me to keep her from continuing to think that I was a cheater. I had to pull out the charm and fast! "And we won't be home for another two months, leaving very little time to get things perfect for the baby... and we haven't spent much time together, which is completely my fault but... I want everything to be perfect. I've been too focused on the future, making me neglect the present. It won't happen again. I promise."

"There's nothing else you'd like to tell me?" Kacy asked, biting her lip.

Now was the time to be honest. Be honest Brendon! I couldn't force myself to tell her the truth... "Nah, that's everything." I assured her, smiling confidently.

Kacy smiled, "Well, I guess I owe you an apology then." She said, blushing.

I shook my head, "No. Never apologize." I whispered, leaning down to press my lips against her forehead.

Once I helped her in to my car I paused, leaning against the car door. Why didn't I just tell the truth? I let a perfect opportunity slip right through my fingers...

Well, now it was too late.

I couldn't mess this up again. No more cheating. Kacy was perfect. I couldn't lose her.



**



(Spencer's POV)



"Sir, may I help you?"

I had to control my breathing before I responded. What was I doing in a jewelry shop? "I'm interested in that ring."

The saleswoman approached the case of rings and smiled, "Ah, perfect. The promise ring. It's such a beautiful ring..." The lady went on to explain it but I cut her off, clearing my throat.

"I'll take it."

"Size?"

I rooted around in my pocket, finding Kacy's ring size. I'd written it down on a piece of paper before leaving for the jewelry shop.

What was I doing?

I was such a terrible, terrible friend but I just couldn't help myself.





***



(Kacy's POV)



"It's so pretty out here." I whispered, staring up at the sky. We were on a sheet next to Brendon's car. It was probably a popular make out location for hiding teenagers but I didn't care. The scenery was beautiful.

I could hear the smile in Brendon's tone as he replied, "The baby kicked." His hand had been resting upon my stomach.

I laughed, "Yeah, she does that a lot."

"She?"

"She... He... whatever the baby will be. I just usually call it a she. Seems a lot better than referring to the baby as 'it'." I explained.

"Do you want a girl?" Brendon asked.

Five months in to the pregnancy and we were finally actually having a conversation about our unborn baby. This all felt so overdue but I couldn't find room to complain. It felt so nice to lay beside Brendon. It felt nice to hear him speak. I'd missed just being with him.

"I'm not really sure. I mean... either way the baby is going to be ours and that's enough for me. What'd you want?"

"A boy." Brendon said, laughing. "Or a girl. Damn. I don't know actually." He admitted, laughing again. "Pick any names out?"

"That's usually something a couple does together." I whispered, closing my eyes.

"Then let's do it now." Brendon suggested.

"Tomorrow are you going to disappear again?" I asked, hoping he wouldn't. "Just be honest about it."

"What? No, of course not. I'm never going to be so idiotic again." Brendon promised. "I'm sorry. I was so fucking stupid. I'm yours Kacy. You're mine. I don't ever want to lose that. I'm here to stay."

"I hope so." I whispered. "I hate when you're with me but not really with me. It's so lonely."

"I made a mistake. I won't make the same one again." Brendon promised. He sounded sincere. God, I hoped he meant it. I couldn't finish the rest of my pregnancy without him. Despite whatever he thought... this baby was his responsibility too. I needed him. The baby needed him. The needs weren't as great just yet but every single day they grew.

"What about Jack?" Brendon finally asked.

"Ashley?" I threw out.

"No... Emily?" Brendon proposed.

"I like the name Spencer. It could work for a girl or a boy." I said, smiling at the idea of naming our child Spencer.

"I'm not naming our kid after one of the guys." Brendon said, shaking his head. I could feel the movement, even with my eyes closed leaving me unable to see him.

"It looks like we have a lot to talk about then." I said, smiling.

"I've got the rest of my life. What about you?" Brendon joked.
Sign up to rate and review this story