Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Headfirst for Halos

The Sweetness Will Not Be Concerned With Me

by SimplexMinded 3 reviews

I thought he was going to try something but he simply pulled me close to him and whispered “Goodnight.”

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Horror - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2012-03-25 - Updated: 2012-03-26 - 1682 words

0Unrated
“Lay still. This may sting.”

I buried my face in the pillow as Michael cleaned up the wounds on my back. His hands were surprisingly soft and gentel. I found I could talk to him and he wouldn’t attack me like his brother would. I took a sharp intake of breath when he poured the alcohol on on my back, tears formed at my eyes but I refused to scream. Once the pain had subsided, I released my breath and relaxed into the bed. My mind was swirling with questions and I decided to ask them since this might be the only time I got alone with Michael.

“Can I ask you something?” My voice was soft but stern. I was praying he wouldn’t go off or something.

Michael nodded, his hands pulling at a needle and sting. “Just stay still while you talk or I will reopen the gashes. Unintentionally of coarse.” His finers pressed to my bare back as he shoved a needle though the skin, stitching it up.

“Whats your brother’s deal?” I winced, knowing that came out wrong. “I mean….whats…why is he so….”

“Bipolar?” Michael asked, chuckling as he worked.

“Well….yeah.”

Michael smiled, his soft hands grazing my back. “Gerard is….unstable. He is rash and cruel. One miniute he is being nice and the next he is throwing you against the wall. That’s just how he is. He was born that way. You get used to it eventually.”

“Even if you’re on the receiving end of it?” My eyes found a spot on the wall, zoning out momentarily. I closed my eyes, remembering what he did to Leiah. How she died in my arms. “Why didn’t he kill me?” I asked more to myself, forgetting Michael was still in the room.

“I was hoping you could tell me. I’ve lived with my brother all my life, 317 years to be exact and never have I seen him keep someone alive after such a slaughter.”

“Do you fear your brother?”

“Every day Valon. Every day. Just be careful. I see the way you look at him. You like him and I don’t blame you. Just be aware of what he is and what he can do.”

I felt my face get hot as I tried to hide my blush. “I don’t like him.”

Michael laughed. Not a chucle like he had been doing but this time was a full on laugh. Head tossed back, mouth open and eyes shut with delight. “Oh honey, don’t even lie to yourself.”

This was one of those times that Michael didn’t look like demon at all. His large black wings were folded loosely behind his back, soft brown hair falling around his chocolate brown glasses framed eyes. I couldn’t help but stare and wonder how something so beautiful could be so deadly. I knew he could kill me with the flick of his wing however here I was, laying face down on his bed being cared for and stitched up by the very person who destroyed the only home I ever knew. The worst part of it was that I didn’t care. I missed Leiah, sure but I was happy that it burned. I was happy that they all died. I wasn’t a very good Angel.

“Michael….can I ask you something else?”

He stopped laughing and smiled at me, sitting on the edge of the bed, done with my stitches. “Sure.”

“I….why…” I swallowed and tried to find my words. “Why am I not upset you destroyed my home? Why am I more relived that angry?”

Michael paused for a moment, thinking before his face turned back to its stone, solemn nature. “Because your not what you think you are. If I know your oh so wonderful guardians, I can presume they never told you about where you came from correct?”

I nodded. “They never tell us who put parents are. Just that we are switched at birth and taken here.”

Michael nodded. “All in time Valon. You will understand what I mean when I tell you that you are very unique soon enough.” He stood up and made his way over to the door. “For now, get some sleep. And don’t worry about Gerard. He won’t be back till morning.”

With that, he turned off the light and closed the door, leaving me to curl up in his bed, pulling the dark blue sheets up to my bare chest and ponder what he had said. First thing to think about was what he meant by ‘very unique’. I knew 3 things about myself for sure. The first was that I had grey wings and black hair, not very standard for angels. The second was that I loved to rebel. The third was that I had a serious crush on Gerard Way. Ok, think Valon. This place is awesome and chill but you have got to get out of here. I found myself laying on Michael Way’s bed, thinking about the situation and arguing with myself about if I even wanted to leave. I heard a soft ‘thud’ on the roof, jumping slightly before catching sight of a black feather falling past the window. My heart was pounding as I slowly stood up and pulled on a jacket I had found in the closet. My hands opened the window and I stuck my head out, climbing up to the roof to find Gerard curled up, holding his knees to his chest. His long black hair was a mess around his pale face and his wings were folded back, reminding me of a broken angel statue I once saw in New York. He was at the edge of the roof with his head held low, looking out over the city, fires still burring in some areas. The sight looked so dark and twisted, like something out of a painting or a movie.

Slowly I made my way over to where he was sitting or crouching really, and sat down next to him, my legs dangling off the side. Upon closer inspection, I saw small clear tears falling from his eyes. “Gerard….”

He jumped, looking over at me with wide, startled eyes. His mouth was slightly agape from a small gasp that escaped his mouth. “I didn’t mean to startle you….I’m sorry.”

He sighed, looking back over the burning city. “Fine. What are you doing up here?”

I looked out over the city, neither one of us looking at each other. “I heard you up here. I guess I just….wanted to make sure you were ok.”

He laughed. “You wanted to make sure I’m ok? I’m hardly injured love.”

I shook my head. “That’s no what I meant.”

He raised his eyebrow and looked at me with amusement. His tears were gone and his face wiped of any misery that was previously there. “I mean….like…..if you were….just…ok.”

“You wanted to check my emotional status?” he grinned.

I was blushing now, feeling stupid. “I’ll just go. Sorry for bothering you.”

I went to stand up but felt a hand catch my arm. It didn’t pull me back or yank me, simply held me in my place. “Don’t…..”

I looked back to see Gerard looking up at me with soft hazel eyes. I had only ever seen them red before. I nodded and sat back down. I knew I should keep my guard up but looking at how sad Gerard was, made my heart ache for him.

“I’m an asshole to you. I hurt you.” He kept his head low as he spoke.

“I’m not that….”

“No, I hurt you. Mikey had to stitch you up from where I tore your back up. Don’t tell me you’re not hurt. I see you wince every time you stand or sit. I HURT you because I can’t control myself. I don’t want to be this way!”

I sat there, not sure what to do and debating whether to use his weakness against him or to hug him and tell him it was going to be ok. After a split second, I said fuck it. My arms wrapped around his hunched shoulders and I felt him tense under me. I brought his face to mine, pressing my lips softly against his. I felt him freeze before relaxing, his mouth moving with mine in a soft, rhythmic motion. His hands found the side of my face as mine found his neck. We sat there, making out in a soft embrace before having to pull way for air. I was panting and he had this dazed look in his eyes. I didn’t know what had caused me to do that or what I was going to do now but I didn’t have to think to long because he smiled and stood up, picking me up with him. “Come on, its late.”

I nodded, keeping my eyes glued to the ground as he took my hand and led me inside. We went though the window, landing softly on the ground before walking out of Mikey’s room and into his own. He laid me softly down on the bed and for a moment, I thought he was going to try something but he simply pulled me close to him and whispered “Goodnight.”



Oh yeah! 2 chapters in one day!!! its a record! haha yeah....it prolly won't happen a gain sadly. anyways, i thought i would give you guys some fluff since the last one was fairly serious. I havent decided if i want Gerard to be a bad guy or a good guy yet. I'm kind aplayig around with his character. I for realz though LOVE Mikey's character. I'm kinda digging him(even if he helped gerard rape that girl in the last chapter) but anyways, enough talking. I'm going to bed yall! Night and i'll try to update soon!
Sign up to rate and review this story