Categories > Celebrities > Savage Garden > Night and Day

4

by Rose_Angel 0 reviews

Darren and Daniel in 1920s America.

Category: Savage Garden - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Characters: Colby Taylor, Daniel Jones, Darren Hayes, Kathleen de Leon - Warnings: [?] [X] - Published: 2005-05-29 - Updated: 2005-05-29 - 2601 words

0Unrated
Night and Day 4/20
"The best is yet to come, and babe, won't that be fine? You think you've seen the sun, but you ain't seen it shine." The Best is Yet to Come, Frank Sinatra
Over the next few weeks, Darren and Daniel saw each other nearly every evening. On evenings they were not obligated to be with their significant others, they went to motion pictures and to Harlem. Some nights, they stayed in, talking and teasing each other, Daniel soon learning how to make the chase hard for Darren. Some nights, Darren would close the hotel room door with an exceedingly wicked grin on his face and Daniel would ask, "Kathleen bought me a poetry book. Some bugger named Whitman. Should we read it?"
And Darren's eyes would go light for a moment, "I was thinking something rather different, Danny boy."
"No, I'd much rather read poetry," Daniel would smile and watch as Darren sulked. Darren had quite a temper, and had tendencies to throw little tantrums when he did not get his way. Many people would find the trait maddening, but Daniel was absolutely enthralled with it. He liked to think it was only his kiss that could calm the dark-haired man down. It terrified him, however, to know that he was falling in love with Darren. What had been an impractical love affair before was becoming full-blown love, a sort of love Daniel had never felt before. But admitting to Darren his feelings would make his upcoming vows to Kathleen a lie, and he did not want to hurt the delightful young woman he had proposed to in Brisbane such a long time ago. So, while Darren confessed his love nearly every night, Daniel simply would nod and kiss him, afraid to respond.
One day, Kathleen informed Daniel they would be attending the theatre with the Hayeses. Daniel spent the entire day wondering how in the world he would manage the two most important people in life, without Kathleen noticing his feelings for Darren. He had arrived to pick up Kathleen and was in the parlor when he overheard Kathleen and Mrs. De Leon talking, "Oh yes, I saw her just yesterday with him. In broad daylight, Kathleen. I always thought the English were more proper than that."
"Are you certain?" Kathleen murmured. "They seem to be very fond of each other."
"Well, I asked a few ladies, and they say it is common knowledge that Mr. and Mrs. Hayes are only married for show. It seems she's been having this tryst for quite some time."
"That is absolutely horrible," Kathleen sighed. "I do hope Mr. Hayes does not know, for his own sake. He reveres her."
At that moment, the two women entered the parlor and Daniel stood, his hands quivering slightly from what he had overheard. Kathleen was wearing an emerald green velvet dress and a fur stole. "You look ravishing, Katie-girl," he murmured as he kissed her black-gloved hand. "Shall we go?"
They rode in silence to the theatre, neither of them uttering a word to each other the entire way. This troubled Daniel. While they had been in Australia, they had spoken for hours on the beach, discussed politics and religion and poetry and music. Now, Kathleen rarely spoke to him. He was afraid he was fated to be trapped in a silent marriage, a loveless marriage. However, the moment they arrived at the theatre and the door was opened for them, Kathleen held onto him, laughing and smiling as they went inside. Colby and Darren were talking near the entrance of the theatre. It appeared they were having a dispute; Darren was holding onto her arm, his entire body rigid, while she hung her head. "...may be nothing," Colby was whispering as Kathleen and Daniel came to them.
"Good evening," Kathleen smiled.
"Kathleen!" Darren suddenly turned, a smile plastered onto his face as he took her hand, "you look absolutely breathtaking tonight. Daniel is entirely too lucky."
"Oh, Mr. Hayes," Kathleen giggled. "Your wife puts me to shame!"
Upon closer inspection of Colby, it was obvious she had been crying, but she still looked magnificent in a purple silk gown, diamonds gracing her slim throat. Daniel took her hand. "Good evening, Mrs. Hayes. You are a sight to be adored, as usual."
Kathleen smiled at him, obviously approving his way of handling a married woman. "Thank you, Daniel," Colby smiled. "Shall we go inside?"
