Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Headfirst for Halos

its Safe To Say Nothing Lasts Forever

by SimplexMinded 1 review

I hated to hear him scream in pain, even more to see him in it. “Just…..don’t let him die.”

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2012-05-26 - Updated: 2012-05-27 - 3392 words

2Moving
Valon’s Prov

My eyes felt heavy as the sun from the window assaulted them. I groaned, turning my head before pain shot through my neck forcing a slight scream out of my dry mouth. The bed was cold next to me, telling me that Gerard had been gone for a while and I had a slight fear that he was done with me however my fears were quickly washed away when my fingers brushed against a crumpled up note.

Valon,
I never thought the term ‘an angel in my bed’ could be so real. You truly are beautiful while you sleep, curled in the black bed sheets that I wish so very much could be my arms. This is why it brings me great grief to tell you though this note that I had to leave. My father has discovered that…..god this sounds like a shakespear monologue. Mikey, came home covered in his own blood while you slept and I had no choice but to protect him. My father wants you dead that was the reason I didn’t kill you when I could have. He wanted to end it and when he found out that I had……fallen in love with you, he went after Mikey as a warning. however I you are so much more amazing than I could ever be. Your laugh, your smile, your heart, you have so much heart for a world that is so cruel and unkind and I refuse to be the one that forces it to stop beating. I am a danger to you Val. I don’t want you to get hurt because of me. I’m Gerard Way, I’m not meant to be happy and I know that but I won’t make you miserable too. I’m sorry Val, please understand that I truly am. I have taken Frank to his home, left him unconscious in his bed and he will think this was all a dream. Please Val, I do love you, hate me if you want but don’t get yourself hurt because of me.
/]
[/Love and Forever Goodbye

Gerard Way
[//]

Tears stung my eyes as I finished reading the note. How could I be so stupid to think that this could end any other way? My blood boiled as I crumpled the note in my hand and threw it across the room. My neck was burning with pain, reminding me what we had done like a bad tattoo. “how could you……how fucking could you?!?!?!”

I threw the sheets to the side, my fingers grabbing whatever clothes I could find making a silent swear to get revenge. What did I care that angels to believe in revenge? I wasn’t full angel anyways. I had fucked a demon, I was going to Hell so I might as well go down with a bang. I stumbled around the room, finding a torn The Used shirt and black skinny jeans. There were holes cut in the black for my wings to escape. My combat boots slid on over, lacing them up with a calm anger before grabbing a knife off the dresser and running out the house. I spread my wings, taking flight into the morning sky leaving the broken city and empty house to burn in my memory.


Gerard’s Prov

I sat at the table, staring up at my father, Lucifer. Mikey was slumped over, shoulder bleeding from the blow he gave him just hours before. My father’s long claws tapped the table as he tilted his head, is black eyes glaring at me. “This is your fault. I hope you are aware of that my son.” He grinned, baring his long fangs as a sickening threat. Without Valon’s power, there was no way I could ever take on my father and win. The servant walked in the room with his head down as he set the plate of food in front of us, her torn white shirt brushing against my shoulder. Her hair was long and greasy, unbrushed clearly from lack of care. I could tell she was fairly new because her eyes still held a slight glare in them. It wasn’t something most people would detect but one glace would tell a master that this girl was a fighter and I made a mental note to have a ‘talk’ with her later. Once the girl had left, my father picked up the large amount of meat and tore into it like an uncivilized dog while Mikey and I cut the meat, using a fork to place it in our mouths. Mikey had some issue with it due to him not having a very mobile arm and my heart ached for him. I wanted so bad to just clean him up and take him to bed but I knew father would have none of it. He was testing me, to see if I had gone soft and in truth, I had. I no longer had the urge to fuck and kill everything that crossed my path. That wasn’t to say I had lost my violent touch, I just was more….calm about it.
We finished eating and Mikey looked at me, waiting for me to stand and follow him out the door. I nodded, standing and mimicking Mikey as we made our way out of the dinning hall and into the main lobby. Our father had watched us leave with an amused look on his face, knowing that I was going to help my baby brother once we were out of the room. Mikey collapsed in my arms, moaning as his shoulder hit mine. “Oh…fuck Gee it hurts so bad.”

“I know Mikes. I know. Hold on.” He had lost so much blood from his wound I knew if I didn’t close it off soon he would die. I picked him up and carried him to his room, setting him down on the bed before removing his shirt to expose just how bad the wound really was. The gash was about the size of my fist and the blood seeping out was almost black telling me exactly how deep really was. Mikey cried out in pain as I started to wipe away the blood in attempt to see the wound better. “Mikey you have to sit still. Your just making it worse.”

“But Gee it HURTS so bad!” Mikey tossed his head to the side, arching his back in pain.

“I know Mikes, I know but you have got to sit still or it will just get worse. Please Mikes…..please…”

There was a knock at the door making be bring my head up barking at whoever was knocking. “What?”

The door opened and the servant girl walked in hesitantly. “Forgive me master but I was hoping I could be of some use to Master Michael. I used to be a nurse.”

