Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Am I More Than You Bargained For Yet?

Awkward Moments Involving Coffee, Orgasm-Inducing Bass, and Death

by annabel-lee 2 reviews

I have finally updated. I'm very sorry it took so long. Happy Mother's Day!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2012-05-13 - Updated: 2012-05-13 - 1264 words

0Unrated
Hi! I'M ALIVE!! Sorry this took so long. My mom has had all computers under lock and key. She even took my iPod, my CD's, my CD player, and random parts of the computers. I'm also no longer allowed to go on walks.   -_- It's terrible. But :) I found where my iPod was hidden and have worked since 5 AM (wow I've been working for three hours already...) on this chapter. I would like to give HUGE thank you to mychemicalbitchbot, purplebunny, xXLaylaxX, and brandedforeverlame for following this story and commenting; another huge thank you to my friend Andreas for asking every single day if I updated yet and if I planned on updating that night. Because of you, I worked to make sure I got this up no matter what. Finally, I'd like to thank everyone who still follows this even though there have been such large gaps between updates and everyone who inspires me to keep writing, making music, and juggling (yes, I'm one of those nerdy visual artist, contact jugglers). I hope you enjoy the chapter! 
Lots of Love,
Annabel Lee

Frank's Point of View
Back to the regular, chronological time; meaning Gerard is at Frank's house

The memories of the neat script of the note she left flooded my mind. The sun-shiny days we spent together before, the sadness behind the happy front, and the question she asked totally consumed my mind. That question had haunted me night after night.

"Promise you'll never forget me?"

It echoed through my head again, so clear it could almost be mistaken for her standing right next to me. 

 "Promise you'll never forget me?"


"Sorry for your loss." Gerard said softly. My eyes stung with threatening tears. 

"Thanks."

"How'd she die?" he asked cautiously. 

"She..." I felt a lump rising in my throat as I tried to fight back raw emotions. "...she killed herself...never found her body..." After a moment or two of  silence, I heard him shift his weight uncomfortably. 

"You okay?" he asked gently. No. But I just shrugged. 

"I'll be...fine." After several minutes of silence, I remembered. "So...is the lighting in here good for drawing?"

"Yeah." He went over to his brief case and popped it open. It opened up and tons of shelves unfolded like in one of those really fancy make-up cases. Hundreds of pencils of every shade were organized by the color and then from light to dark. It was amazing. There was also a small knife and some other miscellaneous items. Wow. This guy is legit. "So, what would you like to draw?" he asked with a small smile.

"Um...I don't know..." he grinned slightly as he took out a pencil and then proceeded to sharpen it with the little knife. By hand. And it was perfectly conical. Cone-shaped? Whatever the word is. I mean...it was perfect. He took out a second one and did the same. He handed that second pencil to me, but I just stared at it.

"What? Did I dent it?" He asked worriedly.

"No. That...How?" His eyes widened for a second and then he laughed lightly. 

"It's just something I taught myself how to do." he said as he 
located an eraser from his art supplies. "It gives me more control over how the lines come out. Softer or harder basically. Plus it's easier on the pencils." He took out a sketchbook and flipped through it to get to a new page. I couldn't help but wonder what all was in there. 

"Where'd you get the sketchbook?" I asked when I noticed that the writing on its cover wasn't English. 

"France."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I had it shipped in."

"Your parents must be awesome." He looked up suddenly. 

"Why?"

"To pay for cool stuff like that."

"Actually I paid for this with my own money. My parents are dead."

      Shit. 

"Oh." Oh God. I'm so stupid. "I'm sorry."

"It's fine. I'm emancipated from my foster parents so I can live on my own. I'm also Mikey's legal guardian."

"Oh. Wait-Mikey's your brother?"

"Yeah," he said with a chuckle, "What else would he be?" 

I shrugged.


"So..." I said after a while of silence, "Let's draw coffee?"

"I like the way you think." he said with a grin. 


I went downstairs and made four cups of coffee. The coffee maker took what felt like forever. Drip by drip though, the beverage of the heavens was made. After they were done and poured into the four coffee mugs, I carefully carried all four upstairs (at once).

"Gerard?" his head snapped up. His eyes were so beautiful... "Can you please take your coffee? The cup is starting to sear my flesh. 

"Oh shit. Sorry!" he said as he ran over to help. 

"It's fine." I replied looking down at the spot in the crook of my arm that I had been using to carry the mug. There was a large, angry-looking, red burn mark. I set down my coffee and poked at the burn. "Ow..." I muttered, wincing slightly.

"God! I'm so sorry!"

"No, it's fine. It'll heal." I said distractedly as I stared at the scarlet. I looked up suddenly. "So, where are we gonna draw?"

"Umm..." He played with a strand of his ebony hair while he looked around the room for the perfect spot. "How's that?" he asked, placing one of the cups on the window sill. 

"Cool." 

He handed me a piece of his fancy paper from his notebook and I picked up the pencil. I sat next to him and lowered my pencil to the paper, then stopped. I looked at the mug, trying to figure out how to best get it on the paper, then began drawing starting with the curve of the bottom and an oval at the top. Twenty minutes later, I had it at the point where I felt comfortable showing it to him. He was already done. 

"Can I see?" he asked. I got lost for a moment in his eyes. It felt like I was falling, but in a good way. Then I snapped back to reality. Blushing lightly, I passed the drawing to him.

He pointed out everything he liked about the picture, what I did right, that sort of stuff. I caught a glimpse of his and it was just-Wow. It was as if he'd taken a black and white picture of the mug and the window behind it. It made mine look like a kindergartener's fingerpainting. FML...

"Why?" Gerard said, snapping me out of my thoughts. I blinked in surprise. 

"What?"

"You said 'FML'." he said looking a bit concerned. I facepalmed. 

"It was-I didn't know I was-Nevermind..."

"Oh..." he said looking down at the ground. "So...well, um, if you do that everyday, your drawings will get better."

"Okay, cool." We sat in awkward silence for a bit. That's when I noticed I was staring. At him. His hair looked so soft. I could feel all the muscles in my arms ache with the impulse to reach out and feel it. 

Is that anywhere in the realm of normal?!?

"So, ever heard of Skrillex?" I asked. 

"Skrillex?"

"Yeah..."

"No?"

"He's this really awesome musician...plays techno, dubstep-y stuff...from From First to Last..."

"Cool, I'll have to check him out." On an impulse I went to my computer and within half of a second, I had First of the Year (Equinox) playing. After several minutes of orgasm-inducing bass it finished. 

"That was..." I braced myself for the worst. "EPIC!" 

Gerard is officially my best friend.
Sign up to rate and review this story