Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu-Gi-Oh! > What Once Was

Past Mistakes?

by RayneCrestheart 0 reviews

Chapter 11

Category: Yu-Gi-Oh! - Rating: G - Genres: Angst - Published: 2012-06-06 - Updated: 2012-06-07 - 2026 words

0Unrated
(--Malik--)

Everyone looked at Malik in attention. He took a deep breath, "First things first, just like how Yami Spoke, I'll speak first then, I'm guessing Ryou, then Yugi. After all of us have spoken we take questions. Alright?" Malik said, looking around and seeing everyone nod in agreement.

He nodded to himself and began. "After you guys left, we all went back to Domino City. I was required to go as too, well…actually I wasn't. I wanted to go back, to set all the wrongs I did right. All the people I hurt, I wanted to help. I took what I thought would be enough money to go there for a while and come back, but by 2 months into my trip, my money ran out. I had no money and no place to live, I had nothing really. And I was still ashamed of what I had done, so I refused to go for help.

I was also still depressed from Marik leaving. I wondered around, getting money from pitying passer-byers. I hated it. But I had to choice. I…I eventually found a job that got me enough money to get me through…" Malik paused. He looked down and took a deep breath. "I took a job in prostitution." All the yamis gasped. Marik looked like he would be sick. "I hated it so much, having people I didn't even know touching me in places only a lover should. But I had no choice.

Soon, I had a regular costumer. He was rough and barely paid anything. One day he beat me half to death. I managed to run and hide myself. I blacked out on the street." Malik stopped he took a deep breath and paused. We knew he needed a moment, he was shaking already. “Sorry, this just brings up bad memories.” He said, tearing up. Ryou coughed a bit and we looked to him.

"Malik you take a break, I know the rest from there so I’ll start.” He said as he looked to all of us, Malik visibly relaxed. After you all left, I went to England where my dad was waiting for me. He said I was banished from his home in England for my disobedience to him. When I came to Japan it was to study, follow orders, and come back later. Since I didn’t I was labeled his disobedient son and was kicked back here.

He paid for my apartment and schooling so it didn't cause a scene. I continued living like normal. Finished school, kept in touch with Yugi and the others, but like Malik. I was depressed about Bakura leaving. But I moved forward as best I could." Ryou took a deep breath before continuing. "One day, on my way back from shopping, it started raining. I didn't bring an umbrella so I took shelter under a park building. After sitting for a moment. I heard a loud splash and decided to look for the cause.

Little did I know that I'd find a half dead Malik unconscious just five feet from me. I said screw the groceries, pretty much drug Malik to a clinic, called Yugi, and sat my butt down to wait. Yugi arrived about an hour later. A little after that the doctor came out and told us Malik would be fine. We got the story from Malik the next morning. We called Ishizu and told her we found her brother. From there it went really quick.

We asked a favor from Kaiba and got Malik enrolled in our school. He moved in with me. After graduation I got me degree in graphic design and fashion. Malik got an Apprenticeship in body piercing." Ryou stopped there. Sensing he was finished, the yamis then turned to Yugi for his story.
Yugi frowned and took a deep breath, "Guess it’s my turn huh? Well, after about a week since you left, the shock from it all finally kicked in. I went into a depression and wouldn’t let myself come out. Once the gates closed and you were gone, Tea attacked me, she said I was a terrible person, kicked you out of this era. She said I was selfish. For a time, I believed her; I thought that if I had been stronger I could have done something. If I had been smarter I could have found out a different way.

I wasn't the greatest friend either. I refused to acknowledge anyone as my friend; I ignored everyone and only came out of my room to eat or something. I lived that way for months, I was like a puppet. The only thing that snapped me out of it…was Jii-chan. He had a heart attack while working in the shop. No one was in the store when it happened. I was still in my room. I heard a noise and ignored it.

After 5 minutes of the noise and found on the floor barely banging his hand on the glass to cause noise. I called the ambulance and they came to get him. They got him stable, but he was too weak, they knew he shouldn’t last long. In his last hour we spent the whole time talking about my future, his…funeral. Anything. In the end, he just closed his eyes, told me that he didn’t think I was selfish, and that the only thing he regretted was not helping me get over you leaving.

After that, I finally realized that he was torturing himself, thinking he could have done something to help but didn’t. I figured if Jii-chan felt that way, then who’s to say no one else felt the same. I pulled myself together and went to his funeral with my head held high, wanting to show him that I did what he asked of me.

After the funeral, I went to the reading of his will. He said since he couldn’t help me and be there for me to pay for college and my own life, he told me to sell the house. He gave me everything. So I did as I was told. I sold the shop, got my apartment, and kicked myself in the ass. I felt guilty for how I acted the months prior, so I shot my pride and went to Joey's. I apologized and asked if he could round everyone up so I could tell everyone.

