Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Headfirst for Halos

Escape to the Afterlife if just for a night

by SimplexMinded 3 reviews

I sat up, resting my bloody back against the trunk of the tree I was still in. “Who are you?” The man glared at me before speaking “His brother.”

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy,Horror,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2012-03-17 - Updated: 2012-03-17 - 2163 words

3Exciting
I sat it my dorm room, staring out the window thinking about what Leiah had said to me. ‘Please don’t sneak out this time.’ I couldn’t get it out of my head. Did she see me leave last night? If she did that means it wasn’t a dream and I really was in the cellar and that whoever saw something might have seen me. My wings were grey which in the dark can look black but that didn’t explain the red eyes. I shook my head trying to think of anything else when my roommate’s voice brought be back to reality.

“Val, are you ok? Where did you go last night?” Her voice was timid but so was she.

“I went for a walk last night. I’m fine, why?” I knew exactly why she wanted to know but that didn’t mean I had to flow into her river.(A/N: I made that up, be proud!)

“You just seem….off lately.” She his her eyes behind her long hair, turning shy again.

I decided to scare her off of the subject by glaring. “How have I been off?”

She shook her head. “I…I don’t know you just…..have. Quiet, lost in thought, always zoning out, stuff like that.”

“Sorry, I’ve just got stuff on my mind right now and get caught up in my own world sometimes. Don’t worry about it.” My voice was kind but stern, telling her that I didn’t want to elaborate as to what kind of ‘stuff’ was on my mind. She nodded, taking the hint but still eyeing me with suspicion. She didn’t trust me and I knew it. I watched as the sun set and night came out to play, making me very antsy for some reason. By 11:00pm I was throwing my shoes on and pulling out my hoodie. My roommate watched me with wide, concerned eyes. “Where are you going?!?! Did you not hear Gabriel??”
I had had enough. “Gabriel, Gabriel Gabriel! Jesus fucking Christ! Grow a backbone Jessica!” I don’t know what got into me to make me snap like that but I didn’t stay around to wait for her response. I grabbed my things, knowing that Jessica would rat on me and my room would be searched and ran out the door. Once I was outside, my knees bent and my wings spread wide, hair burning my eyes as I took flight into the night sky. Tears streamed down my cheeks and I tried to shake them away but couldn’t. I was over this place. Part of me wished my outburst towards my roommate would turn out to be just another dream, a trick of my own mind, but another part wished that this time it would be real. My black hair scattered everywhere as my wings flapped high into the sky, taking me higher and higher. Finally I slowed to a stop when I was in the clouds. The world around me looked so different from up here. The buildings were dark due to all the lights being put out. I knew Jessica has run and gotten a Guardian to tell them I had ran off but I really didn’t care. I knew I should care but there was a thought in the back of my mind questioning of I truly should care or if I had been conditioned to care. Once again my mind wandered back to Gerard Way and the rose in my locker. I was half tempted to fly down into the cellar to see if he was there but I knew there would be Guardians at every entrance, including the cellar because that’s where the sighting took place. It was all so confusing.

“Who are you?”

My heart stopped as I quickly turned around to find myself face to face with a young boy. He had soft brown hair and glasses. I knew he wasn’t an Angel due to his jet black wings and blood red eyes. My own eyes widened when I realized this may have been who was seen last night at the cellar.

“Valon. I could ask you the same question.” I didn’t want my mind to play tricks on me again. I had no idea if these was a dream or reality. I decided to treat it like a dream and see where it goes. In one swift movement, the boy had me by the throat and was digging his nails into my skin making me scream. My hands flew up to my neck, trying to pry his fingers out of my pale flesh. My eyes grew wide as he leaned in and whispered in my ear. “I’m your worst fucking nightmare.”

The innocent looking boy now looked like the devil himself. His blood red eyes gleamed making his fangs look so much more menacing. My mouth opened and the only thing I could think about was Gerard and how similar he looked to the man who was about to kill me. “G….Ger…Gerard.” Blood dripped from my mouth as I tried to call out to the demon. I have no idea why but I was. I was trying to cry to a demon to save me. Suddenly the grip on my throat was released, and being thrown into a tree below with this man flying after my falling form. My back hit the top of the tree, making me scream before the man came crashing down on my chest, forcing some of the limbs on the tree to crack but never break. His eyes held a glare and his hand was back around my throat but not digging in, just holding there as a threat. “What do you know of him?” His voice was calm, quiet and menacing.

I opened my mouth to speak but only my own blood would come out, denying any words to escape. Tears formed at my eyes as my hands clawed at his wrist, trying to get him to let go. His grip loosened and I gasped for breath, savoring the sweet oxygen. I tried to respond again, this time being able to form words. “he’s...cellar…under the school….hurt badly”

The man let go of my throat completely and stood over me as if contemplating what to do with me. Slowly I sat up, resting my bloody back against the trunk of the tree I was still in. “Who are you?”

The man glared at me before speaking “His brother.”