I growled, nodding my head as she rushed over and dropped to her knees. “He’s lost a lot of blood, we need to close up the wound.”

“No shit bitch!” I yelled, annoyed that she would state the obvious.

“I’m afraid its going to need to be cauterized. That’s the only way to close up such a large wound.”

My heart skipped a beat as I looked at Mikey with painful eyes. I hated to hear him scream in pain, even more to see him in it. “Just…..don’t let him die.”

The girl nodded, getting to her feet to retrieve the needed tools. I looked over at Mikey with sad eyes. “Its guna be ok Mikey.”

Mikey grabbed my hand and looked up at me with pleading eyes. “Gee….don’t leave me.”

“Mikey, I’m not going anywhere.” The door opened and the girl rushed back in with a metal rod with a plate at the end of it and a blow torch. Mikey’s eyes grew wide when his mind registered what was going on, making him scream and plead for us not to.

“You have to calm in down Master Gerard. I can’t cauterize anything with him thrashing like this.” The girl spoke in a firm yet respectful voice.

I nodded, placing my hands on Mikey’s arm and chest holding him down as the girl quickly heated up the metal with the blowtorch and placed it on Mikey’s wound. His eyes grew wide as he screamed louder than he had before, tears streaming down his face breaking whatever heart I had left. The girl removed the hot metal, pulling Mikey’s melted skin with it. The wound was brown and a deep red with a layer of crusted black skin on the sides. Mikey’s eyes were bloodshot from the tears and he was whimpering, unable to scream anymore. My fingers brushed his hair from his face focused so much on my baby brother I had forgotten the servant girl was still in the room.

“Mikey….shhh its ok. Its over…its all over. I’m here Mikey, I’m here.” I knelt beside the bed, raven hair falling in my face as I tried to calm him down. “Just go to sleep ok?”

Mikey nodded weakly his eyes closing on their own. “Don’t…..leave me…”

I smiled sadly. “I won’t Mikes. I’m right here.”

I felt his grip tighten as he drifted to sleep, happy that unconsciousness would allow him to escape the pain.

Once Mikey was out, it registered that the girl was still in the room being as I had never dismissed her. I stood up and looked at her. She had a torn white shirt on, long black hair, large hazel eyes filled with hate masked with a layer of fear. She was scared of a fight but wouldn’t back down if one were to arise. She had no pants on and her legs were bruised and cut from being on her knees around the house.

“Whats your name?”

She looked up at me, confusion filling her hazel eyes. “Alicia.”

I raised an eyebrow. “No last name?”

“I..i’m sorry…uh. Simmons.” She looked down at her bare feet, nervous.

“Well Alicia Simmons, thank you.” I said softly as if my father was in the room.

Alicia looked up, shocked. “Excuse me?”

“I said thank you. Is that a problem?” It amused me how torn she was about being timid and being a fighter. It was like she wasn’t sure what she wanted to be and how she should react to anything I did but of coarse it made sense. She didn’t know me. She didn’t know how I reacted to things so it was hard to judge me and she was treading the water carefully.

She shook her head. “no, no I just….”

“Have never been thanked before?” I chuckled, already knowing the answer.

“Well….yeah.” her voice was soft and her eyes trailed over to the sleeping Mikey in the bed beside us. “I just hope he’s ok…..” she spoke to herself and by the sound of it, it was a thought that was meant to stay in her mind.

“Yeah, me too.”

“Oh! I didn’t mean to speak out of place……I’m sorry it was supposed to stay….” Her eyes were wide and frantic, afraid of a punishment that my father would gladly give. He used any type of slip up as an excuse to beat the shit out of you.

I interrupted her, placing my hand on her shoulder making her freeze. “Its alright Alicia, it was an expression of concern for my little brother, I’m hardly going to punish you for it.”

She looked up at me with hesitation. “Yes sir. Thank you sir.” She knew it was time to shut her mouth before she said anything else.

“You can leave if you like.” I said, giving her the option to stay but knew she would take it as me telling her to go and she did. She nodded, picking up the tools she used earlier, leaving the room without another word.


Frank’s Prov

I opened my eyes slowly to find I was back in my room. I was in my jeans and torn t-shirt making me blink in confusion. Everything was the same as it was before I left with Valon. The posters on the walls, the guitar in the corner, the CD rack filled with Black Flag and Misfits albums, everything was where I had left it. “Valon?”

I didn’t know why I was back in my room. Had they decided that I wasn’t allowed to be one of them? Had they chosen for me? Rage and sadness surged through me. “Valon?” I called out again in hopes that she was just in the bathroom or something but my heart sank when I once again got no response. I whimpered, pulling my knees to my chest. “V…don’t leave me. Please.” Tears fell from my eyes as I realized that they weren’t here and I was back in my home with no one to save me. Ray thought I was dead so I couldn’t call him but…..if everyone thought I was dead, everyone would include my dad. I could escape. I could get out and start over. I could leave everything behind and no one would know. I shot up out of my bed and grabbed my backpack, throwing things into it. Shirts, pants, socks, anything that would fit and that I would need. I grabbed the cash under my bed looking at it. $50. It wasn’t much, Hell it wasn’t anything really but it would get me a bus ticket and food. I would have to figure out my living situation when that problem arose. I threw my backpack over my shoulder, taking one last look at my room before slowly walking up the staires, praying that my dad wasn’t home yet or that if he was, he was passed out on the couch. I opened the door, taking a look around the room noticing that his jacket and keys were gone off he table. He wasn’t home.

