Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Only Hope for Me is You

Chapter 17

by Black-Hair-Dye 3 reviews

"In that room, Gee, is the only family you really have..."

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2012-04-13 - Updated: 2012-07-31 - 670 words

2Moving
Note: Sorry it took me so long to update, guy's. Real life hasn't been going fantastically well for me lately. But anyway, here's the new chapter. So please continue to read, rate and review. Thanks. xo

Gerard:

It was too much. I couldn't take it. As soon as I saw the Frank zonk out, I had to run. I ran out the room. I stopped myself when I got out side, and leaned against the wall. I took deep breaths and tried to relax. Why now? Why was I so frightened now?

Seeing him just… go like that… It was like he’d died! I knew what was going on with Frank. I felt like I was pushed into reality. This wasn't simple. This was real, serious and was going to be difficult. I sat down with my head in my hands.

After a minute, Frank's dad stepped outside.

"look, Kid. I know that this is tough…", he said.

I didn't reply, and carried on staring at the floor.

"Do you love my son?", he asked. I didn't answer "Gerard...", he said. I still didn't answer

"Yes... I love him" I told him honestly.

"Then you'll be strong, and do this for him. He needs you, Gee. With the situation he‘s in. We are your family now. You took yourself out of your old one. In that room, Gee, is the only family you really have..."

Mr. Iero spoke truth. I saw a surgeon walk past us and go into the room. The room with Frank in it. I watched as the door shut behind. I stood up properly and looked at Franks dad.

"Okay... " I told him.

"We should go home. We’ll come back tonight, when the op’s over."

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

I sat on the plastic, blue, hospital seat, waiting for Frankie to awake. It was Half 10 at night.

I was terrified.

I bit my lip with worry. It was okay. Everything will be okay. I kept on telling myself this but the nervousness still crept up in me.

"He'll be fine", said Mr Iero.

"I know", I replied.

We had nothing to say. We knew there was no use saying 'He'll be fine' over and over again because we both knew we didn't completely believe it, no matter how much we wanted to.

Then, a nurse stepped out of the door.

"You can come in now", she said, "He’s awake."

I leapt up. Relief flooded over me. It was going to be alright, Frankie was going to be okay.

I strode through the door. Then, I wasn't quite sure what I was looking at, but it didn't good. I saw Frank, his head back, hands over his eyes, obviously crying. He looked so pale and sickly. I ran over.

"Frankie! What’s wrong!?", I cried. He didn't move when I put my arms around him.

"G-G-Gerard… Something's wrong!", he sobbed quietly in to my ear.

"What is it what’s happened!?", I yelled at the nurse.

"What is going on?", asked Franks dad, just coming in.

"Calm down, Mr Way. It‘s just a side affect from the anaesthesia", replied the nurse, "People sometimes feel confused, scared or sad when they wake up."

I let go of Frankie.

"Frank…", said the nurse gently "Are you in any sort of pain?"

He nodded. "M-My ch-", then he gasped grabbing at his chest.

Suddenly, something started beeping. The doctor rushed in and started shouting for other people. More doctors came in bringing equipment with them. Then they asked my dad and Gerard to leave. I was terrified. I didn't understand what the hell was going on!

Franks dad pulled me back into the room with the blue, hospital seats. I didn’t sit down this time. I started pacing.

What had happened!?

Something untellable?
Something uncertain?
Something bad and wrong…

Had it been me? Hugging him? Oh my god! Was it my fault!!?

I couldn't handle it. Was losing another family? When this one had hardly even started…
Sign up to rate and review this story