Darren and Daniel stepped back to allow the women to go in first, and then followed themselves. Daniel touched Darren's sleeve lightly, wanting to do so much more, wanting to kiss him. Darren smiled at him, that same artificial smile he seemed to force. They sat down next to each other, and allowed the ladies to talk, Darren every once in a while interjecting some sort of droll remark, making Kathleen peal with laughter. Daniel watched all of this with jealousy, wishing he could have Darren all to himself that evening, knowing that he would allow Darren to catch him in the constant chase, if only they were alone. Once the lights went down and everyone was silent, Darren stroked Daniel's hand every once in a while, making the poor man wish even more Kathleen and Colby were not with them. The play was some sort of love story and halfway into it, he got up, excusing himself to go smoke. He found a bit of an alley and lit a cigarette, taking a long drag, hoping he would be able to calm himself enough to enjoy the rest of the evening. "Danny boy?" Darren murmured a moment later.
"Yes, Dare?" Daniel replied.
"Are you all right?" the shorter man came forward. "You've been quiet all evening. Or rather, you've been more quiet than usual. I don't think you've said more than fifteen words the entire evening."
"I'm fine," Daniel nodded. "And you? You seem upset. Are you and Colby fighting?"
Darren stood still for a moment and then murmured, "It's probably nothing, Danny boy. Don't worry about me."
They stood together for a moment, both leaning up against the wall, Darren slowly edging closer and closer to Daniel. "I hate this," Daniel sighed after taking the last drag of his cigarette.
"What do you hate?" Darren asked.
"Being with you when they're around," Daniel answered. "I can't stand it. You're so loving to Colby, and I must be loving to Kathleen when in reality, I, well, I don't love her."
"You don't?" Darren stared at him.
"No," Daniel shook his head. "I-Darren-I love you."
Darren laughed, the sound bouncing off the walls of the dark alley. "Thank God you said that, Daniel. I was beginning to think I was wasting my time. Now, come, you fool, kiss me to seal it and all that. You know, seal it with a kiss."
Daniel nodded and kissed Darren carefully, adoring how easy it was to melt into Darren's embrace. They kissed for just a moment, pulling away from each other reluctantly. "I think we need to go back inside," Daniel said after a moment, lust deepening his voice to a rasp.
"Do you think they would notice if we did not come back?" Darren laughed.
Daniel nodded. "I think so."
"Say it once more, Danny boy. Just once more."
"I love you, Darren."
"Good," Darren smiled. "I love you too, Daniel Jones."
After the evening at the theatre, Darren and Daniel could hardly stand to be separated. During the day, they would arrange to meet for just a moment, as if by accident, just to smile at one another. They still had not made love, though it was more than quite obviously in the cards for them. Darren spent time cuddling with Daniel, reading poetry and laughing. One day, Darren got the keys to the Star and made Daniel play a bit of music for him on the bar's piano, Darren dancing by himself until the sight became so ridiculous that Daniel could no longer play. They were two people in love, two people falling for each other, as nature had intended. October turned into November, and then November turned into December, and just before Christmas, Darren surprised Daniel. "Don't take off a single article of clothing," Darren smiled one day. "We're going out tonight."
"Where to?" Daniel asked.
"It's a surprise, and don't try to get it out of me, you don't have a chance, Danny boy," Darren laughed.
"I despise surprises."
Darren shrugged. "You'll learn to adore them with me, Daniel. And don't sulk, you look horrible frowning."
Daniel followed Darren to the car. "May I guess where we're going?"
"You won't be able to," Darren replied. "But if you must be a spoil sport, go right ahead. Just don't be ridiculously annoying about it."
Daniel spent a good portion of the drive attempting to guess where they were going, but stopped when they pulled up to a brick townhouse. "What's this?" he asked.
"Daniel, you ask too many questions," Darren answered. "You trust me, right?"
"Of course."
"Then don't ask questions," Darren took his hand and opened the front door, waltzing right into the parlor.
"Darren!" a man called from where he sat on a chaise lounge with another man. Several other men were sitting near each other, a few were kissing. "It's wonderful to see you, old sport! Where have you been?"
"Charles, if you even so much has even hint that I am old again, I will cause you immense pain. This is Daniel."
Charles took Daniel's hand. "Hello, Daniel, I'm Charles. Welcome. You and Darren can make yourselves at home, pour yourselves a drink, and if you'd rather find yourselves a room, that is certainly just fine. My wife is out of town visiting her mother for the next two weeks. She'll never know."
It dawned on Daniel then that this was a petting party. A petting party for people like him. Darren was greeting the other men, kissing some on the cheeks, others on the lips. Everybody seemed to know each other and Daniel could not helping wondering how many of these men Darren had petted. Music streamed from a phonograph and candles provided a sort of soft glow for the evening. Darren soon returned to his side and took his hand. "Would you like a room just for us or would you like to stay here?"
