Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu-Gi-Oh! > What Once Was

Nightmares!

by RayneCrestheart 0 reviews

Chapter 9

Category: Yu-Gi-Oh! - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2012-06-06 - Updated: 2012-06-07 - 2448 words

0Unrated
(-Yugi's Dream-)

I ran and ran. But the darkness just kept coming. I heard the screams of my friends calling for help that deafened my ears. I tried to run to them, but they just kept getting further, and the darkness closer. I sped up and for a second I thought I was getting closer, but I felt myself tri. Just as the happy moment came, it went faster. I tried to stand up but something gripped my ankle and pulled me down. "You didn't think you could get away did you?" a wispy voice said in my ear. I shook in fear and tried to crawl away but was held back once again.
/]
[/I was pulled into the air by my ankle and carried away. I soon saw a light and was led into it. It was a room of solid gold, at first I thought it was beautiful, until I saw my friends motionless bodies chained to the wall. They were covered in blood. Their eyes were blank as if there was nothing they could see. I screamed but nothing came out, I felt something hot grip my arms, I struggled to get away but paused, I thought I heard something, "-ugi!" I heard again, "Yugi!" something was calling my name. I felt the cold feeling of the darkness recede. There was a light that appeared in front of me. "Yugi wake up!"


My eyes snapped open and I took in a sharp intake of breath. I looked at the face in front of me, tanned, bronze skin, golden hair framing said skin, plump lips breathing in lightly, and those deep red eyes, looking right at me. "Yugi?" he had asked. My mind was blank. Not a thing came to mind. I was like a fish, opening and closing my mouth but nothing coming out. A few more seconds and I was mostly over the shock. I raised my hands from his shoulders to the sides of his face.

He looked at me, straight into my eyes. And I looked at his. He smiled and his hand rose to meet mine. I could feel my eyes begin to water, "Yami, Yami, Yami". I repeated over and over.

"Yes?" he asked me.

"I missed you"

"I know it. I did too" he said back.

I almost let the tears but held them in. I've done enough crying. This was a time to be happy. Yami blinked and stared at me. I looked back at him a saw the adoration and love in his eyes. His arms tightened around me. I smiled and nuzzled closer to his chest. I heard him chuckle and say, "Yugi look at me." I did and saw him looking at me in concern. You were thrashing in your sleep. Are you okay?" he asked in full motherly mode now.

I nodded, "It was just a nightmare…just a nightmare…it was just a nightmare right?" I looked up into his eyes as I began shaking, recalling my dream. He hugged me close, just rubbing my back soothingly. I wrapped my arms around him and gripped the mantel he was wearing and cried. He whispered sweet things in my ears. I knew from his reaction everything that happened was real.

I cried more but after a while I got a hold of myself and pulled back, though I we were still holding each other. "I'm okay now. I… I just needed to get that out." I said.

He nodded lightly, "I'm glad you're okay, I, when I came through the vortex and saw you on that slab, when I saw what he did to you. I felt to angry, but I felt too angry at myself for not being there for you. I'm so sorry Yugi, for not being there." He said, I looked into his eyes and saw they only held pure love, and regret.

"Yami, I don't blame you. You went back because…because you had to right?" I asked, wanting to know.

He sighed, "I think all of us, yamis and hikaris alike, need some down time to talk." He placed his forehead on mine and gave my an Eskimo kiss. We heard a knock at the door and Yami grumbled under his breath and got up to answer the knocking. He opened the door and began a conversation. I watched him talk with someone and heard soft yelling and an echoing smack. Yami came back grumbling softly. I giggled and he looked at me, his smirk now playing on his lips. The look in his eyes showed a bit of mischief. He looked at me and grinned pervertedly. I looked away blushing.

The next thing I knew I was laying on my back with Yami hanging over me. He raised his hands and wiggled his fingers in fake menace. I raised my head to look at him, "Yami? What are you doing?" I asked playfully. He looked at me and shrugged his shoulders. "I haven't a faintest idea what you're talking about." He leaned over me. "But I must say there is only one thing I missed more than you yourself…" he leaned to my ear, "It's…your laugh." Hearing this, my eyes widened and I tried to get away but he was too fast. His fingers went to my sides and began tickling them. I squirmed and tried to escape but I was giggling too hard.

"Hahah Y-Yami! St- Stop! Hahahhehe! Oh god! P-please stop!" I begged him, laughing so hard I could barely understand myself. He was laughed at me. After a few more moments of me begging for his mercy, he pulled away. I caught my breath as he watched me. About a minute later I was curled up in a ball still giggling a bit. I felt the bed move a bit and saw Yami move closer to me. "I love your laugh." He said, now sitting and on the other side of me brushing my hair behind my ear gently. I turned to face him and hugged his middle. He leaned down and kissed my forehead.

We sat there for a moment before my stomach growled loudly. I blushed darkly and hid my face in his chest. He laughed at me. "Maybe we should get something to eat?" he asked me. I nodded and sat up still flushed. He chuckled again "You're too cute, I missed this." He looked down as he told me. I froze. I looked up and stared at him. I bit my lip gently and began to speak. "Y-Yami? When are you going to tell me why you left?"

Yami froze this time. He looked at the floor like it was a fabulous painting. He sighed, "I'll tell you when we go get something to eat. The others are already up and awake." He said. I paused, "What time is it exactly? Malik always sleeps longer than me."

Yami looked at me and loosened up a bit, "Little one, its 5 in the afternoon" my jaw literally dropped to the floor.

"When did we get back?" I exclaimed. He looked like he pondered for a moment.

