Categories > Cartoons > Teen Titans > Aftermath Trilogy: To Ask and Be Answered

Arrival

by Slades_Downfall 0 reviews

Category: Teen Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2012-07-02 - Updated: 2012-07-03 - 1510 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Eleven: Arrival

Quick Sticky: Aqualad's real name is Garth. Aqualad has changed his name to Tempest.

Four Months Later...

Warm sunshine and cool breezes were all that came of a leisurely fall season as Nightwing and Starfire prepared happily for their wedding. The months seemed to fly by so fast that Dick Grayson could barely remember what day it was. Crime was down, and he had requested that the Titans East come and help keep things under control. Aqualad had happily complied, being close friends with Beast Boy and Nightwing; he immediately came when he heard about Nightwing's engagement to Starfire.

"So, Aqualad, you really don't mind doing this?" Nightwing asked his old friend as they stood together on the roof of Titans Tower.

"No, really I don't mind. I should congratulate you about your engagement to Starfire." Aqualad smiled. "Besides, it gives me a chance to see some old friends."

Starfire walked up onto the roof. Seeing Aqualad, she smiled. "So good to see you again Garth."

"Starfire, uh Kori Ander, so nice to see you and your groom-to-be," he sized them up. "Well, you two do make a good couple." They all laughed.

"So how are Speedy and Mas y Menos? I suppose they have everything under control." Nightwing said.

"Yes, they do. And they're doing just fine. In fact, they plan on coming to the wedding."

"Really?" Starfire asked. "Well, the place is going to be quite full."

"Why?"

"Well, Kori has invited many Tamaranian friends to come and celebrate with her. Along with us and a number of Justice League members including Batman, that church is going to be packed like sardines."

"Well, that will be quite interesting," Garth smiled.

"So what is this thing about you having a name change?" Nightwing asked.

"Well, you see, I'm not exactly a boy any more. And Aquaman rules Atlantis and I can't use that so I plan to change my name to Tempest."

"Ah quite fitting you now have the ability to control the temperature of water. We heard that your telepathic ability to communicate with marine life was lost to you. We are glad that...you have found another gift." Nightwing's voice was filled with sympathy.

"I know. At least I can still help you guys." He smiled, changing the troubling subject. "So, what's this I hear about Beast Boy and Raven? A baby? Is it true?"

"Yes, it's quite true and you can turn around and see her if you want proof!" Starfire laughed aloud as Garth turned around to see a smiling Raven and Beast Boy staring at him.

"Hey, hey old friend! How are you, Dude?" Beast Boy asked, reverting briefly back to his old way of speaking when he was a teenager. "It's so good to see you."

"Hi Beast Boy. What's this I hear about a baby?" Aqualad asked.

"He'll be here any day now." Beast Boy smiled.

"I hear you call yourself Tempest now." Raven gave him a smile. "I'm sorry to hear about what happened to you."

"Ah, don't worry about me. It was all for the best." Aqualad now known to his friends as Tempest said.

"If you insist, old buddy," Beast Boy smiled.

Nightwing, Tempest, Beast Boy, Starfire and Raven all made their way back into the Tower. Cyborg smiled, looking up from his computer. "Aqualad! How are you?" He stood up, giving his old friend a handshake.

"I'm fine, Cyborg. It's good to see you again." Tempest smiled. "They call me Tempest now."

"Well, it's good to have you here. Where'd Raven go?"

"She went to bed if you must know. She'll tell us if anything's wrong." Beast Boy explained.

Raven was resting in her room when she felt the pain come. She grabbed her communicator. "Beast Boy, I'm in labor! Get me to the hospital, now!!"

Beast Boy, Nightwing, Cyborg, Starfire and Tempest all came running to Raven's room. Beast Boy noticed how pale she looked and she was very tense as he picked her up, carrying her as fast as his legs could carry him to the T-Car. Cyborg was hot on his heels, with the others jumping in and strapping on seatbelts as fast as they could.

Raven moaned softly. "Are you going to be alright?" Beast Boy asked.

"Just get me to the hospital," Raven grunted before letting out another moan. To make room for Tempest, Robin jumped on the R-Cycle while Starfire flew so Beast Boy and Raven could be in the back seat.

