Categories > Celebrities > Good Charlotte > Suprises

Chapter 2

by Nic 1 review

part 2

Category: Good Charlotte - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Published: 2006-06-29 - Updated: 2006-06-29 - 1801 words

0Unrated
Chapter 2

The next day Benji was in the living room. He had stayed up all night. He couldn't get any sleep. Asher came down stairs and went into the kitchen. Benji went running in after her.
"Come any closer to me and I will hurt you." Asher warned him. She never looked at him.
"Please talk to me."
"I just did." She snapped carrying on making her breakfast not looking at him. She couldn't look at him it hurt too much.
"No I mean properly."
"You don't deserve it and I don't want to be responsible for my actions if we did talk because I don't know what I might do to you."
"I understand that you're angry but please hear me out I..."
"Angy. You think I'm angry." She laughed still not looking at him. "I'm fucking furious. You have no idea how much self control I'm using right now. So I'd suggest you leave me alone before I do something I might regret."
"See I know you still have feelings for me or you wouldn't regret what you might do to me if I don't leave."
"No I might regret it because I don't want to go to jail for beating a scumbag like you." She said then went back up to her room.

An hour later Joel called round.
"How's it going Benji? You talked to her yet?"
"She came down this morning to get breakfast we talked a little then."
"Good."
"No it wasn't good. I never seen her like that she was so angry so cold."
"Benj she's going through a lot. Can you blame her?"
"No, I deserve it I deserve it all."
"Do you want me to have a word with her?"
"If you think it'll do any good."
Joel went to Asher's room and knocked on the door.
"Ash? It's Joel can I come in?" Joel said. She opened the door then sat back on the bed.
"Hey how you doing?" Joel said sitting next to her.
"I don't know really. I haven't got a clue. I don't know if I'm coming or going. It's all just a blur."
"Well you can't stay up here forever. You need to get out and do things. Carry on with you normal life. Take your mind of Benj for a bit. Why don't you come out with me tomorrow? I promise no talk of Benji at all. Just you and me hanging out. I missed you too you know while we where away. So what do you say, I'll pick you up at nine?"
"I don't know Joel..."
"Asher listen to me. You can't stay here. Now you're coming out with me tomorrow whether you like it or not. I'll be here nine shrapish." Joel said giving her a hug and leaving before she could disagree with him.
When he got back down stairs Benji was waiting anxiously.
"So what happened?"
"I'm taking her out tomorrow. She needs to get out of the house."
"Let me come with you."
"No Benji. In order for her to trust you again she needs to trust her self. Give her space for a while. I know it's hard but let her cool off for a bit then start trying to talk to her."
"Ok I guess your right."
"Of course I am. I'm your brother." Joel said smugly. Benji laughed a little.
"You're a dork."
"Hey, I'm trying to help you here."

The next day at nine o'clock on the dot Joel was knocking on Asher's door.
"Come on Ash you ready yet?" Joel said. Asher opened the door and she looked amazing just like her old self but something was different about her. Her eyes, they weren't as bright and as full of life as they used to be. They where dark, sad and lonely.
"Yeah come on." Asher said forcing a smile.
They managed to get out the house with out running into Benji. They had a good day hanging out just like it was before the tour. Joel and Asher had always been good friends. When they pulled up outside Benji and Asher's house they sat in the car talking.
"Joel did you know?"
"Know what?"
"About him with her."
"No. If I had I would have done everything in my power to stop it. Trust me it would never have ended up like this if I knew what was going on. Give it time. When you're ready you really do need to talk to him."
"I know and I will. I just don't have the strength to deal with him right now."
"That's understandable."
"Thank you."
"What for?"
"For being her for me. I had a really good day today. I felt better getting out of the house and getting away from him. If there's anything I can do for you just ask."
"Well its Tony birthday party on Friday. Kayla's working and I don't have anyone to go with. Do you want to come with me? It'll do you good getting out of the house."
"Joel I don't know. If it was anyone else's party I probably would but Tony's Benji's best friend which means Benji will be there and I don't know if I'm ready for that."
"You should come. Show Benj what he's missing. Try it come with me I'll look after you. If it gets to much we can leave when ever you like."
"OK I'll give it a try then but don't expect too much from me ok."
"Good girl." Joel said smiling and giving her a hug. "Do you want me to walk you in or will you be ok."
"I'll be fine. I need to try and get back to normal as much as possible." Asher said getting out of the car and going back to the house.

