Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > From Under The Cork Tree

I Act Insane Because It Helps the Day Move Quicker

by moocow 2 reviews

Pete jumps off the roof and risks his chance of having kids. This chapter pretty much explains each of the charachters places in the story.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Humor, Romance - Published: 2006-07-08 - Updated: 2006-07-09 - 1410 words

0Unrated
Chapter 1- I Act Insane Because It Helps the Day Move Quicker

"PETE! Please don't," Lizzie shouted from where she stood outside in her backyard with the rest of the guys watching as Pete pranced around on her roof with a giant umbrella. It was July of 04', and it had been roughly five years since Lizzie had met Pete that day, under the cork tree. About a year into the friendship, they befriended a one Joseph Trohman, who was currently standing to her right, camera in hand. Threw Joe they met Patrick Stump, a shy and adorable little fellow that usually kept to himself, but was funny as hell when he opened up to them. Patrick ended up introducing them to Andrew Hurley, who was currently sitting in a lawn chair, looking up at his friend with pure confusion. Patrick was holding his hand to his forehead, not wanting to see the outcome of this crazy stunt. Lately, Pete had become bored so he decided to take the time to film some crazy things, including his friends. The boys were currently taking a break from doing local shows around the Chicago area, just to sit around and be, well, crazy. And being the guys' only and best friend around, Lizzie was always dragged into it. So currently, it was at her house, her roof and her trampoline.
"Lizzie, calm down, I got this all under control!" he laughed from where he stood and Lizzie just shook her head, running a hand threw her hair. Patrick laughed from beside her and she turned to see what he was laughing at.
"What's so funny Pat Pat?" she asked sweetly and he just shook his head, looking down.
"This is gonna be great, I just know it," Lizzie looked up again to see Pete standing wearing a suit top and then boxers, ready to jump. He licked one finger, thrusting it into the cloudy sky before smiling at the camera. With one swift move, Pete jumped off the high roof with the umbrella, aiming for the trampoline. The wind kicked in just in time to knock him forward a little. Andy gasped and the gang all winced as Pete missed the tramp and landed on the metal part, possibly ruining his chance at having kids. Hands went straight to his groin when he rolled off the trampoline and landed in the bushes, cursing violently.
"Oh my god," Joe laughed as he ran over to capture his face on tape. Patrick was now bent over, laughing so hard his cheeks were flushed and tears were slightly coming out of the corner of his eyes. Andy just shook his head, knowing it would happen and let a smirk develop on his face. Lizzie ran after Joe and looked down to see Pete on the floor, curled up like a cat, knees up to his chest, with hands in-between his legs. Laughing slightly, she kneeled down next to him and placed a hand on his shoulder.
"Petey, are you gonna be able to have kids again, or will we have to end up buying you a sex change operation?" she asked and watched as he whimpered, not having a comeback to shoot back.
"Dude, that was...hilarious!" Joe mentioned, turning the camera off. "Pat's still laughing," Pete just rolled flat on his back, running a hand over his face with one of his hands. Andy and Patrick arrived a few minutes later with smug smiles on their faces.
"Is Petey Wheaty ok?" Patrick asked in a baby voice. Still with a hand over his face, Pete raised his other hand and flipped him off.
"Aw, is the baby angry?" Andy asked this time and Pete just turned his head to Lizzie who was now sitting on her knees next to his face.
"Lizzie, can you kiss my boo-boo?" A gasp appeared on her face and she smacked his arm.
"Pete...you are desperate," Andy muttered and Lizzie gasped more.
"Thanks, Andy," she mumbled and he shrugged with a smirk.
"What?" Pete shook his head.
"I'm not the desperate type," Lizzie giggled.
"Boys like you, you try so hard to look not quite as desperate," Pete raised an eyebrow and grimly smiled.
"That was a good line there, Lizzie," Patrick took a seat on the trampoline and rolled around.
"I wish it would snow," he said randomly, as he neared the edge. Joe raised an eyebrow.
"It wont for another four or five months, Pat," he told him and Lizzie zoned out, thinking about the snow.
"I can trick her," Pete whispered, still lying on his back. Andy nodded and sat on the edge of the trap as Patrick looked over to see Lizzie staring off into space.
"Elizabeth, darling, will you give me a blow job?" Pete asked and Lizzie shook her head, snapping back into reality.
"Pete? Why do you need a snow job? I can't make snow appear with a flick of the wrist," Lizzie said with a questionable face. Pete smirked.
"No, no baby, I said blow job," Lizzie just rolled her eyes and moved to lie next to him, near the trampoline. Patrick giggled rolling over again, standing up and jumping. Andy's sitting body bounced along with him and it ended up with a game of "crack the egg" with Joe. Lizzie zoned out again, looking up at the sky that showed obvious signs of a storm. Pete rolled to his side to face her blue eyes blinking every so often and her hands hovering above her chest, messing with the ring on her finger. Pete raised an eyebrow and propped his head up with his hand and elbow, looking back down at her.
"You seem to zone out a lot lately, Lizzie," he told her and she blinked hard, out of her thoughts.
"Just wondering, about the future," she whispered and Pete nodded.
"Like what?" the sound of the springs to the trampoline was all he heard as Lizzie took her time answering.
"What's gonna happen if you guys make it big? Will I be standing backstage ready to hug you guys after every show like I do know, or will I be stuck here in Wilmette, lonely and forgotten by my boys?" she seemed more serious than normal and Pete sighed.
"I have to be honest and tell you I have no idea. I'd rather go with fate than try and explain something that hasn't happened yet," Lizzie slowly nodded.
"I get it, I guess," she sat up and peered her head over the tramp where she saw the feet of the other three bouncing around.
"Are you guys gonna stay tonight? It's gonna rain, and maybe storm within the next half hour. We could chill in the basement all night," Joe stopped bouncing and nodded his head.
"I love slumber parties at Lizzie's place!" Patrick laughed and nodded as well.
"I'll call Sierra over so it will be better when we play our childish games," Lizzie said, looking at Patrick. He blushed and looked away.
"Awww, Patrick likes Sierra," Andy cooed and Joe smiled poking his friend.
"Stop..." he swayed from side to side like he was a little kid. "Lizzie, make them stop," Lizzie shook her head.
"Patrick, its true...I'll have to arrange so that you guys get seven minutes in heaven together," Patrick stood with a shocked look on his face, looking a bit flustered.
"Can we have BLT's?" Pete spoke up, peeking over the trampoline as well. "Cause we got a tomato right there," he pointed over to Patrick who was now pouting with his arms crossed over his chest.
"Fine, I like Sierra, get off my case!" he jumped off the tramp and looked up to get hit on the nose by a raindrop. The sound of thunder erupted and it started pouring. They all ran into the house and Lizzie laughed as everybody's hair dropped.
"Do you guys need some clothes? There are still some left from when my brother lived here," she asked as she directed them all upstairs. They disappeared down the hall, the carpet making squishy noises under their feet. After a quick change and an even quicker phone call to Sierra, she made her way downstairs to see the guys lounging about and munching on cookies. Lizzie plopped down next to Pete and grabbed the cookie that was headed for his mouth.
"Hey," he said as she munched on it.
Sign up to rate and review this story