Categories > Cartoons > Teen Titans > Aftermath Trilogy: To Ask and Be Answered

To Ask and Be Answered

by Slades_Downfall 0 reviews

Category: Teen Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2012-07-02 - Updated: 2012-07-03 - 1438 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Ten: To Ask and be Answered

Author's Note: This is not and I repeat is NOT the last chapter in the story. I plan to add at least two or three more chapters so don't think that this is over. Also, I plan a sequel to this story that will be Cyborg/Jinx pairing so all people who wish Cyborg had a girlfriend can breathe a sigh of relief.

Things returned to normal faster than Nightwing thought possible. Soon, all the Iron Fist thugs who had survived the Titans onslaught were behind bars where they belonged. The streets of Jump City were once again safe for its citizens. Everything was normal. Almost.

There was still one thing on his mind. Starfire. He didn't know how to ask her the most important question anyone could ask someone else. Nightwing sighed, staring out the window of Titans Tower. Cyborg walked into the room.

"What's up?" he asked.

"Nothing much," replied Nightwing.

"When you gonna pop the question?"

"Huh? What question?"

"You know, ask Starfire to /marry /you."

"Oh, that...I honestly don't know when," sighing, Nightwing frowned.

"She's been waiting forever for you to ask."

"How do you know?"

"She's told me."

"And she's never told me."

"You need to ask her."

"I know."

"When are you gonna do it?"

"Tonight, I plan to ask her after dinner."

"Where you takin' her?"

"The Brewers Cafe."

"Raven won't be there, will she?"

"No. Beast Boy's insisting she get bed rest after what happened with her being hit by Skull. He wants to make sure the baby's alright."

"Oh, I wonder how they are."

"There probably just fine."

Meanwhile, at the Logan house, Raven stared out of her window from her bedroom. "I'm just fine, Gar. I'm well enough to go to work."

"I know /you're /fine, but what about /our son/. I want to make sure you /both /are okay. Besides, I've already called in and informed them that you're not coming in." Garfield Logan gave his angry wife a smile, standing behind her.

"You didn't have to do that, Garfield! I can take care of myself-!" She felt his warm lips press against hers, cutting off her words. Startled, she stopped speaking as he embraced her gently, not wanting to press to hard against her swollen belly. His fingers gently stroked her face, entangling them with her hair. His kiss became deeper until he pulled away, breathless. He smiled again.

"Oh," she murmured softly. "I suppose you've changed my mind about going to work." Raven pulled him in as close as she could. Kissing him, she smiled quietly. "Come here, sweetheart."

"Good. Because I've needed to spend some time with you."Garfield smiled as Raven embraced him, pulling him on top of her as she softly fell on the bed.

"Comfortable?"

"Yes. Very."

"Good. I intend to keep it that way."

"That's what I thought." Gar smiled, quietly pulling the covers around them both. "Four more months and he'll be here." He silently stroked her belly, causing her to sigh under his touch.

"Have you thought of names?" Gar asked.

"Not yet. I'll think of something."

"How 'bout Mark?"

"Mark?" Raven asked.

"It was my Father's name. It's a way I'll always have a piece of my parent's with me."

"Maybe...I think and see if I can come up with anymore. Right now, it's time for the two of us to relax and enjoy each other's company. And by the way, I'm going in tonight to serve Dick and Kori their dinner."

"Please Angel, seriously. Think about the baby!" Gar protested.

"I /am /thinking about the baby. And I know this won't be too much for me."

"Well I don't really like the idea of you working," Beast Boy scowled.

"Well maybe this'll change your mind." Raven kissed him deeply.

"I definitely agree with that. Your Aare good at changing my mind." Beast Boy replied. Leaning in, they kissed again. And things went from there as they held each other in a warm, tender embrace.

Nightwing stood at Starfire's doorway, a bit nervous, he shifted slightly. Knocking, he waited for the door to open. He let out a sigh of relief as Starfire opened the door. "Richard, I knew you would come."

"Yes, and so here I am. Do you mind if we walk to the Brewers?" Nightwing asked.

"Would mind if we did," Kori smiled. Taking his arm in hers, they began strolling quietly down the sidewalk, taking in the sights and sounds of a now peaceful Jump City.

"Kori," Dick began quietly. "I have something I need to tell ask you."

"What would that be Dick?" Kori Anders asked softly.

"I can't tell you yet. I will after dinner," Dick replied.

"Will Angel be there tonight?"

"No, Gar's insisting she get bed rest. He's really worried about the baby."

"I understand, but I had hoped to see her tonight."

"Well we'll probably see them later," Dick reassured her. "I'm sure they won't mind if we stop by their house. "Well, here we are," he stopped in front of the Brewers Cafe. "After you, Kori Ander." He opened the door and they went inside.

To his surprise, Angel Logan stood happily waiting for them, smiling. "Hey guys."

"What are /you /doing here? I thought Gar insisted you get bed rest." Nightwing asked, frowning.

"I convinced him to let me come. So can I get you anything?" Angel asked them. Not holding a menu or looking like a waitress, she stood by smiling.

"Ah, just get us the usual," Kori Ander replied before Dick could say anything.

"Same here," Dick said, smiling at Angel. "You know, it's really weird having you wait on us."

"I'm used to it. This is what I used to do, remember?"

"Yeah."

"I'll get you your food," Raven smiled, leaving them alone. She walked back to the kitchen, giving the cook their order. It was quickly and expertly prepared and soon Raven watched her friends eat and laugh happily.

They talked long into the night, often reminiscing about the past, but shying away from talk of the future. Finally, they were finished and Raven came and took their empty plates away. "It's on me," she told them and they thanked her for it.

Raven walked away as Nightwing looked intently at Starfire. She returned his gaze. "So, what was it that you wanted to ask me about tonight?"

"You said once, a long time ago, that perhaps you would find a husband here on earth?"

"Yes, Dick. Why are you asking me this?"

"Because I want to ask you something..." Dick paused and stood up. He moved in front of Starfire and knelt down. He handed her a small box. She gasped as she opened it.

"Kori Ander, you know I love you. I've loved you for 10 years now and I've never had enough nerve to ask you this question...until now. Starfire, Kori Ander...will you marry me?"

Starfire gasped. Some of the patrons looked up from their meal to see what was going on. She looked quietly at the young man kneeling before her. Her mind drifted back to the time she'd gone into the future a long time ago, and how he'd become Nightwing. In that timeline, she was not there, but she was there now, and this was her chance to be with him forever. She would not give that up. Besides, how could she refuse the man she'd loved for over 10 years?

"Dick...of course I will marry you...This is something that I have always wanted!" Tears of joy streaming down her face, she pulled him to his feet, embracing him has he covered her face with soft, sweet kisses.

"You don't know how much this means to me." Nightwing held her softly. There was a rousing round of applause from the cafes patrons as they cheered the now engaged couple.

"So when will we set a date?" Dick asked.

"I don't know. We need to give Raven time to have her baby and get settled."

"Six months, maybe?"

"Yes, I think that will do just fine. Raven's baby is due in four and that gives them two months to settle down."

"I like the sound of that." Dick leaned in close, kissing her gently. "So we're agreed?"

"Yes, I should say we are," Kori Ander smiled.

"Come on, I'll take you home." Dick Grayson took Kori Ander's hand in his as they walked out into the night. A new chapter was beginning for them, and the future looked bright for them both as they parted ways.
Sign up to rate and review this story