“Fuck…” I breathed a sigh of relief as I opened the door all the way making my way to the kitchen. “Get food and get out. The longer I stay here, the better chance I have of him coming home and finding me.”

I grabbed what food I could carry in a small bag and stuffed it in the backpack. The door swung open making me jump and drop to the floor. I heard my dad stumble in and collapse on the couch and I begun to silently thank the wall between the living room and the kitchen. I crouched, slowly crawling to the back door, raising my arms to unlock it and wincing when it made a click sound as I turned the knob. I waited to see if I heard movement from the living room, continuing when I heard none. I opened the door, slipping out of it and into the mid day air. I made my way out into the street, my heart racing at how close that was before laughter surged through me. “I fucking did it! I’m out! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Yes!” I jumped up in the air, fist pumping like an idiot.

I sat at the bus stop waiting for the bus that was going to take me out of here when I saw Ray walking with his head down across the street. He was walking home from school and he looked like he had been crying. Of coarse he had, he thought I was dead. I lowered my eyes, not sure if I should go and say hi or just leave things as they were. “Oh Ray….”

I sighed, clutching the strap of my backpack as I crossed the street slowly, not sure what his reaction would be. I made my way behind him, stopping on the sidewalk. “Ray….”

My voice was soft but loud enough to where he heard it making him turn around. His eyes lit up, shock apparent on his face. “Frank?”

I nodded, smirking. “Don’t wear it out.”

Ray dropped his books and ran towards me, pulling me into a hug and lifting me off the ground spinning around. “I thought you were dead!”

I laughed, hugging him back. “Yeah….is a….long story.” He wouldn’t believe me even if I tried to tell him what had happened and why I was still alive.

“Shit man! Where the fuck were you? Faking your own death???? What the fuck man!” Ray had set me down and was now standing with his hands crossed over his chest.

“I didn’t fake my own death dude I just….needed to get away for a while.” I looked at the ground, not sure exactly what my story would be.

“By fucking jumping off a bridge??? Fucking John said he saw you jump off a bridge! He was going around telling the whole school how you committed suicide!”

“I didn’t fucking jump! If anything that asshole pushed me. If Gerard hadn’t been there….” My eyes grew wide as I realized what I said. Fuck me.

“Wait, John pushed you? And who is Gerard?” Ray looked even more confused now.

I sighed. “Promise you won’t say I’m crazy? You can think it….just don’t say it.”

Ray nodded. “Sure dude.”

“Ok…John and his fuckers were pushing me around and I jumped up on the edge of the bridge to try and get away, they pushed me and my grip slipped and I fell off the side into the water.”

Ray shook his head. “Jeasus fuck man….assholes.”

“Gerard…he um…jumped in after me and saved me.” I kept my eyes on the ground.

“But that fall would render you unconscious. How is it you got knocked out but not him?” I knew Ray wasn’t being heartless by not seeming more worried about me, he just wanted to know the whole story and being as I was clearly standing infront of him, its safe to say that I was fine.

“Cause he’s um….god your guna think I’m fucking insane and crazy.” I growled, rubbing the back of my neck.

“Frank, dude, just tell me. How crazy can it sound?” Ray laughed.

“Because Gerard is a demon. There I said it. He survived the fall because he was built for it and he flew out of the water. Told you it was fucking crazy…..”

Ray was silent. He clearly wasn’t expecting that at all. “Yeah, that is kinda……insane.”

I dropped my hands to the side. “Look, I’m not crazy. It’s the truth weather you choose to believe it or not.”

“Dude, I’m not condemning you for it. No need to get defensive I just….think is a little unorthodox is all. If you say it happened, I’m not saying it didn’t. All that matters is that your alive, who give a shit how.”

I smiled, thankful for Ray not pushing the subject. “Yeah I guess your right. Thanks man.”

Ray smiled too, pulling me into a hug. “Just don’t ever fucking do that again!”

“So, does everyone think I’m dead?”

“yeah, you’re a fucking zombie right now.”

The sound of the bus filled my ears making me turn towards it. I looked at it for a long moment before Ray caught my attention again. “Your leaving aren’t ya?”

I looked back at him with a sad smile. “I have to get out Ray. I can’t stay here.”

Ray sighed, nodding. “I know….just…..write ok?”

I turned back to him, giving him a hug. “You bet. I’ve got your number.”

Ray smiled before pushing me towards the bus. “Go on! Your guna miss your ticket out of here!”

I laughed, running to the bus as the driver was closing the doors. “Goodbye Ray!”

I heard Ray shout his goodbyes as well as I climbed onto the bus, handing the driver my money, ready to start a whole new life.
Sign up to rate and review this story