Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Babysat By Gerard Way

Chapter Four

by LydiaWay 7 reviews

feelings and confessions. Gerard's opens up.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [!!] [?] - Published: 2012-06-17 - Updated: 2012-06-17 - 2699 words - Complete

1Exciting
A/N Hollaaaaa! So happy with all of the lovely reviews I try to respond to them all :D love you:’)
Some is from Georgia’s POV so I guarantee it’ll be crazzzyyyy:D any suggestions or little ideas you want me to put in the story just message me or leave it in a review:D


I’m so sorry I haven’t updated since the stonage
Thanks!
Lydia xoxo

Katie’s POV:

“Sure she can sweetie! It’s Saturday today, right?” I nod at Donna. “Yeah that should be fine. Does she know where we are?”

“Yeah I text her the address already. Thanks so much Donna.” I smile, hugging her slightly.

“A friend of Katie’s is a friend of ours!” She chuckles and continues baking brownies.

I wander off into the front room to wait for Georgia. She’s meant to be here, for or first sleepover in about a month, in two hours, so I decide to go bug Mikey. I jog upstairs to his room and barge in, as I usually do. He looks up from his bass playing and smiles warmly.

“Hey Mikes!” I run over to him and sit cross legged on his carpet next to him.

“Hey Kat. What’s up?” He asks, pushing his guitar aside. Mikey’s really good at bass, I hear him play sometimes. Oo-er.

“Waiting for Georgia. We’re having a horror movie night tonight, wanna join us?” Mikey nods happily, I poke him in the side, causing the poor kid to squirm before I run into my own room to wait for the sister God forgot to give me. I'll let him off.

*

Georgia’s POV:

I run to the door, pound my fist on it and wait for somebody to open up. I hear shuffling behind the door and it swings open to reveal a blonde lady, who I assume is Gerard’s mum.

“Hey! I’m Georgia Hobbs!” I pipe up, earning a warm smile from the lady.

“I’m Donna Way dear, lovely to meet you! Come inside, make yourself at home. Katie’s upstairs; first door on the left.” I thank her and jog upstairs into my best friend’s room.

“Alright loser?” She welcomes me. I grin, playfully punching her arm.

“Hey suckaaaa! Ready for the horror movie marathon? I like my horror how I like my sex. Freaky and rough.” I wink.

Katie snorts, “Georgie, don’t kid yourself. You’re a virgin.” She says bluntly.

I dramatically shush her and whisper, “Shh! Somebody might hear...” Katie rolls her eyes and snatches the three freezing Ben and Jerry’s ice cream out of the carrier bag in my hands.

“And make sure it’s soft horror; you know how I get” Kate says and I nod slightly, not intending to keep to my promise. “What’s the time?” she asks. I point to the clock, not bothering to check my phone. It’s six o’clock on the dot. “Oh.” Katie says. “Guess we should fix up dinner firs-”

“Dinner!” Donna calls, interrupting Kate. We giggle stupidly and race down the stairs into the cosy kitchen. “That was fast.” Donna winks at us, setting out a steaming pot of spaghetti bolognaise.

“Uhhh... Spag bol’s my favourite.” I practically drool over the food. Kate and I take our seats as Donna sets out five plates. Two boys come thundering down the stairs and into the room, snatching a seat each. One is Gerard, the other...

“Who are you?” The cute, skinny boy asks me.

“Uhh.. I’m Kay’s best mate Georgia. You?”

“Mikey. Gerard’s brother.” Mmm.. He’s cute. I love his fringe. And his glasses are so adorable.

“You have nice eyebrows.” I say simply, eyeing the food Donna’s put on my plate.

“Uh... Thanks?” He turns it into a question, so freakin’ cute! Gerard just snorts, Donna smiles warmly and Katie rolls her eyes. She’s probably used to my random outbursts.

“So, what’s planned for tonight girls? Movies? Gossip?” Donna winks, I giggle and nod my head.

“Horror movies. Our all time favourite...If they’re not too scary.” Kate tells her, making Gerard look up in interest.

“W- I- Me and Mikes love horror too!” Gerard says, forking his spaghetti.

“Yeah! We’ve got loads of ‘em. Can we watch them with you? Pleeeeeassee?” Mikey adopts puppy dog eyes and I can’t resist.

“Yes, yes. Yes you freakin’ can. Yes. If you bring your eyebrows.” What the heck Georgia? Who says that?

Oh well.

“Uh- I can’t really ..not.” Mikey mumbles, he’s probably really freaked out by now.
We finish eating our food with random chitter chatter and the clink of cutlery on plates.