"If I had to guess… about three in the morning." Yami told me, "You've been asleep for roughly 15 hours"

"…" I stared at him in thought, 'I haven't slept like that since he left…' I looked at him and saw he was still a bit frazzled. I smiled at him, "Let's go eat. We can discuss this with everyone…later." He relaxed, obviously thankful for being able to postpone this for a while. We both got off my bed. I went to my dresser to get clothing, pausing for a moment I realized I was in my normal night shirt, pausing I turned and noticed Yami was still in his Egyptian Pharaoh attire. 'Wait, if he was the one who dressed me, he would have done so too. So that means…'

"Yami?" he looked to me, "Who exactly changed me for bed yesterday?" I asked him blushing. He frowned,

"Marik changed you. I was…busy last night and got back later than you did so he kinda…ya'no… I hit him earlier for it though don't worry." He smirked a bit. I chuckled at his obvious jealous behavior.

"You didn't have to. He did me a favor. Leather and sleep don't mix well 'ya'no'" I quoted from him and giggled.

He frowned, "I don't like other people touching you. Favor or not. Not unless it's me" the last part he muttered but I still heard it and blushed. I turned back to the dresser and reached in a drawer and pulled out loose Tripps shorts, the chains already removed, and a tight black t-shirt. Looking back at Yami I decided to get clothes for him as well. I pulled out some sweatpants with adjustable drawstrings and another t-shirt but only a red one this time. I turned again and tossed the clothes at Yami. He caught them easily.

"Your robes look weird" I said when he gave me a questioning look. He nodded and began to strip as did I. I finished pulling the Tripps up just as he finished getting the robes off. Which is also when I noticed his lack of…undergarments. I blushed hard and quickly turned and went back into another drawer. I pulled out an unopened package of boxers. They were too big for me. I accidently bought the wrong side but kept them anyway in hopes I'd grow. That obviously didn't happen…

I tossed a pair at him. He looked at them weird then looked at me smirking in all his naked glory. "Aibou~" he called in a falsely innocent voice, "I'm confused. What are these for?" waving them in the air.

I sputtered for a moment while pulling on my sweatshirt. "Yami!" I looked at him. "I know for damn sure you know exactly what they're for!" I yelled highly embarrassed. I turned around again blushing. He laughed behind me. I pouted and waited for him to finish changing. After the ruffling of clothes I turned and seeing as he was done I made my way to the door. He chuckled at my pouting but said nothing.

(-3rd Person-)

Yami and Yugi made their way down the hall to the living room with attached dining room where they saw Bakura, Marik, Ryou, and Malik sitting at the small table. They were talking about something when Ryou turned and saw Yugi first. "Yugi!" he called and ran over. He began checking Yugi over "You're not hurt? Exhausted? Ill? Nothing?" he asked.

Yugi chuckled "I'm fine mother." He laughed pushing Ryou away. Ryou pouted. By then everyone else made it over to Yami and Yugi. Just as Ryou was about to retort Yugi's stomach rumbled louder than before. Everyone laughed as Yugi blushed and walked over to the fridge. He pulled out a green apple and a Starbucks refrigerated coffee. Everyone had calmed down and was now at the table waiting for Yugi to eat his snack. Yami had gotten some tea from Ryou and was watching his little one. It was a comfortable silence that no one wanted to break.

Unfortunately Yami decided it was time to speak. "I think it's about time to tell the hikaris what has been happening since the day we left." everyone froze for a second, looking at Yami before hesitantly nodding. The other yamis looked at him and nodded as well. They moved to his side of the table while the hikaris sat on the other side. Yugi, Ryou, and Malik linked hands and looked at their respective others. Yami looked at Yugi while Yugi nodded at him again, this time to begin. Yami sighed. "I will explain this only once so I would like to get through this as soon as possible. All comments will take part at the end," he looked around and everyone nodded.

Yami nodded then and began with a deep breath. "Right before the final duel, I spoke with Bakura and Marik. Them being so close to the Ceremonial site purified their auras and allowed us to speak civilly. We spoke on what should happen and what we should do after the duel. In the end we decided to go back. We didn't want to, but we didn't want the future to be changed by that so we thought it best to return. Once we returned, it was not what we had thought. Years had gone by there just as it had here, all our friends had in some way or another died. My empire was being run by new advisors until a pharaoh could be chosen to take over.

They had no idea what they were doing so I was quickly reinstated as the pharaoh. I put my empire back together, put order to the advisors that had far too much power, and kept Bakura and Marik out of trouble and jail… after a few years things had settled down. A few days ago I was in the royal garden watching the stars. Low and behold Anubis star was missing. I immediately called a meeting. We figured he would go after you hikaris since you did have power since we were inside of you. We took dramatic action.

We gave my cousin's, Seth's, child right to my thrown. We called a meeting for a ceremony to be held to get us yamis to the future. The ceremony commenced, I gave my final words, and we came to this era. The rest you already know." Yami stopped but perked up at one last thing "but I did have Slifer burn down the building you all were held in. He didn't kill anyone don't worry."

The hikaris took all this information in. Ryou spoke first, "So you're here to stay, Egypt is safe, and Anubis is gone for good?" he asked. The yamis and Yugi nodded. Ryou smiled, "Then I don't give a flying fuck about anything else" Everyone stared wide-eyed at Ryou for swearing, which he rarely did. They got over the shock at just smiled.

Yugi spoke next "Then we are finally in peace yea?" just then the doorbell rang. Yugi raised an eyebrow at Ryou and Malik. They shook their heads saying that they didn't expect anyone. Yugi got up and went to answer the door. As soon as he opened it the door was thrown open and he was knocked over while a screeching voice called out. A voice he never wanted to hear again.

"Yami-kins! I saw you come back!"

Yugi could only watch in horror at the worst nightmare stood before him.
Sign up to rate and review this story