Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > One Disaster At A Time, Please.

Getting To Know You...

by Pretty-Odd-Lion 6 reviews

Some not so shocking revelations are told....

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2012-06-09 - Updated: 2012-06-09 - 2412 words

5Funny
HELLOOO! I'd just like to start off by saying a massive thankyou for all of the Rates and Reviews. You've all made me feel so welcome to Ficwad and I can never thank you enough! Now onto the story. Well this chapter is rather lengthy, so im going to need you to bear with me for abit - this chapter is more of a 'thing' (Gawd I use such technical words) that leads onto the main event if you will but I really hope you like it! Rate and review my lovely people ♥


Pulling a pair of jingling keys from my tattered old backpack, I turned the lock and opened the front door to the family home, letting myself in. Me and Gerard had parted ways at his street, arranging a time for him to come round.

"Mom, Dad; Im home!" I sang gleefully to the empty hallway, kicking off my shoes in the process.

"We're in the kitchen Champ" I heard my Dad shout back.

Tossing my bag on the floor, I advanced towards the kitchen; mentally preparing myself for the inquisition that was about to take place.

"How did it go? What did you think of the school? Are the teachers nice? Are the other students nice? Have you made any friends?" My mom rushed out, causing my dad to chuckle.

Rolling my eyes, I ignored her questioning eyes and stalked over to the refridgerater to get my self a drink.

"It went fine. It's average. I guess. No. Yes." I answered her after taking a long swig from the carton of orange juice.

"You made a friend?!" She all but screamed, tears of happiness in her eyes.

Jeez you would think I was some loser who has never had any kind of friend in her entire pathetic life. Oh wait.

"Yes, I made a friend. Its not that shocking you know. I'm actually a fabulously, amazing, funny person when I want to be" I replied, feigning a look of hurt.

That quickly caused her to change her expression frpm one of disbelief to one of pure joy. In fact the way she was looking at me with that smile, kind of creeped me out.

"Stop looking at me like that, its creepy" I said, taking a seat at the island counter; opposite my parents.

"I told you it would be different Champ, didn't I tell you!" My Dad gloated happily.

I forced myself not to roll my eyes and held back a snort.

"Yer, yer, yer"

When it got to the point where I could no longer bear thier grins I quickly added "By the way is it okay that I invited a friend over?"

My mom looked like she was about to die. Literally.

"OF COURSE!" She replied excitedly "What's her name?!"

"Gerard" I mumbled quietly, hoping that she wouldnt change her mind.

"Thats not a very feminine name, poor girl" Wow. Luckily my Dad caught on to the fact that she was actually a he.

"Actually hunny, I think what Alice is trying to say, is that her new friend is a boy." God bless you dear Father of mine.

"Oh" Came her simple reply "Well that's fine too"

"So he can come round?" Hope evident on my face.

"Of course.... just no funny business alright. You better go make your room look presentable before he gets here. Oh and I unpacked your box's for you, I hope you dont mind"

I stood up from my place at the counter, gave them both a kiss on the cheek and skipped off towards my bedroom located in the attic of the house, shouting a loud thank-you to my Mom on the way.

I stopped dead in my tracks as I opened my bedroom door. Stuck to my wall was every single poster I had brought with me from back in California.

I may not always get along with her but dam - she sure knows how to make her teenage daughter feel at home. Hell, she'd even stuck up the picture of Pete Wentz topless.

Me Gusta

Not long after that I heard the familiar sound of the door bell blare.

I was about to rush down to answer it however my lovely father beat me to it. Opening the door to a reveal a very shy, a very nervous and a very awkward teenage boy.

"Ermm hi... Is Alison here?" He stuttered - it had to be one of the cutest things I had ever witnessed.

"Of course, come right in." My dad smiled, reminising of the times that it was he who was the awkward teenager no doubt. "Alice, sweetie! There's a young man here to see you." He took a slight pause "He said something about asking for your hand in marriage!" He added in his best country voice.

I had to give it to the man; he had a nack for country impressions.

Stiffling a laugh, I ran down the stairs.

"Oh happy days Papa! I thought I was going to have to spend my dowry on booze and pills to numb the loneliness." I continued, using the very same western voice.

Upon finally reaching the bottom of the stairs I grabbed Gerards hand and began to pull him up the stairs.

Turning back only once to shout back to my Dad (and Mom who had joined him at the door) "A gentleman caller, Hooray!" And with that said, I pulled the slightly shocked looking boy into my room.

"Hey" I finally addressed him, closing the door to my room.

"Hi" And as we finally looked each other in the eye we burst into laughter.

"You are so weird, you know that right?" He asked once he'd regained control after his laughing fit.

I merely smiled in response.

"So this is your room" He stated rather than asked.

"Indeed it is young Way. Welcome. This is where the magic happens; and by magic I mean nothing." This caused his hazel eyes to light up in amusement.

"Its really cool. Love your choice of posters" He said, pointing to the callosal collection.

"Aha thanks" I replied, walking over to the sound system perched on one of the many shelfs surrounding my room. Placing the first CD I laid my eyes on into the disc slot. Fall Out Boy. Sweet.

I turned round to see Gerard looking slightly disgruntled. Like he was having a internal battle with himself.

"Gee whats wrong?" I asked, suddenly worried that my music taste had upset him or something "If you dont like the CD I can just turn it off you know" And with that I walked back over to the sound system. Just as I was about to click the off button Gerard spoke.

"No! Its not that...Its just... I ..." Letting out a frustrated groan he flopped down onto my bed "You might want to sit down" He added sadly.

Sitting down next to my raven haired friend, I turned to face him, concern evident on my features.

"Whats wrong Gee? You're scaring me"

"I have something I need to tell you, and im scared that once I do you'll hate me and i'll be alone again" He responded, tears filling his beautiful eyes.

