Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > This Title Has Been Censored

Tray Surfing

by ChocoBunniesOfDoom 3 reviews

In which they all surf on trays in the woods, because everyone knows surf boards and water are so last season.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2012-06-11 - Updated: 2012-06-12 - 2853 words

0Unrated
Hey, so I know I haven't updated in a while, but in my defense this chapter took a long time to type and an even longer time to write in the first place. But here it is! Thanks for all the reviews everybody, I hope you like this chapter!

I'm woken up at about six in the morning by Deryn and Finn.

"Rise and shine baby cakes," Deryn whispers, shaking my shoulders gently.

"Go screw yourself," I say groggily, turning onto my other side.

"Already taken care of," she quips sarcastically. "Now up you go."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."
"Yes."

"No."

"Oh hell yes," Finn puts in his two cents. "Or else.

"Or else what?" I ask sleepily. Then I feel a cold wet something on my cheek. I spring out of bed and slap him. "You crazy motherfucker! Did you just /lick /me?!" He nods happily. "You're disgusting."

"Woke you up didn't it?" I stick my tongue out at him.

"Come on cutie pie. We've got work to do." She grabs my hand and drags me toward the bathroom.

"What do you mean?" She doesn't tell me.

In ten seconds flat, I'm sitting on the toilet while Deryn takes inventory of everything about me that needs to change. So far, the list is much longer than I'd like it to be. It includes my attitude.

"We'll need to wash your make up off and redo it of course. Why do you have make up on already anyway?"

"I fell asleep with it on," I say, shrugging.

"Why'd you put it on yesterday? You didn't /go /anywhere!" She sighs. "Whatever. You'll have to wear some of your old clothes, or borrow some of Lauren's. There's the wig of course. You'll have to borrow any accessories you bring because yours are a bit gaudy. It'd be nice if we could do something about your eyes, but we don't have any colored contacts. Hope that shade of blue doesn't make you too recognizable. Don't cover your freckles with make up like you normally do, it might help. And for Christ's sake, would it kill you to gain some weight?!" She rants. "Oh, and I'll need your belly button ring."

"What? But I love my belly button ring!" I protest.

"The ring is going. It's that or any semi tight shirt you want to bring with you." I sigh and give her the stud.

"Thank you." She then pulls out a wet, soapy rag and starts roughly scrubbing yesterday's make up from my face."

"Ow," I mutter pathetically.

"Suck it up." Once my face has been adequately washed, she starts redoing my make up. It's very...different/ She used light colors that complement my eyes but don't dramatize them, that make me look like any innocent 17 year old. Exactly who I don't want to be. The wig is the precise natural color of my hair, but much more tame. To be honest, I look like Lauren five years ago, before she was blonde and dressed like a rock star.

"I'm hideous," I say sadly.

"You're gorgeous," Deryn corrects. "Just not the kind you're used to."

"Whatever. Please say that's all you're doing," I say, half pleading with her.

"Sorry kiddo, but nope," she says. "Jaycee's coming to help you-" the door bursts open.

"Minimize your peanut butter cups," Jaycee finishes with a smile. "You have no idea how long I was out there waiting for the opportunity to do that. Hop on the sink squirt." I do as she says.

"Well, I'm gonna hit the hay until you guys are finished. We've got a lot of driving to do later." With that, Deryn takes her leave.

"Time for things to get awkward old buddy old pal," Jaycee replies, pulling a roll of bandages out of her sweatshirt pocket. "Shirt off." I stare at her incredulously.

"You're kidding right?" She shakes her head.

"Come on baby, take it off!" I roll my eyes at her, then reluctantly take off my shirt. She wolf whistles teasingly.

"Oh quit it, or we're sending you."

"I'd go happily. I needs me a man and those five are some /fine /specimen." I stick my tongue out at her.

"Just quit fantasizing and start bandaging." She makes a face at me but begins wrapping the bandages around me. Her hand brushes my ribs and a concerned look crosses her face as she looks down.

"Damn you're bony!" She exclaims.

"Oh please," I scoff.

"It's true! Look at yourself Reesey, that's not healthy," she continues.

"I know, I know, Lauren's already given me the lecture," I say passively. "I'm working on it okay?" Jaycee looks doubtful, but continues bandaging me up. When she's finished, I'm sent to get dressed. Lauren's contribution is lying in front of my room: a suitcase full of our old clothes and something to wear today. The outfit is simple enough, a black tank top, knee-length jean shorts, a clada necklace, and the friendship bracelet she gave me for my seventh birthday paired with boots. I smile when I see the bracelet; I've never once left the house without it. Once I'm dressed, I go eat breakfast.

"What are you doing?" Deryn asks as I sit down. "No time for eating, we need to leave!" She starts pulling me out the door and Lauren whispers, "I'll smuggle you a muffin." I manage to mouth a thank you before being dragged down the hall.

