Categories > Games > Spyro the Dragon > Life Love and Adventure

Something's Not Right

by Bladequeen2000 0 reviews

This is an old fanfic I wrote years ago where Spyro helps a group of powerful elemental creatures stop an ancient evil from taking over the world. Takes place after YOTD.

Category: Spyro the Dragon - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy - Characters: Spyro - Warnings: [V] [R] - Published: 2012-04-22 - Updated: 2012-04-22 - 700 words

0Unrated
Chapter 3

Sydney followed Spyro through a portal leading to the Professor's lab. When she landed on the other side she saw a scene of devastation and destruction. The roof to the lab had a huge hole in it, small bits of equipment were scattered over the beach, many of the beach trees were burned to a crisp, and smoke was pouring out of the hole in the roof of the lab. Many E-hunters surrounded the outside of the lab, guarding it. Spyro sped up after the guards to kick butt as Sydney hesitated a moment, then ran after him to join.

As she started to catch up to him she slowed down a bit to watch how he fought. With a great amount of force he butted one of the E-hunters and torched another. He's got a blunt style of fighting, she thought. She clicked the end of her tail out of habit when she felt her sense of adventure or thrill coming on. She tore off after him once more as he entered the lab.

When she entered the lab she once more saw much devastation: many of the consuls were blown up, a lot of the machinery was disfigured, and there was broken glass all over the floor. Spyro was fighting a group of E-hunters while a few others were advancing on her. She smirked as she ran in-between the legs of the closest one, narrowly missing the sparking shock stick. One of them was holding up a device that was rapidly beeping. He started shouting in the other language to the other E-hunters who were now directing their full attention towards Sydney.

Spyro looked about him to find the source of all the commotion and saw Sydney driving her tail through the back of an E-hunter's shin. The E-hunter screamed in pain and fell to his knees as Sydney went for an opening in a busted consul. The other E-hunters were either trying to follow her or cut her off at the pass.

"What's she doing here?" Spyro asked to his dragonfly friend.

"I don't know, but it looks like she followed us." He buzzed.

"She could get hurt!"

"We gotta help her!"

They hurried over to the broken consul where Sydney appeared boxed in by the E-hunters. Spyro headbutted one of them and sent him hurdling into the metal wall, knocking him out. Three others advanced on him as the one on the far end, who was supposively blocking Sydney's path, got a face full of fire. She leapt out of the hole he was blocking and came over to where Spyro was fighting the other three E-hunters. As one of them was about to bring a shock stick down on Spyro, Sydney tackled him.

He dropped the shock stick and another picked it up. Sydney torched the other one and dodged a strike from the shock stick. The shock stick hit the E-hunter Sydney just tackled instead, electrocuting him. Sydney grabbed the shock stick, dived through his legs, and jumped up making the stick hit him in his crotch. The E-hunter gave a shout of pain and toppled over.

They left the lab still trashed, but victorious. Sydney caught a head start towards the portal as Spyro caught up with her.

"What were you doing here?" He asked her.

"What's it look like? I was getting some game time."

"It's a good way to get hurt."

"Thanks for your concern, but I can take care of myself."

"What did they want with you anyway? When you showed up it looked like they found what they were looking for."

"That's none of your business..."

"It is when someone new seems to attract enemies."

Sydney stopped and stared at him almost coldly, but also had a look of worry behind her eyes.

"Look...You shouldn't get into this...You have no idea what you'd be getting into..." She warned.

"But you do..."

She looked away from him and he asked, "Who were they?"

She shook her head, "I can't tell you...I'm sorry..." She ran off through the portal.

"Wait!" He called after her. He then ran through the portal to try to catch up with her.
Sign up to rate and review this story