I think my heart just broke a little.

"Oh Gee" I whispered "No matter what it is, I promise I wont hate you - I dont think it's even possible for me to hate you" I added with a reassuring smile, urging him to tell me what was wrong.

"Okay" He said with a small smile, letting out a shakey breath.

And then after a few more minutes of silence he spoke.

"Alison" Another shakey breath "Im... Im...Im..."

I gave him another reasurring smile, silently begging him to finish and put my mind at rest.

"Im gay." And then he looked me straight in the eyes, searching for any signs of emotion.

I let out a massive sigh of relief, then pulled him into a huge bone crushing hug.

"Dont ever scare me like that again" I murmured into the shoulder of his leather jacket.

He pulled back slightly "So you dont hate me? You dont think im some useless fag like the rest of them?"

"Oh hunny, I may of only known you for a day but you're my best friend. And dont you dare even think that. Besides, I kind of had a sneaking suspision you might be..." And with that said and done I pulled him back into a tight hug.

Naturally it was during this tender, heart warming moment that my stomach decided it had waited long enough, and for the second time today it let out a loud growl. I finally released my hold on Gerard with a sheepish look, whilst he let out a laugh.

"Come on, we better order a pizza; cant have you wasting away now can I?" He added with a cheeky wink.

"Douche" I muttered giving him a light punch on the shoulder.

"So" I started inbetween mouthfuls of pizzary goodness (is that even a word?!) "Are there any guys in your life at the moment?"

Gerard chocked a little on his pizza and I watched as his cheeks tinted themselves a bright pink, a massive contrast to his usually pale skin.

"Erm... Well.... there is this one guy I like"

"Oh yer, who?" I asked excitedly.

"Well..." He trailed off slightly "Frank Iero" He whispered, the blush never leaving his face.

Our conversation continued much in the same way for the rest of the night, but as the time for Gerard to leave was getting closer I knew I had to ask him about something that was bugging me. Or rather someone who was bothering me.

"Gee..." I began as he stood up to put his jacket on "I was wondering... Is it normal for that Brendon kid to act so.."

"Creepy? Disturbing? Eerie?" He finished expectantly.

"Yes."

"Oh.. Well he is usually quite an" And then Gerard paused for a moment as if cafefully selecting his next words "Interesting character. However today was the first time i've actually seen him look even remotely interested by someone other than his little 'buddies'" He concluded.

"Ah." I stated simply "Is that a bad thing?" I asked.

"I dont know, but I want you to be careful around him. Theres something about him that just seems..."

"Off?"

"Bingo! Listen I better be off but i'll see you tomorrow okay?!"

"See you Gee"

"Bye Big Al"

"Big Al?" I asked him, eyebrows raised "Really"

He merely shrugged his shoulders and set me another cheeky wink before heading on out the front door. Cheeky bastard.

Smelling cookies (Gawd im such a pig), I walked to the kitchen in which my Mom was moving about doing this and that. Noticing myself slip in and take a seat at the counter top she stopped what she was doing and turned to face me, leaning back onto the work surfaces.

"So...He seems like a nice kid." She started "He seems a little.... incredibly gay." I swear this woman was a walking gaydar, seriously. "I just want you to know your father and I are totally supportive. We love you no matter what the sexual orientation of your opposite sex, sex partner is." Wait what.

"Mom, no. We're not dating" I quickly corrected her, nevertheless she continued on as if she hadn't heard me.

"And dont worry about not making us grandparents, although we were kinda hoping you'd get knocked up so we'd have a second chance at raising kids; really do it right this time" She added with a slap to my knee.

Kill me. Kill me now.

"You know I dated a homosexual once. For a long time actually; A long time" And with that she sent me a knowing look. She couldnt possibly mean.... No. No. No?

"Dear god lord, please tell me you did not marry and have a child with him" To this she merely giggled and walked away. My god. And with that said, I walked back up to my room - shock most likely still evident on my face.

As I walked into the room I noticed that a few posters had fallen down. I let out a groan of frustration. Great. Now you may be thinking 'So what, big deal, just stick them back up' well let me tell you sunshine its not easy trying to reach the top of your bedroom wall when your a measley 5ft 4. I think my grunting and shouting worried my parents slightly as soon afterwards, my Dad walked into the room.

"Everything alright? It sounds like you're having sex up here which I know can't be true due to the fact that you have a homosexual as a boyfriend" Thanks Mom.

"He's not my boyfriend" I replied in a slightly angrier tone than I had actually meant to use.

"Hey! No judgement, we're all Gods children. Its fine. I was gay once. For awhile; No big deal. We all do it - its okay." He raised his hands in mock surrender. I rolled my eyes at his antics; and people wonder why im weird!

"Yes Dad, im fine."

He gave me a small smile "Alright then Champ, nighty night."

"Night" And with that he walked back out of the room and closed the door.

I gave up on the fallen posters not long after that and decided to climb into bed. Switching off the light, crawling under the covers and getting comfatable, I tried to fall asleep but to no avail. Big brown eyes would fill my vision the moment I closed my own and Gerards words of warning filled my ears 'Be careful around him'. And what the hell was with the way he was acting when I left school? What the fuck was his problem?! I didnt know; but I was most certainly going to find out.



DUN,DUN,DUNNNNN! So what did you think?! I know it was a long chapter but I seriously hope you enjoyed it!!! I just wanted to get across early on that Gerard is more of a brother to Alison and to be honest I just cant wait to write about the lovely Frank Iero!!! Anyway let me know what you think and virtual cake (just to be original) to anybody who knows which film i'm quoting from! I really hope you all like it!!
Phoebe xoxo
Sign up to rate and review this story