Friday night Asher was getting ready for Tony's party making her self look as good as she possibly could. She heard a knock on the door. Thinking it was Joel she called for him to come in. It was Benji.
"Get out." She said bluntly as she seen who it was.
"You just said I could come in." Benji said looking hurt.
"That was when I thought you where Joel."
"You two have been spending a lot of time together lately. There's nothing going on between you two is there?" Benji asked. Asher laughed bitterly.
"I can't believe you. I'm not the cheater, you are. Anyway so what if there was, it's none of your business what I do or who I see now." Asher said.
"You're still my wife." Benji said quietly.
"Yeah but not if I have anything to do with it."
"You're not filing for a divorce."
"You can bet your ass I am." Asher said. Joel walked in.
"Hey you ready to go Ash? Was I interrupting something?" Joel said looking between the two of them.
"No. Come on, let's get out of here." Asher said pushing past Benji.
When they got to the party they saw a few people they knew and chatted with them for a while. Asher put on a brave face but Joel knew she was dying inside. They went and sat in a corner out of the way. After a while Tony came over to them and they talked for a little while. No one other than Joel, Evan and Kayla no one really knew what was happening between Benji and Asher, they all just thought they where going through a bad patch. Tony saw Benji walk into the room.
"Benji! Come here!" Tony shouted to him. Benji reluctantly walked over to him.
They talked for a bit but it was really tense between Benji and Asher. Tony noticed this.
"So what's going on between you too?" Tony said looking at both of them. Asher just stirred straight at Benji. Benji looked down.
"It's nothing well be fine soon." Benji said quietly. This made Asher furious, she snapped.
"WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY? IT'S NOTHING. LIKE HELL IT'S NOTHING. OH I GET IT NOW. YOU HAVE TO PUT ON A FRONT FOR EVERYONE ELSE. DON'T WANT THEM TO KNOW WHAT YOU DID. WHAT YOU DID TO ME, TO US. WHY DON'T YOU TELL 'EM BENJI? WHY DON'T YOU TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS WHAT YOU DID TO MAKE ME THIS ANGRY? NO YOU DON'T WANT TO? WELL I'LL TELL THEM FOR YOU SHALL I!" Asher shouted. Everyone around them was watching now. Tony looked shocked. Asher was usually really laid back nothing ever really bothered. No one had seen her this mad.
"Ash that's enough." Joel tried to stop her. Benji's eyes where filling up with tears.
"Yeah maybe you should clam down a bit." Tony said concerned.
"DON'T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN. YOU NEED TO KNOW WHAT YOUR FRIEND IS LIKE. WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL THEM BENJ TOO ASHAMED BECAUSE I'M ASHAMED OF YOU. DID YOU ALL KNOW THAT WHILE HE'S SO CALLED HAPPILY MARRIED TO ME HE'S OFF FUCKING A NINETEEN YEAR OLD. IT'S DISCUSSTING AND TO TOP IT ALL OFF HE ACCUSED ME OF SLEEPING WITH HIS OWN BROTHER..." Benji had heard enough. He ran out, Tony followed him.
"Don't you think you went a bit too far then?" Joel asked her. Everyone went back to the party.
"No." Asher said bluntly.

Outside Tony had caught up with Benji. He was in tears sat on the bench. Tony sat down next to him.
"Hey." Tony said quietly.
"Hey." Benji whispered looking down.
"Stupid question but are you ok?" Tony asked. Joel joined them.
"What do you want?" Benji said to Joel.
"I want to see if you're ok. She went too far in there and she knows it. It's just with all that she's going through and she's had way too much to drink. She had to blow sometime."
"She was out of order." Tony said.
"No she has every right to be. Everything she said was true."
"Yeah but not the part about Joel right?" Tony said confused.
"Yeah even that." Benji said still looking down.
"You just keep making it worst for yourself don't you. I'm here trying to help you get back together with her and your accusing her of sleeping with me. I don't know why I bother." Joel spat and walked off to take Asher home.
"I just keep fucking up Tone I don't know what to do anymore."
"Benj what where you think why did you have an affair I thought you two where really happy together."
"We are. We were, I don't know. We where on tour for so long and with not seeing Asher... I really missed her."
"So why sleep with someone else."
"I don't know. If I could take it back I would with out a second thought."
Sign up to rate and review this story