A few minutes later, Finn and Eric have said good bye and the rest of us have piled into our glamorous rust bucket of a minivan. The first few minutes we're quiet, feeling more than slightly ashamed of ourselves. Not because I'm about to scam a bunch of innocent teenage boys- it's a dog eat dog world- but because we didn't tell Eric until five minutes before we left. He's never approved of our scheming, but unlike everyone else, he has this childlike belief that each time will be the last, that deep down we're nice girls. So each time we cheat like this, it kills us to see his disappointment. As usual, it's Jaycee that first attempts to brighten our moods.

"On top of Mount Smokey," she suddenly starts singing, 'all covered with glee."

"I shot Lindsay Lohan with a green rubber band," I chime in with her. "Nobody could miss her, she was three miles wide. Instead of a husband, I shot my own bride."

"I went to her funeral," Lauren joins us, "I went to her wake. Instead of a flower, I chucked a grenade. Three thousand years later, she rose from the dead. I took out my shot gun, and blew off her head."

"You guys are so immature," Deryn says, shaking her head.

"Aw, you know you love us Der bear!" Jaycee says, using Deryn's least favorite nickname. Deryn gives her the finger as she stops at a light. We laugh and go back to singing just to bug her. We give a whole convert: Found a Peanut, I Know A Song That Gets On Everybody's Nerves, 100 Bottles of Beer, Charlie Was A Pigeon, etc. Lauren drops out in the middles of Black Socks.

I know why she stopped, why she always stops. It reminds her of our family, before things got all screwed up. Our parents used to try to embarrass us by singing in front of our friends, That all changed four or five years ago. Then no one sang, not even me. That's when things got worse and worse until our parents threw Lauren out for "corrupting their poor, mentally ill baby." I ran away shortly after to stay with her. My parents were forever coddling me, patronizing me, criticizing my choice in friends (Jaycee), insisting that I didn't need therapy and that it'd all get better if I took my meds and focused on fixing things. I left and never came back, and Lauren's been taking care of me since. It's why we all changed our names, to keep my parents from coming and taking me from Lauren, which they still can for the next year. I don't miss the,, but I know Lauren does. I give her hand a squeeze and she smiles a little.

We pull up to the camp parking lot just as we run out of girl scout songs to sing. Just from looking at it, I feel like a living stereotype. All around, there are kids laughing and walking around together, birds chirping, it's sunny, and there's trees everywhere.

"I'm going to die," I say simply.

"That's the spirit Reesey!" Jaycee says, clapping me on the shoulder.

"You'll be fine," Deryn says. "A little fresh air never hurt anyone."

"Tell that to a fish." She rolls her eyes.

"Got your wigs girls?" Lauren and Jaycee nod and the three of them put on wigs so they can walk me to my cabin. I grab my duffel bag, Jaycee takes the suit case, Lauren picks up a pillow, and Deryn exit's the car equipped with a map. I quickly note that the map is upside down.

By some sort of miracle, we make it to the cabin, but I know it'll take an even greater miracle to get my friends out of here. They're like protective older sisters, except Lauren, who actually /is /a protective older sister. They go with me everywhere. I keep them around long enough for them to help me unpackm but then I start struggling to get rid of them.

"Do you have all the clothes you need?" Lauren asks.

"Yes Laurie."

"Sun screen, bug spray, money for food?" She asks.

"Check, check, and check," I reply.

"You brought your medicine?"

"Of course, the back up too."

"You know Dr. Andrews' number in case of emergency?"

"There hasn't been an emergency in two years Lauren." She gives me a hostile look. 'Yes, I know the number."

"Lauren, she's a big girl," Deryn says, rolling her eyes.

"I know, I know."

"Okay chicky. Just remember to call or video chat at least once a week. Wear sunscreen. Text me pics of the hotties. Remember to use protection if you screw anybody," Jaycee says the last part teasingly. I stick my tongue out at her.

"Just shut up and hug me bitch!" We all start hugging.

"Later sweetie," Deryn says, walking out.

"Text me pally!" Jaycee then joins her.

"Okay Lauren. Just remember to watch your tongue on the interviews while I'm here okay? I'm Reese, Jaycee and Deryn are JCB and Drea Fawks, and you need to answer to Loraina Taylor okay?" She nods.

"And you're Riesa, you like the band, you're a normal girl/ And take your medication every morning." I nod and we hug again.

"See you in a month Lauren."

"Bye baby cakes." With that, she exits and I collapse on the couch for a nap.

**

I really thought it would be easier to find a group of hot teenage rock stars. But then again, I guess the campers are /those /kids. You know, pop/rap fans who don't give a shit about rock and probably can't tell the difference between Brendan Urie and Billy Joe Armstrong. So no swarms of fans to follow. But when I see them, I know them in a second. Even about sixty feet down a hill from them, I can make out a short boy with short red hair on one side and black hair hanging in his face on the other, a lanky boy with dark brown hair and awkward knees, a tall one with a sweet fro, and another with long black hair. Bob isn't there, but this is definitely Frank, Mikey, Ray, and Gerard. I just need to follow the path that leads up there. I'm about five minutes into the walk when I hear a loud cry above me.

