Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Opposites Attract

Chapter 1: The Awkward Ways We Meet

by Lillith_Thursday 0 reviews

Brendon and Kerri have a run-in...

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2006-07-09 - Updated: 2006-07-09 - 1542 words

0Unrated
I can remember it like it was just yesterday.

Flash Back

Brendon's P.O.V

I can't believe that Audrey and I couldn't make it as a couple. It just felt so right but now she's gone and I don't think I'll ever be able to love another girl for as long as I'm alive. She meant the world to me! How could she do this to me?

I put my sun glasses on and got up from my chair in the hotel lobby.

Today was going to be one of the hardest days in my life. Getting over Audrey and trying to survive the summer heat of the Atlanta sun. The temperature wasn't as hot as Vegas but the humidity made it feel hotter than it was and it was killing me. My band and I were supposed to be helping to judge what new bands that would be added to the label. Just today was 25 bands to try out and I bet half of them don't even know what in the hell they're doing. I don't really feel like doing this today. I just have so much to think and worry about.

I begin walking towards the revolving door to find my band mates and go over today's plans.

There have been hundreds of girls past me today and I'm surprised that none of them have said anything to me yet. I get half way to the door and I hear a scream. I spoke too soon.

"Oh my God, It's Brendon Urie!" They rush over to me as I turned around.
"I'm sorry ladies; I can't sign autographs or take pictures right now." I sighed.
"Aww." The sighed simultaneously and walked off.

As I turned back around, someone ran into me.

"You need to watch where you're going you stupid bitch." I yelled at her.

The girl looked at me then just turned back around and mumbled.

I turned around to give her a piece of my mind but she was gone. I walked outside and got into my car to meet the others. God, this is going to be a long day.

Kerri's P.O.V

I drove into the parking lot of my parent's hotel. Today was my day to pay for my band's meals. Everyone agreed that they didn't want the room service or what was in the cafeteria so I went out and bought us something from this quaint little restaurant in town. I was so excited to be trying out for the label this afternoon. Hell, we were all excited. I just can't wait to introduce myself to Panic! At The Disco, especially Brendon. I bet he is the nicest person in the world. I mean just judging by his goofy personality and his little facial expressions that he does. He is so attractive though. Oh how I just wish that I could make him mine. I know I can't but it's alright to imagine isn't it? Besides, he probably has a girlfriend and she's a hell of a lot prettier than me. I have a huge grin on my face as I walk in though the revolving door. I walked a couple of steps and to my surprise, there he was, the object of my affection. Brendon Urie. What in the hell is he doing here? Shouldn't he be with Ryan, Spencer, and Jon. I try to walk past him without him noticing. I don't want to sound like a teeny and be like: "Lyke, Oh. My. Gawd! It's lyke Brendon Urie from Panic! Can I lyke have ur autograph and lyke stuff? Becuz, ur lyke so hOtT."
I tried to move so I wouldn't run into him because he's not paying attention to where he's walking.

"You need to watch where you're going you stupid bitch." He yelled at me.

Whoa, what the hell is his problem? He ran into me.

"Freakin' retard..." was all I could mutter under my breath. I don't know if he heard me though. I can't believe someone I thought was the perfect person in the world was this vulgar, ill mannered boar of a person. I decided to not confront him and just kept walking until I reached the elevator.

My elevator reached my floor and I walked down the hall to the rooms that my friends and I were sharing. I knocked on the door closest to me. Rachel opened the door as I walked though the frame work and handed Kaci the food in the bag. "Here's your guys' food." I flopped down on the bed. By that time everyone was looking at me.

"What's wrong?" Andrea asked concerned.
"Well, you know in the Panic! song it says " It seems the artists these days are not who you think?"
"Yeah."
"That's exactly it."
"What do you mean?" Jennifer asked overhearing the conversation while coming though the door connecting the rooms. Sarah followed after her.
" Let's just say that I ran into Brendon Urie. Or rather he ran into me."
"How did he run into you." Kaci inquired.
"Well, I was just getting the food like I said I would and I came in though the lobby. Brendon just wasn't watching where he was going."
"What did he say."
"Do you have to know everything, Rachel?"
She shook her head and smiled.
" I shouldn't have even asked. I should have known the answer."
"Well?"
"He called me a stupid bitch."
"That Brendon has some nerve!"
"He didn't even say he was sorry."
"He should have."
"I know Andrea, I know. But you guys do remember that we are on the list to perform for the label today at noon don't you?"
"Oh yeah." Rachel smiled. " But what are you gonna do about it?"
"What do you mean me? I'm saying that we should give him a taste of his own malicious medicine."
"How?" Rachel asked.
"In song."
"What song?"
"I was thinking along the lines of a New Found Glory song."
"You don't mean the one with..." Andrea raised an eyebrow.
"Yes, the one about the letter."
"Arrg. You and your letters, Kerri." Kaci said jokingly.
"I know." I grin. "But it does make sense for this situation."
"True." Rachel replied "But what if they ask for a second song?"
"Then we'll give them another song."
"And that would be?"
"Over The Head, Below The Knees."
"You're terrible Kerri, you know that?" Andrea said.
"Yeah, I do but hey, you gotta get your point across somehow. Right?" I asked lightheartedly as I smiled.
"Which should we do first?" Kaci asked.
"Over The Head..."
"Alrighty then. When are you going to write the letter to him?" Sarah asked.
"Well, give me some stationary and a pen and I'll do it now."
"I hope to God, you know what you've doing, Kerri." Rachel said with slight concern.
"Don't worry, I got it all planned out in my head."
"I sure hope so."

With that, Sarah handed me the pen, stationary, and unaddressed envelope. Brendon Urie sure doesn't want to mess with Kerri Cranes.

Brendon's P.O.V

I got out of my car and Ryan was standing outside leaning against the wall with his arms crossed. As I approached him, he remove himself of his pose.

"Where, the hell have you been?!"
"I was thinking about Audrey again."
"Man, face it. She's gone." He said to me as we walked into the building."
"I don't want her gone though, Ry."
"I know you don't but if you think of it this way, what relationship doesn't end sooner or later. I mean, when people are married, one has to die before the other right?"
I shrugged.
"You know I'm right."
"Yeah you are." I said as we sat down in the chairs in the office.
"What's wrong with him?" Spencer nodded his head toward Brendon.
"He misses Audrey is all."
"No, that's not all!" Brendon interrupted.
"What is it then?" Jon asked looking at Brendon funny.
"All these rude girls just asking for autographs and running into me."
"Well, that comes with the fame, Bren. But what do you mean 'run into' you?" Ryan asked sympathetically.
"This girl has the nerve to run into me on purpose as I was leaving to come over here."
"What would make her do that?" Spencer asked.
"I don't know. Maybe she just wanted attention from me or something but that's not how you go about doing it."
"Did you stop to think that maybe you ran into her?" Ryan asked trying not to sound rude.
"No, why would I do that?!"
"Maybe you weren't watching where you were going. You have the tendency to do that every once in a while."
"Shut up Ryan!"
"Relax. I was just offering a suggestion."
"Well, it isn't helping!" Brendon snapped back. "Now lets just get down to the business at hand here." he said annoyed.

The label workers came into the door as Brendon finished his sentence.
"Alright gentlemen, let's get this train rollin'" one of them said. "There are a lot of bands trying out and we need to get all the info straightened out in these portfolios before this afternoon."

Panic! and the label sat down and began working on the portfolios.
Sign up to rate and review this story