Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > A little bump.. in the road

It's ok to freak out

by WickedDiamond 2 reviews

Mikey has a hard time dealing with the change. Maybe he just needs a friend.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2012-06-09 - Updated: 2012-06-09 - 1629 words - Complete

2Moving
A/N: Ok here's part 6 for you guys. Keeping a speedy update flow because... well why not ^^ This is the cutest IMO because.. you'll see =) It's cute. I love writing Mikey so so much and this story is like my baby. I hope someone likes it and please let me know what you think. Enjoy! xo


After emptying her stomach for the second time she stumbles back to bed and falls down with a heavy sigh. Mikey pulls her closer to him and she smiles a bit.

"Are you ok?" He asks carefully, stroking her hair away from her face and she nods slowly.

"For now. I have nothing left.. I don't understand why they call it morning sickness when I throw up all hours of the day." She whines a bit and she can hear that Mikey tries to hold back a laugh as he rubs her stomach and kisses her neck sweetly.

"I don't know, sweetie. It'll be ok." He keeps his arm around her waist, slowly stroking her stomach. He's been doing that a lot lately and she finds it so sweet.

Time flies when you're busy and between being there for her husband as the band is making their fifth album and working at the lab with all the cool bones and findings.. Alicia is huge before anyone can even blink. She can swear that she grows over night sometimes.

She sighs and slumps back on the couch, rubbing her stomach gently. It doesn't hurt or anything but it's very difficult to get used to so she touches her belly a lot. She leans back and keeps her hands on her belly and that's when she feels it.. The kick. Right on her hand. She groans in pain but sits up a bit and presses down on the spot lightly. Shit that hurts.. fantastic. The baby kicks again and she groans just as Mikey walks in. If she wasn't in pain she would have laughed. Mikey throws everything on the floor and flies to her side.

"Are you ok??" The panic is shining in his eyes and this time she does laugh.

"Yees I'm fine, honey. Really. It just kicked." She tells him and he visibly relaxes and looks at her with his usual warm and loving eyes. Fuck! She could just melt everytime he looks at her like that. She got lucky for sure.

"Really?.." He whispers and puts his hands on her belly gently.

"It might not..." She starts but it kicks again like on demand. Mikey's eyes shine with excitement as his eyes meet hers. A stray tear falls from his eyes so he quickly turns away and wipes it away.

"Oh Mikey. What's wrong?" She asks alarmed but Mikey just takes her hands and looks at her with teary eyes.

"Not a single thing." He says with a crooked smile and she laughs. Damn now here comes one of her emotional waves that crashes over her. She can feel tears springing to her eyes as she smiles up at him. He smiles back and pulls her close to him, one hand on her back and the other resting on her belly. Everything was so perfect.

But thoughts starts to spin around in Mikey's head. They're going to have a baby. He's going to be a father. He swallows down the panic rising in his chest as he holds his wife. That night Alicia goes to bed in the early afternoon to rest her back. Alicia is taking naps more often now and it leaves Mikey to think.. to let all the bad thoughts in and he feels the panic rising once again. He just needs some air.

Outside he's just walking.. walking aimlessly along the road for a while. The rain is pouring down hard but he can barely feel it.. It's so much that it just kind of numbs him and he doesn't feel anything. He's walking for a long time but soon he recognises where he is and he sighs. He wasn't walking aimlessly at all actually.

He walks over to the house that he's been to so many times, walking up the porch but before he can do anything Frank opens the door.. must have seen him coming.

"Mikey! What the hell are you doing?? You're soaked!" His friend drags him inside but Mikey just stares off into space for a while.

"We're gonna have a baby." He mumbles and Frank raises his eyebrow.

"Yeah no shit... How do you figure?" Frank just shakes his head and pulls him into the kitchen, pushing him down into a chair. Jamia comes in and looks surprised at the unexpected guess.

"Honey.. would you mind getting some towels for Mikey. I think he's lost it." Frank says with a crooked smile. Jamia bites back a laugh and just nods and walks into the bathroom to find some dry towels.

