Categories > Celebrities > Dir en grey > Curse of Darkness

The Dream

by GROTESQUE 0 reviews

Shinya has a dream of the Nexus and talks with the Nexus Keeper.

Category: Dir en grey - Rating: R - Genres: Fantasy - Characters: Shinya, Other - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-07-02 - Updated: 2006-07-03 - 514 words

0Unrated
The sky was dark, and the earth dead looking, but he continued walking through this dead forest. He looked all around him but couldn't see anything but endless dead forest. Thunder could be heard from the distance as lightening flashed every now and then. Shinya continued walking until in a clearing he saw a figure on what appeared to be a smoking tree stomp. His steps slowed but he still walked towards it. The closer he got the more distinguishable the figures features became.

It appeared to be a little girl, about eight or nine in age, with long black hair draped over her face sitting in a ball on the stomp. She remained motionless as Shinya surveyed her.

"Hello..." he waved his hands over where her face should be behind the hair... "Can you understand me?" asked Shinya.

The tree stomp appeared to glow and smoke more at this trigger of words. The little girl moved her hands from around her legs and began to stand on the stomp. Shinya watched as she stood up and waited on a reply to his previous question. She was now standing on the stomp and all of her clothing was now clearly viewable. The scene looked grotesque with the back drop of the dead forest and the stormy weather; her clothes looked dingy and worn.

"You're not supposed to be here" she said in such a sweet voice.
"What is this place?" asked Shinya.
"This is the nexus, the gateway to all heavens and hells" replied the girl.
"Why would the nexus look like this?" Shinya asked.
"The nexus isn't a place that should look like anything, it only appears to be what you think it to be" answered the girl.

Shinya continued to gaze at the little girls figure, hearing the voice from a faceless head.

"Why am I here?" he asked.
"You're not supposed to be here" said the girl.
"Why not?" he asked.
"No living man is supposed to be at the nexus, this place is only for the dead, so leave" said the girl in an aggravated way clearly tired of questions.
"I don't know how I got here, so how am I supposed to leave?" Shinya asked.
"You must leave now or face the consequences of being here!" said the girl angrily.
"I don't know how!" he said loudly.

The girl suddenly grabbed his arm and pulled him close enough to whisper and whispered in his ear "you will leave now, return to your world where you belong!" His arm began to burn and the pain was so unbearable that he finally fainted. He awoke abruptly rubbing his arm harshly as if the girls hand was still there. Once he realized where he was he stopped and reached over with the light to look at his arm, there was nothing there. Other than being bewildered by this dream he was still quite tired and laid back down trying not to think of the dream he just had. This time a cold dead sleep rushed over his body and he was out.
Sign up to rate and review this story