Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Lethal Force

Chapter Nine

by anonymowriter 3 reviews

Lieutenant Sexy deals with the aftermath of his decision and Private Pretty Boy has to deal with a horrid accident.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2012-07-14 - Updated: 2012-07-14 - 1755 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 9

A few days passed and I had stayed far away from Sexy. I couldn’t sleep; I couldn’t eat. Hell, I could barely breathe. Whenever I caught sight of him, I felt my heart tear. It was a full week before I could walk like a normal person. Everyone kept asking what was wrong with me, but I always changed the subject. I didn’t want to think about it; I didn’t want to think about him.

After a few weeks, the male he’d been cheating on me approached me, “Ryan…” I winced hearing my first name. I’d never given him permission to use it in the first place. I slowly looked at him and he continued, “I know what he did to you. And I know you don’t want to think about it. But he feels guilty…”

I scoffed, “You think I care that he feels guilty? It’s a little too late for that. I want him dead, you hear me? I want him to not exist anymore. That’s how much I hate him. I used to love sex. Now? The very idea of it makes me cringe. I know that it feels good, but I don’t want it now. I don’t know how long it’ll be before I want it again.”

“At least talk to him. Let him apologize…”

“No,” I practically cut him off, “He doesn’t deserve to apologize. I don’t want to see him, crying or otherwise. He can rot in hell for all I care. I’d rather see him dead than alive. I’d rather see him buried six feet under in a coffin than alive and somewhere near me, even if it’s within 100 miles of me. So I know he sent you. But tell him that he fucked up and I never want to see his sorry face ever again.”

“Okay… He told me to try.”

“I don’t even give a shit. I hate him and I don’t think he can comprehend how much I hate him. So I want you to tell him this exactly, word for word: You can rot in hell for all Ryan cares. He hates your guts. He never wants to see you ever again for the rest of his life. If you die, he’ll be happy,” I paused, “Okay? Now scram,” he pursed his lips and turned, but I continued, “Are you two together?”

“No,” he turned his head to me.

“Why?”

“Because I don’t want to be with a guy if he cheats on someone else.”

“Good.”

He turned and left, leaving me by myself. I really did hate Slut and I really did want him dead. I wanted to see his name on a tombstone. I’d leave him flowers… rotten flowers. He deserved it!

Brendon’s POV

Why did you do it? Why did you do it? Why did you do it? Think, Brendon! You had to have a reason! Nothing came to mind. I was so stupid. I was just so angry that he was mad at me. I really didn’t think he had a right to be! I had my reasons for being with that guy. I’m really bad at being alone. I can’t have no one. I think that’s why I did what I did to Private Pretty Boy.

I had no one and he wouldn’t take me. He was the only one I wanted, so I… I did it. I regret it so much. I couldn’t do anything about it. I sent Tom in to talk to Pretty Boy, but I knew it would fail. I had a feeling he wouldn’t be able to get my message across, but I had to try.

When Tom came back and told me ‘this is what he said verbatim’, I knew I was screwed. He was never going to take me back, not that I deserved it or anything. I wanted him back because he meant the world to me. But I obviously didn’t mean the world to him anymore. He hated me and there was nothing I could do about it. At least he might have listened to me before… But now, after what I did? There was no way he’d even look at me. I messed up big time.

Just because life likes to shit on everyone, we were put on a troop together to fight side by side in battle. I knew that this wasn’t the place to talk to him, but it was my only chance, “Pret—”

“That’s Private Ross to you,” he growled at me. Wow, he was really angry at me, wasn’t he? Well, he did have a right to be, I know. But I had never felt such hatred coming from one person. If I died, he wouldn’t try to save me. He’d be the one person telling everyone not to advance, that it was a surprise attack and I couldn’t be saved. That would be him.

When I realized talking to him would only land me glares and growls, I decided it was probably not best. We were about to advance, but I stopped them all and turned to them, “Alright, before we advance into enemy territory, here’s the plan… One of the privates will run in, sly and sleek, and give us a signal if it’s safe,” I looked around, “Private—”

“I’ll do it,” Pretty Boy spoke up. What? No! What if he got killed? He was the ONE private in my troop that I cared if he lived or died. Wow, that sounds morbid as fuck. Whatever. I slowly looked over at him and he continued, “I’m small, I’m fast, I’m strong. I can do it.”

“Alright, everyone take their places. When it’s safe, gi—”

“Give you the signal, I know. I don’t need to be told twice,” and off he went. I winced at the tone of his voice. What if he died? I couldn’t just tell him no because then everyone would suspect something was going on. That would be really bad. Once he was off in the battlefield, he hid and gave us all a signal. Everyone started advancing. I was in the back to make sure everyone got there safely.

Before I knew it, I felt a sharp pain in my back and I screamed, falling to my knees. I could barely breathe as I collapsed to the ground, my vision going black.

Ryan’s POV

Okay, so yes I hated Slut with a fiery passion, but I did still love him. Shut up. I know it’s stupid. I wish I didn’t, but I did. When I heard him scream, I moved from the rest of the privates and cocked my gun. I shot the man that stabbed him and turned to the others, “Stay here,” and I ran off.

I took Sexy into my arms and whispered, “Brendon… Brendon! Open your eyes! Breathe! Do something!” when I didn’t get anything, I was beginning to panic. No, he couldn’t die. He couldn’t leave me like that! Well, fuck. I was supposed to hate him, wasn’t I? And I wanted him to die. But not like this… Now, all of a sudden, I loved him more than I ever had and I wished to GOD that I had never gotten mad at him.

I may lose him and the last thing he remembers is me telling him not to call me Pretty Boy. This was bad, so very bad. I couldn’t do this to him. I refused to let him die. I grabbed the walkie talkie on his waist and pressed the button, “This is Private Ross, paging to Sector 3. Over.”

I quickly got a response, “This is Sector 3. What can I do for you, Private Ross? Over.”

“Lieutenant Urie has been stabbed in the back. I need some backup to get him to the infirmary…” I paused, “NOW. Over.”

“Reinforcements on the way. Over and out.”

I placed the radio back on his uniform and leaned over, putting my ear to his back. At least he was breathing and I could hear his heart. I didn’t know what else to do. Taking the knife out wasn’t a good idea. It could damage something. And I couldn’t deal with him dead. I didn’t want him dead.

Slowly tears started to fall from my eyes. No, no, no. He couldn’t die. He really couldn’t. Not like this. I was in the fucking army, I shouldn’t be crying over someone that might die. Things like this happen all the time. But dammit, no one else is in love with him! And someone has to care… It just so happens that it had to be me. Why did I have to be the one to fall in love with him? Why did I have to be the one to care about him? Fuck!

Soon enough, reinforcements came and we all went down to the infirmary. They wouldn’t let me go with him. They had to treat him without me. I kept saying no, I kept telling them that I had to be there with him. I had to see him when he woke up. When he woke up. He would. I wouldn’t let him die. I wouldn’t let them let him die. They kept pushing me back until I was finally forced down into a seat and told to calm down.

It was hours before the doctor came to me, “We have good news and bad news… Which would you like first…?” he didn’t sound happy. Did he die? Oh my god, he died…

“Good?” I offered, crossing my fingers behind my back. If he was dead, I’d regret everything I said to him in the last few days for the rest of my life…

---

A/N: Sorry for the delay! I've been so busy with work and a social life that I really hadn't had a chance to write! But I'm quitting my job, so that leaves me with a lot more time to write. :P I am updating EVERYTHING today. And I mean EVERYTHING. Remember: Five reviews equals an update!
A/N 2: I'm changing it to three instead of five. Five is kinda overkill.
Sign up to rate and review this story