Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I'm just a girl and I've been stood up... again.

Chapter 4, I must be in love, with my own sins that is.

by ive_been_sporked 4 reviews

First date, take 2. Action!

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2012-06-12 - Updated: 2012-06-13 - 1751 words

1Original
A/N-Quick shout out to Corri ( XxLiveyourlifExX ) for being a sweetie and reviewing all my chapters so far! ^.^ Also some news, I will be working A LOT this week and possibly this weekend so if there are no updates don't be alarmed. Okie dokie on with the show then.



~~~~*~~~~



"Yes ma'am, from 7-10 am. Yes, the pool is open until 11 pm. Is there anything else I can help you with? Thank you ma'am, have a lovely day." I place the phone in its hook and go back to folding key card pockets.

I was currently trying my best not to stare at the clock posted on the wall to my left in the main lobby of the hotel that I worked at. My shift ended soon and even though I didn't want to get my hopes up, I was pretty sure I had a date at 8 o'clock and I was itching to get out of here and get ready.

I know what you're thinking. More solo martinis right? Maybe, but this is looking to be different. To really explain, I'll have to rewind a little bit to last night.

~~*~~

Thursday 6:30 pm

I quickly dropped the plate back into the soapy water and dried my hands off at the sound of my phone ringing. I searched my cluttered tabled, looking under mail and newspapers and finally a bag of chips. I flipped it open with out looking at the number, expecting it to be my mom or sister.

"Hello?"

"Hi, uh Lucy?" I hear a nervous sounding male voice come from my receiver. I glance at my phone quickly, but I don't recognize the number looking back at me.

"Yes? Who is this?" My heart sped up without my permission, my thoughts raced. A blush rose up my neck.

"Uh, its Travis McCob." As fast as the heat came, it left.

"I'm sorry, who?"

"No, no I'm sorry. We were suppose to meet at the Green Mill a few weeks ago. I was just calling to apologize. I'm sure you don't want to hear anything I have to say but I really do have quite the story for you, if you wouldn't mind hearing me out." I could hear the sincerity in his voice. He seemed to genuinely feel bad about standing me up.

Well this is new.

"Um, sure. Okay."

"Well, that night about two hours before our date, I got a phone call. My mother was in an accident, nothing serious or anything but she did break her leg. My mom is kinda older and was having problems with getting around so I've been staying with her and helping her with everything. I'm her only kid and my dad's not with us anymore. I really hate to say this, but I forgot about you, not on purpose I hope you know. It just happened and then I ran into Ruth the other day and she asked how our date went. Lucy, I feel horrible." He finally took a breath in his confession and it seemed like he might go on so I cut in quickly.

"Oh my goodness, that's terrible about your mom! That's so sweet of you to take care of her. Of course I understand you forgetting, I would have too. Its really no problem Travis. She's lucky to have a son like you." I wanted to say more but I wasn't really sure where to go from here.

"I feel so much better after telling you. I mulled over this for a couple days. I'm so glad that you're so understanding. Thank you so much." Relief filled his voice.

"No, you don't have to thank me. Just take care of your mom. I hope she's feeling better."

"Oh well actually that's another reason why I called. She is managing a little better now, so I was wondering if maybe we could try again? Like first date, take 2?" The nervousness returned to his voice. I paused for a moment, it wasn't that I didn't want to go out with him. My friend Ruth said he was a sweet heart. I just can't believe how disappointed I was when I thought it was Patrick on the other end of my phone. I shook my head slightly and went back to the conversation at hand.

"Sure, Travis. I would like that." I smiled into the phone, trying to keep the disappointment that keeps clawing its way into my head, down and into a locked box.

"Great! What time works for you, I'm free anytime after 5. I can come pick you up or we can meet somewhere if you want?"

"Well this is our first date right? So meet at the Green Mill at 8:00 pm?" I ask, deciding that this was the best way for a second take.

"That sounds great. I'm really looking forward to it and Lucy, again, I'm really sorry about before."

"Its really okay, you called, a little late, but you called and that's what matters."

