Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > No Heroes Allowed [Frerard]

Chapter 1

by StormVandal 3 reviews

Two years later, the first real superhero emerged in Chicago. His name was The Matador.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2012-06-28 - Updated: 2012-06-29 - 570 words

4Original
Hey guys, here's chapter one! I hope you enjoy it! FEEDBACK IN ANY FORM (reviews, concrit, ratings, whatever!) IS MUCH APPRECIATED! :)

Two years later, the first real superhero emerged. His name was The Matador. Frank and Gerard were ten.

They had an inherent fascination with The Matador from the first day he appeared on the news, having saved a young couple from a mugging. They were playing with their Batman action figures in Gerard's room when Mrs. Way appeared in the doorway and told them that a real-life superhero had surfaced in Chicago and did they want to come see him on TV?

They abandoned their action figures and raced downstairs, joining Mikey on the living room couch. They watched the television broadcast with wide eyes, listened intently to every word The Matador said to the reporter, and barely moved a muscle until the station had moved on to a story about an outbreak of salmonella. Then Gerard turned and looked at Frank, eyes sparkling with delight.

"Wow..." he said, seemingly lost for words.

"Yeah," Frank agreed. His face was hurting from smiling so big. "Wow..."

Mikey didn't say anything, but his face showed awe.

When Frank left Gerard's house that day, he had a feeling that his life had just been changed forever.

He tried to tell his mother about it when he got home, but she cut him off with a "Nonsense, Frank. That man is no superhero. He's a dangerous lunatic and I don't want to hear another word about it."

Frank kept his mouth shut, but he didn't understand. He'd thought everyone would be excited by the news, but his mother seemed not only dismissive, but rather disgusted.

The kids at school the next day were equally dismissive. Most of them didn't care, and the few who did said that The Matador was a fraud. Frank just didn't get it. Did nobody else have this feeling in their chest that this was the thing they'd been waiting for their whole life?

Well, Gerard did, and that much Frank understood. He also realized that Mikey had that feeling too, and so did Ray- Frank wasn't so sure how he knew about those two, he could just tell, he could see it in their eyes. And he could always tell with Gerard.

But he just didn't understand why no one else was excited. It was a real-life superhero! How could people be disinterested? And how could those who paid attention dislike him so much?

Hundreds of miles away in Washington D.C., a group of lawmakers had gathered. They were there to create Bill S-751.

But 10-year-old Frank Iero did not know that, and even if he had he would not have understood. He just continued watching television broadcasts about the heroic things The Matador was accomplishing in Chicago (at Gerard's house, in secret) and playing superhero in his red cape.

About 6 months later, Bill S-751 was passed almost unanimously, and suddenly The Matador was gone.

Frank did not understand. He didn't realize what S-751 was. He didn't know that The Matador had been arrested and locked up in a "secure research facility".

He didn't know that Bill S-751 banned the use of superpowers in "any vigilante action, regardless of the nature of that action."

But Gerard cried, and that Frank understood.

Chapter 2 will be up soon! Thanks for reading, and please let me know what you think!
Sign up to rate and review this story