Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu-Gi-Oh! > What Once Was

Home, Together, Forever

by RayneCrestheart 0 reviews

Chapter 8

Category: Yu-Gi-Oh! - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2012-06-06 - Updated: 2012-06-07 - 2009 words

0Unrated
(-3rd Person-)

Though flying over the city with Slifer was fast and easy, figuring out how to get to the hikaris' house wasn't as easy. Yami forgot to ask before all the hikaris fell asleep. He knew he had to wake one of them up, but after the day they had he had a hard time wanting to do it. After Slifer circled the city once to give them more time, Yami decided to wake Yugi. He was sitting atop Slifer's head before; he now got to into a crouch and slowly walked down to the others who were situated on Slifer's mid back.

He went to Yugi and noticed he was shaking, "All the more reason to wake him I suppose" Yami thought to himself. He got down to Yugi's level and gently shook his shoulder.

(-Yami-)

After I shook Yugi's shoulder he moaned a bit, thinking g I hurt him I whispered in his ear, "Yugi? Are you alright?" he seemed to hear me but instead of waking he stopped shaking and fell deeper into sleep. I sighed. I gave in and turned to Marik, who was holding his hikari in his arms and against his chest. "Marik can you wake Malik? We need to know where they live." I asked him. Marik looked at me, then at Yugi, and then raised an eyebrow probably wondering why I didn't just wake Yugi. I rolled my eyes, "Yugi won't wake up. I tried to wake him but he just fell into a deeper sleep. I would try again but I don't think it will do anything." I told him. He snickered and turned to Malik to, what I figured was to wake him up. I turned back to Yugi and noticed that he was a little too close to the edge.

I went to move him when the sound of a slap and a low grunt sounded behind me. I looked back to Marik and found his hikari now turned to his side away from Marik, who now had a large and RED hand mark on his face. I chuckled and struggled to stop myself from laughing as hard as Bakura was who was laughing as hard as he could without dropping the little hikari in his lap. Marik looked stunned for a moment, and then looked to me, "You want to wake him up? Next time, do it yourself. See how far you get." He said grumpily.

I calmed myself and turned to Bakura who was still slightly chuckling and asked him, "Could you try to wake Ryou? We obviously aren't getting very far with the other two." He nodded his head but saw that Ryou was already waking up. He looked up at Bakura, I barely heard him say "Bakura? I thought it was a dream." Bakura smiled down at Ryou. It was the same smile he showed only when it was about Ryou, what that boy did to Bakura to make him smile like a love sick girl, I would really love to know. "No dream babe. I'm right here, as I will stay." He said.

I smiled at them. I noticed Ryou falling back asleep and knew I had to ask where they lived fast before he passed out as hard as the others. "Ryou," He looked at me, "can you give us instructions on how to get to your place? The other two are a bit less helpful" I pointed to the other hikaris. He looked over at Yugi who was curled up on Slifer a few feet from me, then to Malik who was back in Marik's arms, who was still sporting a red mark. "Ryou giggled.

"We live…well since we're living with Yugi for the moment, Yugi lives…" he paused and looked out past Slifer's edge, "in that big white building over there. The with the giant billboard on it, the second to top floor, 8th door on the left. Mine and Marik's rooms are right in the door, I'm sure you'll be able to figure out who's is whose. Yugi's room is down a hallway first door on the right." He yawned and curled back into Bakura.

I nodded to myself memorizing the information then mentally sending it to Slifer. I felt him nod slightly and change course as gently as possible, all too aware of the precious cargo. I turning back to Yugi and brought him closer to the middle of Slifer's back and not his edge. Slifer made his way to the building and let out a few puffs of steam to conceal him a bit as we landed. If anyone saw us they would think it was a new Kaiba Corp. invention anyway.

Once we were at the building, the other yamis and I climbed off with our respective others. I faced up at Slifer. Then back to Yugi. I decided then that the base Yugi and the others were at needed to be taken down. "Hey guys!" I called, Bakura and Marik turned from trying to pick the lock on the top floor's door. "I have to discuss things with Slifer, you guys go ahead." They looked at each other, then to me, and then nodded.

Marik came over by me, I raised an eyebrow at him, "Do you want me to take him?" he motioned to Yugi, "You're probably already exhausted from having Slifer summoned for so long. And I don't think you want to drop him when you get too tired." He said. I nodded and handed Yugi to Marik. I watched Marik carry my little one away, feeling anxiety already creeping up on me. I decided I wanted to finish this quickly. I saw Bakura was waiting for me, I knew he was a really cautious guy so splitting up so close in time from beating an opponent was obviously making him a bit wary.

