Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The road to recovery. (Or so we think...)

The road to recovery. (Or so we think...)

by KobraBlaze 2 reviews

This is the sequel to 'The Mysterious Boy'. And I know, the title sucks. But what do you expect? ;)

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2012-04-22 - Updated: 2012-04-22 - 1112 words - Complete

2Ambiance
So here we go! I hope you enjoy it. I'm not so sure how it's gonna be.

Chapter 1
Gerard's POV

It's been almost a whole fucking year and Mikey is still staying strong. He and Frank are together, happy as ever! And I'm so proud of him. The bullies have backed off bit, although they still spit names at him. But he's realised that he's nothing that they call him. He's has come out of his shell a bit more and he's happier than he has ever been. But the only reason why the bullies have backed off a bit is because Frank and I have been there to stick up for him and keep the jocks away but last year was our final year and now Mikey is on his own in the school. I am staying in Belleville and going to the community college with Frank. I've even bought an apartment for us. But it's still not enough for Mikey's sake.
He knows it too. I think he's nervous. Well of course he's nervous. But he hasn't said a word about school or anything. It's currently the end of holidays and school is starting back in a couple of days. I'm just afraid the jocks will reduce him to what he used to be.

Frank knows about it too. He really cares for Mikey and doesn't want to see him hurt. He's worried about him going in on his own. He can't protect himself and the jocks know Frank and I are gone this year so they will be twice as worse knowing they an do what they want.

I've said it to Mikey. Like "Looking forward to going back to school?" because I mean it wasn't exactly that he didn't like the lessons. He is quite a bright kid. And enjoyed learning knew stuff. It was the bullying that he hated so much. He would just reply with a small shrug, conveying all his thoughts. 'No! And I don't want to talk about it.' So I just left it to him.
He knew he could talk to either of us now and he wouldn't be afraid to say anything. He talked about things I didn't know about before. Horrifying stuff like other things our p-parents did to him. He told me dad smashed a bottle over his head.
I actually remember that night. I had come in from Ray Toro's house and I could hear dad in the kitchen, taking a swig of something awfully strong. I could even smell it from in the hall. I didn't even bother showing presence to him so I went straight upto Mikey's room but it was locked. I knocked a couple of times but received no answer. I left it a while before trying again. When I did come back about a half an hour later, the door was still locked and I couldn't hear anyone in there. I knew something was wrong. I kicked in the door, dismayed to find my baby 10 year old brother unconciouss on the floor bleed from his head and a big bruise around the area. He woke up a small while later in my arms. And I asked what happened but he just buried his bandaged head in my chest. I never did find out until now.

He told me that the red marks on the sitting room carpet was his own blood from when mom pushed him against the wooden cabinet. How did I let all these things just pass by me with out me asking about them? No. It's why did I. I knew how. I just forgot about them and knew if I asked Mikey, he would wouldn't reply. But why did I let that happen? I was so stupid to leave him suffer.
But how he carried on and turned out to be this almost normal teenage boy is beyond me. He was so quiet and shy but he will actually start a proper conversation with us now. He hated himself so much but now he's forgotten the blades used for self harm. He will even join in with us when we are watching movies or playing some game.
But his bi-polar disorder still changes his mood within seconds and it makes things so much more difficult for all of us. He knows when it's affecting him but he just can't stop himself. Sometimes we would be laughing at something, then next thing he would either snap and tell me to 'shut up' and then go to his room alone.Or just not react. He would just stop laughing and completely shut off from us.
It's hard to see this happening and it's gonna be hard for him in school to cope with it.
That's why right we are making the most of the holidays by settling down on the sofa in my apartment to watch the first movie we watched together. Well first Frank and I watched. Nightmare on Elm Street. Snuggled up on the couch with popcorn. Mikey cuddled into Franks chest. We watch more and more movies until its 2 in the morning.
"I think we should go to sleep" Frank suggests while yawning.
"Yeah. I guess." I look over and see that Mikey is fast asleep on Frank whose holding on so tight to him. They really are so cute and perfect for each other. I don't know. Where I would be without either of them.
"Hey, Mikes. Wanna go to bed?" Frank whispers to him and his eyes flutter open adjusting to the dark room and the strong lights of the movie.
He squints his eyes and nods. We stand up and head into our rooms.
I fall into bed smiling as I hear the two of them get their usual midnight-feast of cheese on toast and go to bed joking about something.
That's another thing. He eats properly now. Like before he would just have small snacks throughout the day but now he eats actual meals with me. Yet he still somehow stays skinny as fuck but not like before when almost the dents and dinges in his bones were easy to see through his pale, paper-thin skin.

I fall asleep after Franks giggling dies down an quickly when I knock on the wall loudly. No wonder the people next decided to move!


*


I hope this wasn't too boring. I always suck at first chapters. Hope fully the next chapter will be more exciting. Please tell me what you think and rate. Also, I'm really bad at making up nicknames so if anyone could suggest one for Mikey, that would be great! Thank you for reading!
Sign up to rate and review this story