Categories > Original > Drama > The perfect liar

Oh dear god, not him.

by EilzC98 0 reviews

There is an attack in the base, but who is leading it?

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2012-03-31 - Updated: 2012-03-31 - 830 words

0Unrated
Today started the same as any other. I did training with Liam and Charlie. Did more training with Zack and Natalie, just the usual, but this time Emma came sprinting through half way between the session.
“There’s been an attack. They’re here to meet the new trainees. They need to go. Now.” She sprinted back through and Mark followed. Liam wished me luck and gave me a kiss on the cheek. My legs went all jelly and I got butterflies in my stomach. Liam went to the door, looked back at me and left to fight. I saw Zack and Natalie talking in the corner, and then the weirdest thing happened. They kissed. I never even noticed their relationship growing. That made me decide, there was no way we were running from this fight. I stormed towards Charlie and told him straight.
“I’m staying and I’m going to fight. Why on earth would I leave? Why would I need to leave? I can defend myself. There is no way in hell I’m leaving.” I shouted the last bit so Zack could hear as well. Natalie heard and so she said,
“I agree. Why do we have to leave? We are ready to fight. I’ve been ready to fight before I came here and Nicky is just as good as me now so why do we need to leave? Give me one good reason why we should leave.” Natalie has always been a great talker. I was so proud of her.
“I don’t like the sound of this. I’m sorry but we can’t. He will kill you.” Zack said. He was aiming it more at Natalie than me, probably because he cares about her. What happened next really surprised me. Charlie spoke.
“He won’t hurt them and even if he was to, it’s too late. He’ll be just outside the room by now. Just leave them be.”Charlie was so right because literally two seconds later, a big group of guys came into the room. In the centre of the group, it was none other than James, the guy from the party. Shit.
“Well well well, look what we have here. If it isn’t Nicky and Natalie. It’s lovely to see you again.” I felt like punching the guy in the face, but I had a feeling that would be a big mistake. I felt Charlie behind me. Like he was there to protect me. It felt natural. James was starting to get annoyed, you could see it in his eyes.
“Go get the girls and bring them to me.” Two men began to come towards us. I began to panic. Charlie whispered in my ear,
“Fight them off, you know you can fight them, believe in yourself. I believe in you.” That was all I needed to hear. I let him come close enough to not expect anything to happen, then Bam. I punched in the nose, kneed him in the gut and pushed him to the ground. I noticed Natalie had fought her guy off, but he was now unconscious. That’s my girl. I looked up at James. He did not like the fact we beat his gang up. But I didn’t care, he can be as angry as he likes, I was twice as angry as him. How dare he try and get me to go anywhere near him. He began to move towards me. I looked at Charlie and I had a feeling that beating him up was a bad idea. But if he tried o touch me up, let’s just say I’ll take my chances.
“Well then Nicky. Looks like you’ve improved on fighting. I have a feeling we will be seeing a lot more of each other. Have fun Charlie.” With that, James and his gang left.
Later on that day. Charlie came and sat next to me. This felt normal. Like it was meant to happen.
“ You okay?” Charlie asked. It was sweet that he actually cared.
“I’m fine thanks to you. I wouldn’t have been able to fight that guy without your support.” I just looked into his eyes. The tears came. I tried to stop them but I couldn’t.
“I’m really sorry. I mean it. It was the biggest mistake of my life.” I had to say sorry. I just had to.
“I’m sorry too. I should have told you about me and this and everything with James and yeah, just sorry.” Charlie looked relived to get that off his chest.
“I forgive you. Do you forgive me?”
“Of course I do.” I looked into his eyes for a little while longer. Then Charlie leaned in. His warm lips touched mine. Life was back to normal. Well, almost.



Wow that must have been unexpecting. R&R if you liked it and review if you have any pointers! Thanks!
Sign up to rate and review this story