"I'll be right there Bakura, five minutes tops" I reassured him. He looked reluctant but his hikari visibly shaking from the night air told him to move out. He nodded, clicked the door in place so it wouldn't close and left with Marik. I walked back up to Slifer. "Alright Sly, I want you to go back to where I summoned you, burn it to the ground." I told him getting straight to the point.

Slifer looked at me, "Master Atemu would you like me to kill the humans or not?" he asked me

I looked back to him, "Unfortunately in this era human life is held with more…higher regard than back from where I was before." I heard Slifer snort.

"Higher regard? How ridiculous, alright, I will do as you say. I need more energy to fire selectively though Atemu. Are you up to it?" he asked me.

"I have a bit left in me." I told him. I held my hand to the sky where he was still hovering just above cloud cover where he went to after we got off him. I forced just barely all of my energy to Slifer, leaving enough to get me back to the others. Slifer seemingly noticed my low energy and went off, probably wanting to finish before he used to much of my energy by staying in physical form took. I headed to the door, after relocking and closing it, I heading back the others.

(-Bakura-)

After getting to Yugi's apartment and picking the lock, we stepped in and looked around the apartment, it was fairly large for what I would think would just be one person's apartment. Ryou said earlier that we would be able to find the rooms ourselves so I began to look around. I noticed a long hallway just to the right of the door with a few doors that way, I figured that was the way to Yugi's room and nodded to Marik in the direction of the hallway.

He saw it and walked in that direction after setting Malik down for a moment by a chair. I kept moving forward and after passing a small kitchen and living area I saw 2 doors…when Ryou said we would be able to tell what rooms were what, I didn't think it would be this obvious. The choices were a blue door to the right with a "quiet please" sign hanging from the door handle, or a red door to the left with "caution" tape across it…hmmm which one.

I snickered to myself before opening the blue door, being met with a sweet aroma of vanilla and a perfectly clean room I just knew I was in the right door. I put Ryou down on the bed but noticed what he was wearing was not suitable to sleep in. I then went to a dresser on the left side wall of the room, looking inside the 1st drawer and saw many pairs of gym shorts that I knew Ryou loved wearing around the house and to bed.

Picking a navy colored one and going one more drawer below I found loose fitting shirts. Picking a simple white one I went to the bed where I left Ryou. "Please forgive me." I whispered in his ear. I sat him up and then sat behind him. With a pit of difficulty I lifted the shirt off him and replaced it with the one I had picked out. I laid him down and shimmied his pants off.

Much to both mine and his relief his Skull gave him boxers as well. I slipped the shorts to the top of his thighs, wrapping my arm around his lower waist I lifted him, with some difficulty, and pulled the shorts up all the way. I picked him up, again wondering to myself how he still hadn't woken yet, but pushed it aside. I laid him under the covers, then after some heated discussion in my head, laid down beside him and pulled the covers over us both and slowly drifting to sleep.

(-Marik-)

I laid the shri- I mean Yugi down on his bed, and much to most likely Yami's distaste, took his shirt and pants off and put an overly sized button up shirt on him. I placed him under the covers and walked to where I left Malik. I stared at the 2 doors, though I know Ryou said that we would be able to tell whose door was whose, honestly didn't think it would be this easy to figure out. Opening the red door I noticed the room to be a dark maroon color with stainless steel desk and a closet.

I saw the bit larger than medium bed on the far wall and walked over to it. I shifted Malik in my arms to get his shirt off. Then laid him down and took off his pants. Knowing he liked to sleep in his boxers I left him as is. I pulled the covers back and shifted Malik in them, then lied next to him. I stared at his face as I slowly pet his hair, soothing myself more than him, into a deep sleep.

(-Yami-)

I made it to the apartment door, extremely exhausted, and I pushed myself in and closed the door behind me. Remembering Ryou's directions, I headed down the hall right by the entrance. Getting to a room with a lump in the bed I found who I was looking for. I pulled myself over to the bed and sat down on it. I looked over to Yugi and brushed some of his bangs out of the way to look at his face. He sighed against my hand, I smiled wide.

Opening the covers I noticed he was dressed for bed, knowing Yugi would not have woken I made myself a metal note to smack Marik later. Hauling myself into the bed I pulled Yugi to my chest and pulled the covers back over us. He curled into me. I smiled down at him. 'This is how things should be' I thought to myself as I drifted to sleep.
Sign up to rate and review this story