Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Rebel Love Song

Chapter Sixteen

by bvbrocks 2 reviews

"He wanted to be done with this misery, this pain, all this suffering..."

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Ray Toro - Published: 2012-06-15 - Updated: 2012-06-22 - 1283 words

1Exciting
After hours of laying still, simply floating in the comfort of unconsciousness, Frank began to stir and eventually sat up. His head was pounding, and his memories were slow in coming. He remembered though, and the thoughts that came with the visions of the previous events slaughtered his already weak mind. But he did not cry. No he had had far too much tear shed in the past weeks to do that. He doubted that he had enough moisture left in his eyes, regardless.

After sitting like that for a while, wallowing, Frank decided he had had enough. He wanted to be done with this misery, this pain, all this suffering. He needed to get back up on his feet and run away from all this. He just needed to be happy again. And he thought he knew how to make that happen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~*

“Hey Ashley,” Ashley heard a voice calling over to him. He looked towards the voice, and saw Frank walking towards him.

“Hey Frank,” Ashley responded, noticing a new light in the shorter man’s eyes, “How are ya?”

“Ready for a change,” Frank answered, a look of determination gracing his features, “I’m done with all this. I’m ready to pick up the pieces of my life and glue them back together. I was hoping you would help me.”

“Of course,” Ashley said, surprised by Frank’s announcement, “What did you have in mind?”

“Well,” said Frank, drawing out the word, obviously contemplating what he was going to say, “I was thinking we should do something normal. Y’know, get me back into the swing of things, since I’ve been so out of the real world lately. Maybe go shopping or some shit, I dunno.”

“Sounds like a good idea,” Ashley responded, “You wanna go now? We have the day off anyway.”

“Yeah,” Frank answered, “I don’t see a reason to wait. Just let me go to my bus to get changed.”

Frank left the Black Veil Brides bus and quickly walked over to his own, grabbing a set of clothes out of his bunk. He glanced towards Gerard’s bunk, and immediately wished he hadn’t. There was Gerard, curled up into Andy’s chest, both of them fast asleep.

Frank quickly looked away, blinking back drops of moisture threatening to spill once more. No, he thought, I’m done with that. I’m going to move on. He changed as fast as he could, and practically ran outside. Ashley was already standing by a car, waiting for Frank.

“Hey!” Ashley called to Frank, who quickly came over.

“That was quick,” Frank said, referring to the car next to Ashley.

“Yeah,” Ashley responded, “The dude at the rental place I called was a fan of Black Veil Brides, so I got the first car he could get me. Plus they’re right down the road. So, you ready?”

“Yeah,” Frank nodded, walking over to the passenger side and getting in, “Let’s go blow some money on shit we don’t need.”

Ashley laughed and nodded in agreement. He jumped in the driver’s side, and started the engine. He turned the radio on, and tuned it to a station called “104.1” that was supposedly “Connecticut’s Alternative”. It didn’t play the best music ever, but it was still better than most stations.

Ashley and Frank drove to the nearest mall singing along to the radio the entire way. When they got in, the first thing they looked at was the directory. There weren’t many good stores, but they still had Hot Topic, fye, and a few others they wanted to go to. The rest of the mall was full of Forever 21, Aeropostale, Hollister, and the like.

The first place they went to was Hot Topic. They browsed all the shirts and bracelets, and Ashley tried to convince Frank to get a Justin Bieber one. Frank, of course, refused, and bought a Misfits one instead, along with one with a picture of a T-rex trying to clap his stubby hands together with the words “If you’re happy and you know it...oh”. Ashley settled on a MCR shirt (which Frank rolled his eyes at) and a bracelet with a Nyan cat on it.

Then they stopped at a Taco Bell for lunch. Ashley got a taco, and Frank got a plain cheese quesadilla.

“I hope you know that meat once had a face on it,” Frank told Ashley, watching him hungrily devour his taco in disgust.

“Yeah, but it still tastes damn good,” Ashley muttered out through a mouthful of food.

“Dude, that’s disgusting,” Frank laughed, grinning for what felt like the first time in forever. It was then that a frenzied teenage girl ran up to them.

“Excuse me,” she said quietly, “But are you Ashley Purdy and Frank Iero?”

Both Ashley and Frank nodded, exchanging glances of slight amusement. The girl, who looked to be about 15, practically squealed in delight.

“Oh my gosh,” she breathed, her eyes wide, “I love you guys. Would you mind signing this?” She thrust an issue of AP with Andy on the cover.

Ashley nodded, throwing a look of exasperation to Frank, who somehow managed to keep his grin plastered on his face. Frank signed as quickly as possible, trying to keep his gaze away from the man posing on the cover, trying to forget how much that man potentially stole from him.

After the girl went away, Frank managed to regain his composure enough to roll his eyes and say, “Fans. I love them and all, but sometimes they just annoy the crap outta me.”

Ashley nodded in agreement and said, “I know man. Don’t they understand ‘personal space’? I mean, really, we’re fucking eating. Can’t we do that without signing something?”

The rest of the trip passed rather uneventfully, the two men shopping around a little more, each picking up another shirt or two and at least 3 CDs. Finally, they decided to get back to the buses before people started to wonder where they were.

When they got back to the lot the buses were parked in, Frank went to his bus to drop off his things. His day with Ashley had certainly cheered him up, he hadn’t even thought of Gerard after the incident with the fan. When he walked into the bus, Ray was sitting on the couch in the living area, playing Guitar Hero.

“Hey man,” Ray called in greeting to Frank, “Where you been?”

“Just out shopping with Ashley,” Frank responded.

Ray turned to look at Frank, a look of genuine surprise on his face. “That’s great!” he exclaimed, “It’s nice to see you getting out to somewhere that doesn’t involve booze or drugs again.”

“Yeah,” Frank said, trying to block the memories of his downward spiral out of his brain, “I wanna be done with all that. I wanna get better.”

“Then I’m glad Ashley is helping you,” Ray said, turning back around to face his game again, “He seems to really like you.”

Frank shook his head slightly, knowing what Ray was implying. He knew Ashley and him would probably work amazingly as a couple, he just wasn’t ready for that yet. Maybe someday...

A/N: I’M BACK BITCHES!! Yeah, I hope that was okay. Y’know, when I started this story, it was going to be this sweet fluffy story. Look how well that worked out. I guess I just write to reflect my mood...anyway, I hope y’all liked that. Also if you're into Johnlock, I posted a oneshot on my page. R&R please!
Sign up to rate and review this story