*

Katie’s POV:

“You’re seriously messed up in the head. I can tell you fancy the pants off of him, but what possessed you to compliment him on his eyebrows?” I ask her, completely baffled.

“I didn’t know what else to say! C’mon? His eyebrows are pretty sexy?” Georgia presses. I just shake my head and push the drinks into Georgia’s arms whilst I carry the ice cream up stairs. We walk into Gerard’s room. I’m surprised I’ve not actually been in here properly before, but I can tell straight away it’s his room just by looking at it. There are movies, comics and clothes strewn over the floor, which he and Mikey must have tried to clean up, but failed. There are posters all over his crimson walls and the light is pretty dim, making it a hauntingly cosy room. He’s even tried to make his bed, which actually means he’s put the black duvet on the actual bed. There is a desk on one side of the room and a big TV next to it, with video games and controllers scattered around it.

“Wow. Gee, I really like your room.” I say, exploring. I’m so nosy. Gerard chuckles and smiles up at me. Mikey’s just finished setting out a load of blankets, pillows and duvets on the floor to make a huge ...bed thing.

“Done. Oh my God you guys this is gonna be so comfy. We can sleep in here!” Mikey suggests, all excited like a little boy having his first party. It’s so cute and I see Georgia practically melt at the sight.

“Yeah, okay. That’d be awesome.” I giggle, jumping into the pile. Gerard puts a movie in and we all settle down in this order; Georgia, Mikey, Gerard, and me.

I blush in the darkness at the close proximity between me and Gerard, silently thanking god that he can’t see. That is, until Georgia turns the god damned light on just so she can carry the Ben and Jerry’s and the drinks over to us.

“Katie, you’re really red. Are you okay babe?” Georgia points at me, making me blush even more. That, and the fact that Gerard’s leg is smushed up against mine.

“Leave her to blush George, she’ll get over the touchiness.” Mikey pipes up. Oh god this; is embarrassing. I shoot daggers at Mikey with my intense eyes and I turn towards the movie as soon as Georgia turns the light off again.

*

“You know I hate this movie! Why the heck d’you put it on?! I told you, I told you specifically that I can pretty much handle any horror other than The Exorcist! Why did you put it on?!” I groan, staring accusingly at Gerard.

Okay I admit, I never told him of my phobia-like ways. I didn’t even mention it once.

“You never told me that! Just grow some lady balls and watch the movie.” He smirks, sipping some of his Coke. Mmmm... he’s even a hot drinker!

I just huff and try to get some sleep, the images of the possessed girl burning into the back of my eyelids. I decide to keep them open and stare at Gerard, a sight which will help me sleep and won’t scare the life outta me.

*

My eyes slowly open to the sight of Gerard. He’s staring at me, his hazel eyes displaying adoration suddenly notice that I’m awake, causing them to avert their gaze to the ceiling and t shove something under my pillow. I soon realise Mikey and Georgia aren’t with us.

“Where’s Mikes and George?” I ask, voice thick with sleep.

“When the movie ended they went to sleep in Mikey’s room because it’s warmer in there. Go back to sleep, it’s like, three am.” He replies, smiling lightly and sighing loudly.

“Oh. Uh... I’m not really tired anymore. I slept through the rest of the movie ‘cause it got a little...scary.” I whispered, making Gerard chuckle.

“Awww Kit Kat got scared?” He smirks. I hit him on the arm and sit up, resting my back against the mound of pillows.

“Ermm, hope you don’t mind me asking, but what- Donna mentioned something that affected you and you haven’t been very happy since? Do you know what she’s talking about? Mikey said you had some trouble with these dudes but...” my voice trails off as Gerard’s eyes turn sad.

“Well...It was last year, I was walking home from school and I-uh... well basically I’d been beaten up by these two guys a lot. Zach and Chase. They were the jocks of our school and I was their favourite target. So uh.. yeah they saw me and beat me up pretty bad. They usually did it most days of the week.” My jaw drops. “Well, this time, a- a knife was involved and I got hurt pretty bad. Since then, Mum and Dad argued a lot and that cause the divorce so it left me feeling like it’s my fault that our family fell apart.” My heart strings clench as I comfort Gerard. He looks like a distressed little boy. So innocent and precious.

“Some things fall apart so that better things can fall together.” I whisper, seeing Gerard’s smile again. I lay down and push my hands under the pillow. I feel something rustle beneath me and fish it out.

“What’s this?” I ask, holding up two pieces of paper. Gerard’s eyes grow wide and he attempts to snatch them off of me, to no avail.