"Let's stay here," Daniel heard himself answering. He felt oddly detached from this situation, and his brain seemed to be on autopilot.
Darren led him to a chaise lounge in the corner of the room and sat him down slowly. They begin kissing, their lips hungrily claiming each other, and Daniel soon found himself taking control. He began to nip at Darren's neck, loving the man's moans, and the feel of Darren's erection against his leg. His hands began to move around Darren's strong body, his fingers nimbly playing with the man's nipples, rolling them in his fingers, pinching them. The kisses became more heated, and Darren began to respond by pushing his hips, and therefore, his erection, against Daniel, causing the taller man to become so hard it almost hurt. This continued for several moments, Darren continuing to grind against Daniel, their erections rubbing painfully against the fabrics of their pants and then Darren grabbed Daniel's head and gasped, "If we don't stop this, I will come, Daniel."
Daniel got up and pulled Darren close to him, looking around quickly. Many of the other men had gotten undressed, and some were patting more than just their partners. "Hotel," Daniel ordered. They grabbed their jackets and shoes and went out to the car, ordering the driver to drive as quickly as possible. They continued what they had started just moments before, continuously pushing against each other until finally, Daniel reached down and freed Darren's erection from within his pants. He cupped his hand around the man and began moving his hand, quickly, up and down. Darren gasped and began to scratch the interior of the car, his eyes darkening with lust. "Daniel, oh shit," he gasped.
Daniel slowed down a bit, moving his hand a little more slowly, causing Darren to thrash around a little more, begging for Daniel to speed up again. And so Daniel alternated his speeds, loving the power he held over Darren. He listened as the man's breath became more and more ragged and felt the orgasm coming just as Darren began to warn him, "I'm going to come, Daniel. Shit, I am."
The car at stopped in front of the hotel, but there was no way Darren would be able to walk so Daniel replaced his hand with his mouth and finished off the job until Darren came, gasping the blonde man's name over and over. They stayed in the car for a few moments, allowing Darren to catch is breath. After several moments of ragged breathing, Darren turned to Daniel. "I want you to make love to me tonight, Daniel Jones. Do you understand?"
And Daniel nodded, his own erection throbbing against his leg with the promise of making love to Darren Hayes. They went upstairs as quickly as possible, closing the door once they reached the room. They undressed each other, no pretenses of romance, just uncontrollable lust. Daniel pushed Darren onto the bed and began to kiss the older man's entire body, smiling at the sight of Darren hardening again. He offered Darren his fingers, "Suck," he ordered. Darren took Daniel's fingers into his mouth and began to suck, causing Daniel to moan in pure ecstasy. "Dear Christ," he moaned, "you are fantastic, Dare."
"Let me show you just how fantastic I can be," Darren murmured and then took Daniel's erection into his mouth, his tongue swirling around the head of the penis, and then working his way up and down the shaft. His hands moved up to cup Daniel's testicles and Daniel found himself suddenly falling onto his back, allowing Darren to take control of him, and then his hips began to push up, forcing himself deeper into Darren's mouth. He began to fist at the sheets, his entire body beginning to tingle with the familiar feeling of pre-orgasm, his face becoming heated.
"Dare, if you don't stop, I won't be able to make love to you."
Darren smiled and pulled away, using his tongue to swirl the pre-cum around on Daniel's swelled cock. They switched positions, Darren returning to the bottom , his feet against Daniel's shoulders, his rear end raised off the bed, allowing Daniel easy access. The moment Daniel entered him, he moaned in pleasure. It was all he had ever imagined, absolute perfection. Daniel began an easy rhythm, slow at first, and then becoming faster. He hit Darren's prostate, causing the man to fist the sheets, his eyes closed. Daniel continued this rhythm for several minutes until, finally, both men came in a synchronized torrent, each calling the other's names.
It took several minutes for both men to come down. Their breath came out raggedly, but Darren propped himself up on his elbows. "Danny my boy," he gasped. "Jesus Christ. I always knew there was a reason I was so attracted to you." Daniel just smiled, his chest rising and falling with every breath. Darren reached down and kissed him. "I do suppose I'll have to keep you around for a bit, won't I?"
"A bit?" Daniel laughed.
"Or all of eternity," Darren smiled. "I love you, Daniel."
"And I love you, Darren," Daniel murmured, drifting off to dreamland, safe in Darren's arms.
TBC
Sign up to rate and review this story