He did, thankfully, and once everyone was there, I apologized. I apologized for being a jerk, for not considering others feelings and I promised that I would gain back the trust and relationships I lost. Everyone wholeheartedly accepted me again. I used Kaiba's private tutors to get myself caught back up in school since I stopped going and needed help. A little after that was the "Malik incident". After that I finished school with the two of them," Yugi pointed to Ryou and Malik. "And also got an apprenticeship. I worked as a tattoo artist trainee for a time before also getting my degree in body science and an art major.

Soon after was when we got our tattoos and started our business. We have been going strong in that store for about 4 months now. And that about sums it up. We can take questions now I guess." Yugi finished. The yamis looked to each other. They all somehow figured out one another were saying and nodded.
Marik started. "So exactly how long were you out on the streets before you took up that job" he asked looking to Malik. Malik gulped.

"I was on the streets for about 2 months, that job for 1 and a half. Why?" Malik asked nervously.

Marik just shrugged. "Just wondering how much cleansing I'm going to be doing to you." Malik blushed and chucked a pillow at Marik's head. He dodged it.

Bakura scoffed at the others. He turned to Ryou who flinched a bit under Bakura's gaze. "I have a question, but mine can wait. Yami probably has more important questions." Bakura said nodding his head over to Yugi and Yami.

Yami nodded back in thanks. "Yugi, has Gramps really passed?" Yugi’s eyes showed sadness as he nodded. "I see. I'm sorry I couldn't have been here for you."

Yugi shook his head. "You had your own problems. We are all at fault for not thinking selfishly, for not thinking about ourselves for a change. But, you're here now. And I intend to make this time count"

Yami smiled. "All right Bakura you can ask now."

Bakura smirked. "About damn time."

The hikaris all tilted their heads in confusion. Bakura turned to them, "What tattoo? When we changed you last night we were too tired too really pay attention." The hikaris looked to each other and nodded.

They all got up and began to shed their shirts while turned around. Their back now facing the yamis. Said yamis looked in awe at the tattoos their respective others had. As they were about to question what it meant, the hikaris all said together, "When black fades away the light must go with, because dark and light can't exist without one another." The hikaris put their shirts back on. The yamis were still in awe.

Yugi smirked and clapped his hands loudly to bring them to attention. "Now that that is done, any last questions?" the yamis looked to each other with solemn looked. Yami then spoke up.

"W-why are you all so calm after…after being raped?" the hikaris then all frowned, sad expressions marred their faces.

Yugi spoke up, "The past couple of days have been very fast…and very shocking. I…we are still a bit in shock. None of this has really set in yet.” The yamis wrapped their arms around their hikaris.

Said Lights hugged back. "We will help you forget." Bakura said in an unusually soft, tender voice. Everyone stayed in silence for a while before Marik broke it.

"Hey…I was wondering. Tea was your friend before we left. What happened?" everyone looked to him.

Marik answered him. "Like Yugi said before, after you guys left and the temple collapsed, Tea attacked Yugi. She said Yugi took Yami away from her and that she hated us all. She went to America and we haven't heard or seen her since, well until now."

"Oh." Was all Marik said?

Yami inputted as well, "As much as I don't want to, Yugi? What happened to that Rebecca girl?"

Yugi shuddered, "I managed to get her away from me for about 2 months. But she calls, visits, stalks. It's quite the hassle." Yugi sighed.

The silence was back. Ryou broke it by his laughter. Everyone looked at him weird and Bakura asked, "Ryou? Are you ok?"

Ryou nodded. "Yea. But, I'm just wondering what other differences you can see in us. It may have only been a year. But we did change." Bakura stood back from Ryou, as did the other Darks. They looked at their lovers for a while.

Yami raised an eyebrow, "If you're talking about that you all have grown and matured physically. Of course we noticed, we just didn't think it was time to bring it up. We didn’t think it was the right time for it." Bakura and Marik nodded.

Ryou blushed, "Oh."

The yamis then ushered their hikaris off their places on various pieces of furniture. “It's late now, how about we all go to bed and catch up more in the morning?” Yami said. The hikaris nodded and followed their respective others to the bedrooms. Once there, each yami said to their hikari, “I will help you overcome this incident. And once that’s done, I’ll SHOW you just how much I know you’ve changed” they smirked.

The hikaris smiled at the kind gesture at first, but after the second part sunk in they realized they were in for a very busy next few days. They all thought in unison, ‘Oh shit, if only Ryou/I hadn’t said anything I wouldn’t have to go through this! Damn you Ryou/me!’
Sign up to rate and review this story