Categories > Original > Romance > Zahavah and The Fey

Chapter 2

by petewentzlover69 0 reviews

traveling

Category: Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Fantasy,Romance - Published: 2012-06-26 - Updated: 2012-06-27 - 1259 words

0Unrated
Nick traveled for months, going from state to state trying to find this beautiful mystery of a woman. Fans would swarm him daily, asking for pictures with him, autographs, but never the girl he had been dying to see. He searched all 50 states, spending a week in each one, searching every inch of the land. Not once did he find his beauty. Yet somehow, he felt as though she was near, watching him look for her, standing by him. In every photo he took with a fan, he felt her presence intensely close to his body, but not once did he actually see her.

She was there, though, just not visible to the average eye. She followed him everywhere he went, she stayed by his side day after day. She wanted to reveal herself, but she knew if she did she would cause more damage than anyone could possibly imagine. It could even start a war. That one night, at his concert, was an accident. She didn't mean to manifest herself in that way, but she couldn't contain her excitement enough to keep control over her cloaking abilities. She only wanted her voice to be heard over the screaming of the other girls, but instead she showed herself to him in full form. And trust and believe it was the biggest mistake she could have ever made. Not only did she get full punishment from her mother, but she was reprimanded by the Elder Fey. She was exiled from the kingdom for a full year, forced to leave her family and friends behind. That's why she's been following Nick, she had nothing else to do.

Nick gave up. He was tired of traveling. Soon he and the rest of the Backstreet Boys would be back in the studio and touring again soon after, so he needed his rest in his own bed in Malibu, California. He missed the cool Malibu air that blew through his sandy blonde hair as he drove the winding road up to his house. He missed the smell of the ocean circulating through every room in his house through his open windows. He missed home. Nick jumped into his bed and relaxed. He closed his eyes and sighed when her face was there in his thoughts but she wasn't with him. Well, so he thought. She was there. Standing at the foot of his bed, wishing she could say something, reveal herself, and confess her full-on obsession with the pop singer. But, she wouldn't. She couldn't. It wasn't allowed. No human could ever lay their eyes on a faerie or all hell would break loose.

Faeries were never supposed to be seen. Some humans did have the ability, however, but even they had special rules. Melissa Marr was one of the few. She published the set of rules in her novel, Wicked Lovely. Rule #3: Don't stare at invisible faeries. Rule #2: Don't speak to invisible faeries. And Rule #1: Don't ever attract their attention. If any of these rules were broken by a human with Sight, then it is possible that the human could die a very horrible, painful death.

Faeries had one rule that protected both species, humans and the fey: Never reveal yourself to humans. This rule applies to some faeries far more than others. Zahavah was one of those few. Zahavah was an Adorabella, one the most beautiful, loving, and most powerful and they are very rare to come by. An Adorabella faerie is born on the eve of a total penumbral eclipse, a very rare occurance in itself. Only when the moon is at its closest to the center of the Earth's Umbra can an Adorabella faerie be born. Zahavah was one of the few of these faeries in existence, and the only one of her time.

As Nick laid in his bed, eyes closed, thinking of the woman he had seen that one faithful night, Zahavah gazed adoringly at him. He felt her gaze, but as always she wasn't there. Suddenly an idea flew through his mind and he snatched his laptop off of the floor and raced to Twitter. Many fans posted their photos with him and had the feeling that, maybe, she would be in them. He searched through his mentions and opened every tweet with a picture of him and his fans in them. And sure enough, there she was, in the background or by his shoulders, staring lovingly up at his face. Nick smiled. He felt as though he had won a prize. But, why couldn't he see her with his own eyes? Why only in pictures? He was baffled.

The look of suprise on Nick's face made Zahavah curious as to what he was looking at. She sat next to him and looked over his shoulder at the pictures on the screen. And there she was. In every single picture. Boy was she screwed. No one ever warned her that she could be seen in photographs. She didn't think it was possible. She immediately stood, shocked, and ran out of the house, down the front steps to the beach. Fear, rage, confusion all coursed through her being and screamed out to the world. She screamed for her mother, hoping she would make a telepathic connection and find answers, but no one was there on the other side of her thoughts. Just a bunch of nothingness. Then she remembered the exile. She couldn't make contact with anyone in the kingdom, it was forbidden. Now she screamed in frustration. What was she going to do?

Nick heard a faint cry in the distance. At first he thought it was the wind. But he swore he heard a name being called. He shook it off and looked back down in amazement at the pictures before him. He stared, transfixed by how beautiful she was even in pictures. Until something jarred him back to reality. A scream, louder than anything he had heard before, followed by a loud clap of thunder. He raced to his window, only to find a sight he couldn't believe. There, in the middle of the beach, she stood, screaming at the now rigid waves, full of anger and rage. Her hair a blazing red color blowing angrily in the roaring wind. Rain started pouring from the sky as a storm fell overhead. And she was standing in the middle of it all. Just standing there. Nick's protective instincts took over. He jumped out of the window, hopped over the fence, and raced to her side. The rain soaked his clothing, but that was the least of his problems. He slowed as he approached her, and tapped her on the shoulder as he came within reach.

Zahavah turned to face whoever had touched her, and found herself staring into his bright blue, worry-filled eyes. Her eyes widened. He could see her. He touched her. He made contact. They were both screwed...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a little installment that I thought of. Spur of the moment update. I hope you guys like it. I really like where this is going too. Let me know what you think, if I should add anything. If there are spelling mistakes I need to fix or if something just doesn't seem right or is worded wrong of difficult to understand please let me know so I can fix it. All reviews are welcome. Especially constructive criticism. And if you feel like helping me with this please let me know what you would like to add or take away. :) Thanks for reading. R&R please :)
Sign up to rate and review this story