We said our goodbyes and hung up. I saved his number to my contacts, hoping that I wouldn't have to use it later to leave lame 'you're late' messages on his voicemail.

~~*~~

Friday 6:30 pm

Hopping out of the shower, I had decided to do things simple tonight. I honestly thought he would show up, but the pessimist in the back of my head thought that getting super dressed up again only to sit there alone was not what I needed tonight.

I dried and straightened my hair and put a green ribbon in to separate my bangs from the rest of my hair. When I walked into my room, I walked directly to my closet and pulled out my favorite long sleeve green shirt. It was really thin fabric, making it slightly see through. I went to my dresser next and grabbed a plain white tank top to go under my shirt along with a white bra and panties. Once I put all that on, I pulled out my favorite pair of jeans, they were old and worn and fit me perfect, and a denim skirt that I liked.

Laying both out on my bed, I looked at them for a short time before I decided on the jeans. I wanted to be comfortable tonight, so the old favorite won quickly.

I checked the clock as I walked into my living room and saw it was almost 7:15, I called a cab and put my phone in my pocket afterwards along with my ID and debit card.

The mirror in the hallway showed me my appearance once more, satisfied, I grabbed my keys hanging on the key hook and left my apartment, locking it behind me.

~~*~~

Walking into the bar at about 10 to 8, I realized that I had no idea what Travis looked like. Last time I had told him that I would be in a yellow sundress but this time we hadn't even mentioned anything like that. Pulling my phone out of my pocket, I walked to the far end of the bar and sat on a stool. I found Travis's name in my contacts and sent him a quick text that I was wearing a green ribbon in my hair and a green shirt and where I was sitting. I put my phone back in my pocket and waited patiently for the bartender to come my way.

"Lucy, right?" I heard from in front of me, I looked up from my text and into the face of the bartender placing a martini down for me. I blushed, realizing that I must have left some kind of a impression for him to remember me so well that he knew my drink.

"Yes, thank you, uh...Steve?" I asked, immediately knowing that that was incorrect.

"Charlie, actually. What's with the Steve thing? That's all you called me last time you were here." He asked, leaning against the bar.

"I'm sorry, I really don't know. I guess you look like a Steve maybe." I laughed lightly and thanked him again for the drink as he nodded at a costumer waving him down at the other end of the bar. I took a sip of the martini and smiled remembering the last time I was here.

I was just drinking the last of my glass when my phone buzzed in my pocket.

"Stuck in traffic, see you in 15 or so. Sorry."

"No worries, drive safe." Hitting the send button, I put my phone back in my pocket and pushed my now empty glass to the inside of the bar, signaling Charlie that I was ready for another.

In no time Charlie was replacing my drink.

"Sooo," he began, looking at me jokingly. "Is this going to be a repeat of last time? Should I just call Pat over now, so he can get here before you can't walk?"

Hoping the dim lights in the bar cover up my reddening face, I look back at Charlie and avoid the question.

"That's right you're friends with Patrick. He wouldn't let me repay him for paying my tab here last time. Does he still come in here?"

"Yea sometimes, I haven't seen him in about a week though." He nods, wiping down the bar with a towel.

"I hate to ask but do you think I could have his number? I would really like to pay him back but he hasn't called me and I still feel really guilty about the whole thing."

"Well, I don't know. I'm not sure he would want me to just go giving his number out to people, but if you give me yours, I'll make sure he gets it." Charlie stated retrieving a pen and scrap paper from the register.

"I understand", I scribbled my name and number on the paper,"but I don't think he'll call. I gave him my number last time and he never got a hold of me."

"Well, I think he'll call this time." Charlie winked at me and walked away to help another costumer.

I stared at Charlie's back wondering what he meant by that.

"Who's going to call?" A man's voice said from behind me. I jumped a little and turned around on the stool.

A tall man with short brown hair and blue eyes was looking at me with a quizzical look on his face. I looked back at him with a confused face.

"Travis?" I guessed

"Lucy? Nice to meet you, finally." Travis smiled, holding out his hand for me to shake.
Sign up to rate and review this story