“No! Please, don’t it’s private! You can’t see those!” Gerard’s voice is panicky and being the bitch I am, I unfold the papers and let my mouth drop wide open.

Paper one; lyrics. Beautiful ones.

Scruffily careful handwriting.

Scribbles and scrawls that could not be more perfect.

Words. Full of love, full of feeling.

Paper two: A drawing, that of a professional ability.

A drawing of a girl who looks beautiful as she sleeps. Calm and serene.

Peaceful.

That girl is me.

“Wow.” I’m speechless. Gerard looks as if he’s about to pass out. He’s all nervous and shaky, I’ve never seen him like this before.

He looks beautifully distressed.

“I’m- I’m sorry. I can’t help what I write and I can’t help it when I need to draw something...or someone.” Gerard gushes out the sentence in a panicked manner.

“It’s...”

“I know, it’s creepy. I’m sorry I promise it won’t happen agai-”

“It’s beautiful. Thank you.” I cut Gerard off.

He breathes a sigh of relief, however still looks a little shaken up. He just nods and tries to shuffle into the duvets a little.

“Er Gerard?... could you please- could you please sing me to sleep? These lyrics. Please?” I ask Gerard, desperate for him to say yes. He shakes his head no. “Oh please?! Come on Gee, I really think..you’re talented.” A ghost of a smile plays at his lips as he closes his eyes slightly.

*

As I lay in the pitch darkness, mind racing, emotions washing through me like an angry storm, and then I hear the words.

Hand in mine into your icy blues...
And then I’d say to you,
We could take to the highway, with this trunk of ammunition too.
I’d end my days with you in a hail of bullets.

Gerard’s voice is just above a whisper, but it’s filled with raw emotion, true passion, pure love.

It’s beautiful.

I’m trying, I’m trying
To let you know just how much you mean to me,
And after all the things we put each other through.
And I would drive on to the end with you,
A liquor store or two keeps the gas tank full,
And I feel like there’s nothing left to do,
But prove myself to you,
And we’ll keep it running...

As his voice cuts through the darkness, my pulse quickens and I want nothing more than to kiss him so passionately.

The emotion makes me want to cry.

“That..that’s so beautiful. I’m- I don’t- I have- I don’t know what to say.” I whisper, my voice cracking as my eyes rim with salty tears.

“Thanks..I uh.. to be honest I thought you were asleep...” He half chuckles and switches his Halloween fairy lights on, allowing me to see his face.

His hair is carefully dishevelled, beautiful inky feathers adorning his flawlessly milky skin. His cheekbones are accentuated in the light and his dark lashes cast a shadow across his now slightly pink cheeks and cute button nose. His lips are moist and innocent, as if he’s never been kissed.
His eyes tell the same story. Just by looking into the pools of hazel and green I can tell that he hasn’t experienced love. Before now at least. I can see in his eyes...pure emotion, pure love.

“You’re beautiful.” He says out of nowhere. I look down, blushing slightly, shaking my head.

“I think- I mean, you’re...I- you’re the most perfect person I’ve ever laid eyes on.” I don’t know where I got the courage to say that. He giggles adorably.

Gerard’s warm breath tickles my skin as he leans forward ever so slightly, causing goosebumps to scatter my body and a shiver to slide down my spine.

What Gerard does next causes my heart to flip out like a disabled river snake.

He crushes his lips to mine. It’s passionate, but urgent, as if he really is trying to prove himself to me, and to let me know how much I mean.

Eyes shut, our lips work together, his tongue grazing my lower lip as if asking for permission. I let him in with no hesitation. Gerard wraps his arms possessively around my body, making me feel safe and loved. Our tongues dance and I taste cinnamon, peppermint and cigarettes. Emotions burst out of me, my head spins and my heart thuds so hard I swear Gerard can hear it.

It’s a perfect first kiss, but it ends all too soon as he pulls away.

I just sit in absolute shock, doing my famous goldfish impression as I try to form words to no avail.

I can’t read Gerard’s expression but he suddenly looks hurt, confused and upset.
He looks up at me, eyes drowning in emotions which I’m finding impossible to read.
Gerard suddenly gets up and practically runs out of the room and down the stairs.

Am I that bad of a kisser?!
Does he not like me? What about the song? And the drawing?

Slam!

The noise of the door snaps me back to reality. I grab one of Gerard’s hoodies, thunder down the stairs, shove my feet into a pair of my shoes, possibly odd ones and I run out the door.
I need to find out what happened.

I need to find out what caused him to run out.

I need to find Gerard.
Sign up to rate and review this story