"Mikey!" Frank shakes his shoulders roughly but he's still looking completely numb and out of it. "Come on Mikey." Frank snaps his fingers infront of his eyes, trying to get a reaction.

"We're gonna be parents." He mumbles after a while and Frank laughs.

"Yeah that usually comes with having a baby... Mikey come on." He shakes him again. "Snap out of it!" He's tempted to slap his best friend but he doesn't. He just sighs and sits down next to him, patting his back.

"Mikey. It's gonna be ok.. You guys will be awesome parents!" He can see that Mikey is coming back to reality a bit now that he's inside. Jamia comes back with the towels, looking worried.

"Thank you, baby." They kiss softly and smile at each other.

"Is he ok?" Jamia asks quietly and Frank sighs. "I have no idea." He starts drying Mikey's hair and wrapping a towel around his shoulders but he doesn't shake him again. Probably best to let his mind do what it needs before they talk.

"I can't do this." Mikey says after a while and Jamia sits down on the other side, taking his hand softly.

"Of course you can. You're gonna be amazing." Jamia says cheerily but Mikey just sighs.

"Shit.. I'm sorry for barging in like this. What the hell is wrong with me??" Ok he's back. Frank smiles lightly and shoves him.

"Nothing is wrong with you. Nothing at all. You're just freaking out!" Frank says with a laugh as Mikey shoves him back.

"It's completely normal. You should have seen Frankie half way through the pregnancy. Freaked out!" Jamia says and Frank looks a bit ashamed as he takes his wife's hand behind Mikey's back. She just smiles at him and squeezes his hand.

"All I'm saying is that it's completely normal. All guys freak out because it's such a huge thing to happen.. us girls we have the baby inside of us.. we kinda get used to it. Guys tend to freak out." Jamia says matter of factly and Mikey smiles small.

"I just.. I don't know if I can do this. I'm gonna mess this kid up.." He says upset and Frankie smiles, squeezing Jamia's hand back. He looks at his best friend and sighs.

"Mikey.. you're so damn oblivious. You're not gonna mess this kid up.. You're gonna love it and care for it and... you're gonna be an amazing dad.. just like you're an amazing uncle. Trust me." Frankie squeezes Mikey's shoulder as the other man sighs heavily.

"I'm not so sure.. Shit. I'm sorry for coming over like this, I should go." Mikey starts to get up but Jamia and Frankie pushes him back down at the same time and then laugh.

"Don't be stupid. You can stay. I was just gonna make dinner and before you say anything. We insist." Jamia says with a bright smile and Mikey laughs softly and relaxes.

"I guess I don't have a choice." Mikey says as Frankie gets up to help.

"You really don't." Frankie laughs and shoves him before walking over to kiss his wife. Mikey just sighs and leans his chin in his hands against the kitchen bar. He watches his best friend with his wife, smiling and just shining happiness and he misses Alicia really bad suddenly. But he'll see her tonight so he tries to relax.

After dinner and a lot of talking Mikey feels a bit better. Frankie got the twins up from their nap and now they're all chilling on the couch. Cherry is sitting in Mikey's lap as they play a silly game on his phone. Cherry doesn't understand what to do but she's just amazed that things happen as she touches the screen and she giggles and clap her hands from time to time. Mikey doesn't even care if Cherry would ruin his phone or anything.. he just feels this warmth in his heart as she cuddles into him a bit and he almost feels like crying as he strokes her hair and shows her again what to do with the game.

They could sit like that forever but soon it's time for the twins to eat and for Mikey to get home and talk to Alicia. He's realised over time that it's always best to tell each other everything right away. It always gets out in the end anyways so now is better. He gets ready to leave the house but before he does he gives everybody a hug and thanks them for helping with the small (not really) case of freaking out. Frankie promises to check in tomorrow and the twins get a kiss each before he opens the front door. Cherry waves at him happily so he laughs softly and waves back before walking the short way back home. Things are going to be ok.
Sign up to rate and review this story