I gasped. That’s why they looked so similar. “Michael…..” When he glared at me I stuttered and finished my sentence. “I….when I found your brother, I looked him up. Wanted to know why he was in the cage and who he was.”

“So you know then?” His voice held a hint of sadness.

“That your Lucifer’s son? Yeah…..What are you going to do with me?”

He sighed, crossing his arms over his chest. Suddenly he seemed less evil. He had a slouch to his stance and seemed…..childish. His eyes moved up and down, looking me over. “Your not running……”

I shook my head. “I’m not scared. Its prolly a dream anyways.”

He chuckled. “So you have met Gerard.”

I tilted my head in confusion. “I don’t understand.”

“He liked to fuck with peoples minds. Make them doubt themselves. He partially wipes their memory so they don’t know what they are doing and if they are dreaming or not…”

“He makes them question reality.” I finished his sentence, staring at my bloody knees. So, I wasn’t dreaming. I really did sneak out and go visit Gerard last night but that doesn’t answer who was seen. “Was it you that someone saw near the cellar?”

Michael looked honestly confused. “Excuse me?”

“Someone was seen by the cellar last night. The whole campus is on lockdown cause they said it was a demon. Black wings and blood red eyes. I was at the cellar last night but…..it wasn’t me. I don’t fit that description. Was it you?”

Michael shook his head. “It wasn’t me, It wasn’t Gerard because if he was free……you wouldn’t be breathing right now.”

“Then who the fuck was it?” If I hadn’t been looking at the black wings and red eyes, I would have forgotten that Michael was a demon. He was so relaxed now with his arms crossed over his chest, his wings folded back and his hair pushed up around his glasses. “I don’t know. What are you doing out here anyways? Didn’t you say your…campus or whatever was on lockdown?”

I blushed. “Yeah, I don’t know….I just….kinda flipped on my roommate and ran out. Long story really. What about you? I assume you’re here to rescue your brother?” I was almost sad to hear the answer.

“I am. You should go back to your room.” His eyes grew cold again and his boyish featured were lost and replaced with something sinister. His large black wings spread wide and his knees bent, ready to take flight. He turned back right before jumping off the limb and said “Go home.”



____________________________________________________________________________________


Screams filled the room making my hands fly to my ears in an attempt to block out the sound. After I left Mikey left me on the tree, the screaming started. At first it was just one, but after several minutes, it became all I could hear. I heard shouts, cries of pain, pleas for mercy, wails of loss, everything. I knew it was a battle ground down there and I couldn’t bring myself to fight. I was scared to go down there and be killed by the very person who let me live just seconds before. I knew if I went down there now, Michael wouldn’t stop to let me live again. He would rip me apart with the same hands he is ripping everyone else apart with.

“FINE VALLON!”

My eyes widened as I heard Leiah scream and my heart stopped. If she didn’t escape now she would die. My body moved without a thought and I jumped from the tree, landing softly on the ground below before breaking into a sprint towards my friend.

“LEIAH!!” I screamed, praying she would hear me. “LEIAH!! WHERE ARE YOU?!?!?”

All round me were dismembered bodies. Sometimes there would be just a leg, other times there would be just an arm or a torso. Blood covered the ground, making my shoes slick with the substance. I felt warm liquid on my face and as I turned around, what I saw brought tears to my eyes. Leaih was standing behind me with wide eyes, her mouth agape, and a giant hole in her chest where her heart used to be. Behind her was a tall, black haired, black winged, red eyed man licking her blood from his fingers. He smirked and tilted his head to the side playfully. “Still unafraid?”

A scream erupted from my mouth as I reached out to catch my falling dead friend. The weight of her body pulled me to the ground as her head rolled back and her arms dangled at her sides on the ground. “Leaih! No….no..no. Please Leaih! Please don’t do this!” Tears fell from my eyes and I begged and pleaded with her but gained no response from her corpse. My misery was quickly replaced with rage as I released her from my grip and growled at the man standing above me. My nails grew long and I felt my canine teeth grow in my mouth. My whole body felt like it was on fire as pain shot through me, forcing another scream from my chest.

“Your guna fucking burn!!!!” My arms reached out as my legs propelled me forwards, grabbing Gerard by his throat and slamming him against a wall. From the corner of my eye, I saw Michael freeze as did whomever he was fighting. My nails gripped Gerard’s collar, digging into the flesh beneath it making him scream in pain. His hands flew up and scratched the let side of my face forcing my head to turn giving him a chance to escape my grip. He brought his foot up and kicked my chest, sending me barreling into a large tree. Before I had a chance to blink, Gerard was on top of me, lifting me up by my neck with his teeth bared. I clawed him, snarling and growling, my teeth snapping like an animal at anything. When I thought he was going to deliver the final blow, he merely pulled me forward so he could whisper in my ear. “My my, someone’s got some bite. I like a girl with bite. Sexy.” Then the world went black.
Sign up to rate and review this story