They drove as fast as they could. Cyborg floored it and pushing his wonderful 'baby' to the max, they made it to the hospital in a record five minutes. Cyborg and Beast Boy helped Raven out of the car while Beast Boy ran in to call for a doctor. They immediately brought her in and placed her on a hospital bed.

Beast Boy was there with her, telling her she'd be okay and that it would be over soon. Well, soon was an understatement. It was many long hours before the baby finally arrived. When Beast Boy walked out into the waiting rooms his friend's stared at his right hand.

"What happened to your hand?" Tempest asked. "It looks like someone crushed it."

"She practically did," Beast Boy said as best he could, laughing a little.

"How is she? And the baby?" Starfire asked.

"Come with me and see," he smiled at his friends. "And please be very quiet. I don't want to bother her. She's very tired."

"I understand," Starfire whispered softly. They all filed silently into the room. Starfire let out a small gasp. "Oh, he's beautiful!"

Indeed he was. He seemed to be a combination of Beast Boy and Raven. He had a normal skin tone, like his father, but there was a part of him that came from Raven, his deep violet hair. He had Beast Boy's pointy ears, but they just made him look all the more adorable. But that was Starfire's opinion anyway.

"Aw!" Nightwing, Cyborg, Tempest and Nightwing all said at the sight of the baby.

"He's sweet!" Cyborg smiled. Nightwing looked at Raven.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

"I'm fine," Raven replied softly. "I'm just exhausted."

"So what's his name?" Tempest asked.

"His name is...Mark Alexander Logan." Raven replied. "We named him after Gar Logan's Father, his name was Mark."

"I see," Tempest smiled. "I'm happy that it all went well."

"At least you're alright," Beast Boy placed an arm around her shoulder.

"When will they let you check out?" Starfire asked.

"As soon as the nurse tells me I can, I'll go home," Raven smiled. Just then, her doctor and the nurse walked in.

"Well, Angel, you're looking healthy, and the baby looks fine. We'll let you go in a day or two."

"That's great," Raven whispered. Beast Boy morphed into a kitten and crawled up onto her lap.

"Uh, there aren't supposed to be any animals in here," the doctor said in a somewhat awkward tone-of-voice.

"That's my husband," Raven said. "He can transform himself into different animals."

"I understand," the doctor replied. "We'll I'll let you rest." He and the nurse turned to leave. "If you need me, then just call."

"Thank you doctor, I will," Angel Logan settled back into the hospital bed.

"Well, I guess we better go. I need to get back to the Tower." Nightwing left with Starfire and the others. Only Beast Boy remained behind, kneeling beside his wife, stroking her head, gazing intently at the baby.

"Beast Boy," Raven whispered softly.

"What, my Angel?" Beast Boy asked.

"Did I do okay?" Angel whispered.

"Yes, you did just fine, althoughI think youcrushed my hand,"he replied.

"I can fix that," Raven whispered softly. "Azarath, Metrion, Zinthos," and her aura surrounded his hand, healing it.

"Thank you.When we get home, we'll put the baby in his new room, and then you should get some rest."

"I agree with that, but I want to keep him near me for now." Raven whispered. Garfield Logan wrapped his arm around her shoulder. Angel rested her head on his shoulder, falling into a deep sleep.

Arriving at their comfortable home in the middle of the bustling Jump City, Garfield and Angel Logan walked into the living room carrying their newborn son. Quietly whispering soothing words to young baby Mark, Angel told him that he was fine and that he was coming to his new home.

"Go on, put him in the crib," Garfield whispered. "Get some rest."

"I know. Good night, Gar." Angel whispered.

"Good night, my Love," Gar replied. "Good night, little Mark." Gently stroking his son's forehead, he continued, "So nice to have you here. At last. My son has entered the world."

He exited the room while Raven fed the baby. Then, when she was finished, he came in the room. Changing into nightclothes, they climbed into bed, pulling the covers over them; Beast Boy gently rested his wife against his shoulder, they both fell asleep after a long hard experience.
Sign up to rate and review this story