Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > What's a Red Panda?

Ditching School

by XxcyanideeyesxX 0 reviews

8 YEARS LATER. Embarrassing bus incident, almost-about-to die bullying, and ditching school...how nice.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2012-03-25 - Updated: 2012-03-25 - 1364 words

0Unrated
8 YEARS LATER
--
"Frank...c'mon! We have to go to school." Gerard said throwing pillows at the almost zombie-like Frank. "Okay, okay...I'm up I'm up!" he said, falling off the bed into the cluttered floor. "Get dressed!" Gerard yelled from the bathroom while he applied black eyeliner. "I am!" Frank yelled, tugging on his black jeans. "We have about 20 mins till the bus gets here!" Gerard said as he walked back into his room, noticing Frank didn't have his shirt on yet. "Uh...er okay." Frank said almost immediately pulling his shirt over his head. All Gerard could do was blush and stumble over to grab his bookbag. "What?" Frankp said noticing Gerard's red face. "Nothing...why do you ask?" he said pulling his black converse on. "Oh no reason.", even though he knew the reason.

Frank had always like Gerard, more then a friend. And well Gerard the same. But they didn't let eachother know that being it would probably kill their relationship as friends. Frank had loved Gee from the start, and he had always told him he did when they were little because when your little it doesn't matter. But when you get into middle school and high school it does. Every once and a while something great would happen and Frank would always say something like 'You're a great fucking friend! I love you!' but he tried to make it not seem like that, even though Gerard sometimes did.

He'd always believe Frank when they were little like when they used to play pretend in Gerard's backyard. And Frank truly did and still does love Gerard, but he hides it.

"Ta da!" Frank beamed when he ran down the stairs to see Gerard at the door. "The magical Frank Iero is completely and fully dressed." Gerard greeted him. 'Though if you weren't fully dressed that'd be great too' he thought, shaking his head to get the image out of his mind to keep from having any 'problems'. "Yes! I'm just that amazing!" Frank said jumping on Gerard's back. "Agh! Frank! What the hell?" Gerard said falling to the ground. "Sorry." Frank said Getting up while he rubbed the back of his neck.

"GEE, FRANKIE WAIT UP!" Mikey called after shutting the front door. 12 year old Mikey ran to the bus stop where Gerard and Frank were currently at now. "Hi!" he said while he smiled wide. "Hi Mikey." they both said. Then the loud squeal of the bus was growing nearer. "Well...just another day in hell." Frank mumbled.
"Tell me about it..." Gerard said shoving his hands into his pockets.
Mikey just ignored them and ran and got on the bus.

Gerard and Frank dragged their feet the whole way there with the thought of their daily routine.

1. Get things thrown at them

2. Get called 'emo fags' by many people

3. Avoid PE with all costs

4. Skip as many classes as possible

5. And leave, just to come back and start over again

As soon as they stepped on the bus, they braced themselves. "Fags!" one girl yelled, "emos..." another one, a wad of paper hit Frank right in the side of the head, and a notebook hit Gerard. They found a seat in the back of the bus after endless bullying. They ended up having to share the 'one-seater' though, Frank in Gerard's lap. That's how over crowded the bus was. Plus that only made things worse for them. "Here." Gerard said, handing Frank an earbud. "Music will cover up the nasty remarks." he said.

The rest of the way, they blasted The Misfits, being that they both had a strong obsession for the band. The things people said got worse. All the remarks were coming from Middle schoolers and High schoolers.
"God I hate life..." Frank mumbled. "Yeah..." Gerard said resting his head on the glass of the window.

//

Finally at school, they raced to their lockers. The sad thing is, their lockers are on each end of the hallway leaving them out in the open for bullies. Gerard pulled his hood over his head attempting to not be seen. It worked. Frank on the other hand didn't do anything, and slammed his locker shut.

"Oh looks its the kid who likes to sit in Way's lap!" some jock called walking towards Frank who sorta back up against his locker. 'Fuck fuck fuck.' he thought looking around for Gerard. The guy started speeding towards Frank with a smirk on his face. "Hey! Get the fuck away from him!" Gerard yelled in the jock's face, pushing his back. "Oh look! It's the fag's boyfriend." the self centered bastard replied.

That's when Gerard punched the laughing fucktard right in the face, knocking him backwards. "Fuck off!" Gerard said before he grabbed Frank's hand and ran. They ran into a janitors closet to escape the wrath of the overly self-obsessed jock.

"T-thanks..." Frank said. "Don't worry about...I just...didn't want him to do anything to you...plus I didn't even think I had the guts or the strength to do that." Gerard said looking down. "No really thanksgiving...a lot..." Frank said hugging Gerard like he used to hug him all the time.
Gerard just stood still for a bit and hugged him back. "You're very welcome?" he said shyly.

Frank then let go of him, blushing slightly. "Heh...so you just wanna hang here for the rest of the day or...just ditch school." he said looking around the dimly lit closet. "Ditch." Gerard said slightly opening the door.

//

They ended up getting out of school and off campus without getting caught. Ha stupid fucking teachers.
"Where the hell do we go?" Frank said looking around. "I don't know...maybe that old abandoned park down the street? Ya know the one with vines and shit covering like everything?" Gerard said. "Yeah." Frank said.

They walked up the street cautiously knowing they both had parents who worked during the day and always drove around town. You wouldn't really expect two 8th graders to ditch school. The park came into view so they made a run for it. As they grew nearer and nearer they felt worry take over.

Frank had noticed what he thought was his mums car at the last stop light they had passed, he didn't tell Gerard cause he knew Gee would jump to conclusions. He hoped that it wasn't her, but he was almost certain it was.

They got to the park and decided to find a tree to go sit in. Gerard helped Frank up and then got himself up. "Er...Gerard." Frank said looking worried. "Yeah Frank?", "I..uh...believe...I saw my mums car pass us on the way over here earlier." he said. "What? Nah you didn't. It couldn't have been her", that was until.

"Frank Iero! Gerard Way! Why aren't you two in school?!" Frank's mum yelled walking from the front of the park to them. "Uh...er...told ya..." Frank whispered. "Um. Hi Mrs. Iero...um...no reason..." Gerard peeped out as she grew closer. "Frank. Explain." she said, ignoring Gerard. "Um...we just...erm..." Frank said unsure of what to tell her. Then Gerard thought of a way to keep her from flipping out.

"Um. Mrs. Iero, ya see...Frank was on the verge of getting bullied and torn to pieces by this one guy...so the first thing we thought to do was run." Gerard said, lightly stretching the truth. "Is that so...well I can understand, people shouldn't be bullying others." she said as she calmed down and started to feel bad for them. Frank looked over at Gerard and gave him the 'We pulled it off!' look. Gerard simply grinned and gave his attention back to Mrs. Iero.

She had finally given in and told them that they wouldn't be in 'complete' trouble. Frank was grounded for about 5 days, and Gerard's mum got a phone call, and had been grounded for about 3-4 days.

Today was Friday so they had no chance of seeing eachother over the weekend which was two days, and wouldn't be able to hang out till maybe Wednesday. Bummer...
Sign up to rate and review this story