"Hey, look out!" I look up just in time to see someone crash into me. There's a thud, a metallic clang, and then to groans as we both crash to the ground. The person- a boy, I can now see- scrambles to his feet while I sit up, rubbing my head.

"I am so sorry! I didn't see you, well, at least not until just before we crashed. Are you okay?" Normally, I'd start swearing my head off and possibly punch him, but I can't call attention to myself, so instead I just nod.

"Yea, I'm fine."

"God, I'm so sorry. Let me help you up."

"Really, it's fine I-" I look up and find myself looking into the most gorgeous eyes I've ever seen. "Holy hazel," I say without thinking. "Uh, I meant, it's fine." He laughs and holds his hand out to help me up. "Let me start over. Hi, I'm Riesa." I take a good look at him and gulp. I know exactly who he is.

"I'm Gerard," he says, smiling charmingly.

"Yea, I know." He gives me a weird look. "Oh, God, that sounded really creepy. I'm a fan of My Chemical Romance. You're the lead singer right?" He pales.

"Oh no, you're not a fan girl are you?" I laugh.

"No worries, I just listen on occasion. Now, if you were Billy Joe Armstrong, it'd be an entirely different matter." He laughs.

"You're pretty funny Riesa. Would you want to come hang out with us for a bit?" He asks.

"Sure." We walk up to where his friends are waiting.

"Hey guys, this is Riesa. Riesa, this is Frank, Mikey, and Ray."

"Hey look Frank!" Ray exclaims. "You're not the shortest here for once!" Frank chooses to ignore him.

"What's a good looking girl like you doing talking to Gerard?" Frank says teasingly. "Most girls run screaming for the hills."

"Who better is there than moi?" Gerard asks. Frank takes a bold step forward and smoothes his hair back.

"Me!" Ray rolls his eyes.

"Excuse the goons." Frank ignores him and props and elbow on my shoulder.

"Sup?" He says, pretending to try to be smooth.

"Funny, I don't remember landing in Munchkinland," I say sarcastically. The boys hoot and laugh.

"Damn, that's cold!" Frank exclaims. "But I'm willing to sing 'Follow the Yellow Brick Road' if you're into that sort of thing."

"Maybe later," I reply.

"I'll hold you to that," he says, winking.

"So what are you guys doing up here that ended in me face planting?" Ray smiles.

"Tray surfing," he replies proudly.

"Which is...?"

"We take the trays from the cafeteria and surf down the hill on them," he answers.

"I take it you guys aren't so great at it."

"Hey! That's just Gerard," Frank says.

"Thanks buddy," Gerard says sarcastically/ "So, you think you could do better than me?" He asks me.

"Sounds like a challenge." He grins.

"That's because it is one."

"Then you're on." I look over to the quiet one, Mikey, and smile sweetly.

"Mind if I borrow that?" I ask, pointing to the tray in his hand. He nods and hands it to me. "Thank you." I turn to Gerard. "Ready?"

"Born ready," he replies. I roll my eyes at his cheesiness and set down the tray in front of me. He does the same and we both step on. Without much warning, Frank yells, "Go!" and we both push off.

I immediately confirm to myself that this was an absolutely craptastic idea. I can sing, dance, I even do a little gymnastics, but me and boards don't mix. This is no exception. I have no control from the start, I fly past Gerard in seconds, and I'm wobbling. A lot.

"Holy shiznaz!" I shriek. I need to stop, I need to piss my pants, I need to drop down and die, I need to effing do something to end this before I break something! So I do do something. I fall backwards off the tray. "Owwie," I mutter. Behind me, Gerard starts laughing like the prick I assume he must be. I'm considering flipping him off when he collapses as well.

"God damn it!" He yells. I jump up.

"I win!" He looks confused.

"What?! Why do you win?"

"Because I made it further down the hill," I say like it's obvious.

"But I stayed up longer!" He argues. I wave it off.

"Irrelevant!" He looks as if he's about to argue when Ray calls down the hill.

"Can we go now?" He yells. "I'm starving!"
"Fine, I'll be right up!" Gerard yells back up. We both start waking up.

"Took you long enough!" Frank says when we get to them.

"I know, I know, you're dying of starvation aren't you?" Gerard says, his voice oozing sarcasm.

"Do you want to eat with us Riesa?" Ray asks. I grin.

"Sure." I can tell right now that this job's going to be simple. This is going to be the easiest month of my life.

*So what do you think about the chapter? About the story itself? About Riesa? About bananas in the sky? Whatever you want to talk about or however you feel about any of it, please review and share it with the world!

*
Sign up to rate and review this story