Categories > Cartoons > Teen Titans > Aftermath Trilogy: To Ask and Be Answered

Chapter Two: Happiness...For the Moment...

by Slades_Downfall 0 reviews

Category: Teen Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2012-07-02 - Updated: 2012-07-03 - 986 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Two: Happiness...For the Moment...

Gar let a contented sigh escape his lips as he walked into his house. His wife wasn't home yet, and there were no crimes to call to his attention. Sighing again, he sat down at his computer. He began looking on the Internet at the news and there wasn't much going on. He shut off the computer, frustrated. "Well, that's great. That's just great, Beast Boy, what are you supposed to do now?"

"Now, Gar, why are you complaining?" Raven's voice asked, out of nowhere. He turned around, and saw her standing there. Gar let a small smile slip across his face.

"Hello," Gar whispered as he moved close to her. "Didn't know you were here. I thought you were gone."

"I went to work earlier. They don't need me now." Raven smiled slightly. "My sweet Gar, what do you want?"

"Oh, you should know," Beast Boy chuckled and kissed her cheek gently. "I love you, my sweet Angel." Beast Boy gently held her in his arms. "Come here," he pulled her into his arms and kissed her sweetly.

She slid into his embrace with ease and familiarity. "Have I told you how much I love you?"

"Yes,," he answered, his tone teasing, "How can I forget when you tell me every day?." They began kissing. Long, slow, passionate kisses. One filled with all the feelings they felt. Pouring all their emotions into one gesture of affection, they held each other for a long, long time.

Gently, Beast Boy moved Raven's body back towards the couch, as he continued kissing her. They fell into each other's arms. He gently stroked her hair, her face, and her shoulders, smiling. He rolled over so she was on top of him, intensifying his let himself savor the taste of her lips, reveling in the warmth of her body against his and he silently begged her for more. Losing themselves in the moment, they let their emotions take control from there.

Red X and John Thomson made their way towards the old abandoned warehouse that had once been the Iron Fist's headquarters. John felt queasy, it'd been a long time since he'd been back there. The place brought back memories. Bad memories. It was there that he failed Changeling. He'd been sent to rob the Brewer's Cafe, an easy job; but then he'd become reckless and he'd shot one of the workers.

Even worse, he'd been pursured by the mysterious Raven, who'd beat the living tar out of him. He'd barely managed to escape in one peice. But still, he'd failed. Changeling was too much of a perfectionist. For that, he hated him. He was far too demandeing, and those were almost impossible to meet.

Now he was there again, staring now at an abandoned, dilapidated building. He noticed that the door had been blown apart and it lay on the ground in shattered pieces.."Come," said Red X, "I have something to show you." John Thomson followed him down the long hallway to where Changeling's office had been. He turned and went into Changeling's room.

Before him was a bookshelf turned secret doorway revealing a hidden stairway. John followed Red X down the stairs until they reached the Trophy Room. Red X opened the door and he walked inside.

Among all the dusty, dilapidated items there was an old wallet laying on the grown. "So, where's Changeling?" he asked.

Red X picked up the wallet. "Do you see this driver's license?" he asked.

"Yes," John replied.

"This man is Gar Logan. He is Changeling."

"But Changeling's dead."

"So it would seem. Even though the "Changeling" part of him was destroyed, he is still the same person...And he's still alive."

"Tell me what you know," John demanded. "I want my vengeance!"

"All in good time." Red X assured him, "All in good time. You can't reveal yourself...yet."

"Why not?" John asked.

"Practical reasons. First, if you do reveal yourself, you'll tip off Gar Logan."

"Who's Gar Logan?"

"That's Beast Boy's real name. He's the one who became Changeling. He married a girl named Angel Anderson...and he still lives in Jump City as the Titan Beast Boy."

John nodded. "So, you want me to lay low?"

"Yes. Give them time to settle down. Let the Titans lower their guard. And then we'll strike with fury...and they won't know what hit them."

"So what should I do in the meantime?"

"Bring back the Iron Fist. We can revive them. The Titans can't find everyone. Build our strength...then we'll strike."

"Agreed." John Thomson looked around the room. "Let's get out of here." He stopped, picked up one of the uniforms that Changeling had collected. It was a strange design. A hideous Skull with yellow eyes and it was one of those things you saw in your worst nightmares.

"So, what will I call you?" Red X asked.

"Call me...Skull..." he found a great collection of assorted weapons. Knifes. illegal firearms and other things. "I will destroy Changeling...if it's the last thing I do."

Beast Boy sighed happily, his wife still in his arms. "Raven, do you think I deserve to be so happy?"

"Hmm?" Raven looked up at him.

"Do you think anyone deserves to be as happy as we are?"

"I don't know," she replied.

"But one thing I didn't deserve was to love you." Gar smiled, kissing her gently.

"Happiness is for a moment Gar...don't forget that," Raven gave him a smile.

"Then we'll make the moment last," Gar laughed and he helped her off the couch. Smiling, they both stared into each others eyes. Gar turned and walked away down the hall, accompanied by his wife who silently followed him. Little did they know that happiness indeed, did last for a moment. For in one year life would be turned upside down for both of them.
Sign up to rate and review this story