Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > From Under The Cork Tree

Who's That?

by moocow 4 reviews

The boys get what they wanted, with a little help from Lizzie. They all are thankful and Pete instantly feels the pressure of writing a album. Lizzie helps out, as much as she can.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!!] [?] - Published: 2006-07-09 - Updated: 2006-07-10 - 1947 words

0TrainWreck
Chapter 3- Who's That?

"My pen is the barrel of the gun; remind me what side you should be on"
Lizzie smiled for the thousandth time the next afternoon. She always was around when Peter wrote and today, he was writing a lot of new things.
"It's great, Pete," she said threw a smile.
"Thanks babes," Lizzie raised an eyebrow.
"Babes?" she asked and Pete smirked from his work.
"Just trying out a new nickname, ever since I started calling you Lizzie, everybody copied me, so I think we've been friends long enough that I can call you babes," Lizzie shook her head as he wrote down some more lyrics.
"No need for the speech, Pete," Lizzie was sitting next to the piece of paper he was doodling on, her legs hanging off the desk and her hands by her thighs.
"Can you be some of my inspiration?" Pete looked up from his messy handwriting and up at Lizzie who was looking at the poster across the room.
"Pete, you can't ask somebody for inspiration, you have to draw it out from them," Lizzie spoke looking back down at him.
"What day is today?" he suddenly asked drawing a little stick figure on the side of the paper. Lizzie giggled.
"It's Saturday, you should know, you have a show tonight," Pete nodded his head and hunched over the paper again.
Ah, there is just something so amazing about watching Pete write those words...they are going to be famous some day, I know it.
Lizzie smiled as Pete leaned back and handed her the paper.
"Saturday, when these open doors were opened ended..."
Smiling, she looked back at Pete who was playing with the pencil and looking up at her with hope.
"So, do you like it?" he asked and Lizzie smiled, yet again.
"I love everything you write, Pete," she blushed a little and watched as he smiled and grabbed the paper back.
"Something about today is different, like...doors are being opened," he mumbled placing his pencil down and leaning back in the office chair, hands behind his head.
"Tonight may be the night, should I stand by the bar too woo anybody that might be from a record company?" Lizzie asked, swinging her legs. Pete nodded his head.
"That would be awesome of you, Lizzie," Lizzie just play screamed as Pete scooped her up and twirled her around.

Sitting there, Lizzie silently stirred her Dr. Pepper watching as the boys set up their stage for their 45 minutes of fame. Lizzie let Pete's words get to her head. Something did feel different about tonight, like something big namely a record deal was going to happen. Smiling she saw Pete observing the crowd and look at her sitting in the first barstool that over looked the stage. He waved once and blew a kiss before retreating backstage again. A cold brush of air surrounded her and Lizzie turned to see a young man around Pete's age taking a seat next to her.
"Your boyfriend?" he asked and Lizzie hesitated before answering.
"He's my best friend," she remembered that she was supposed to brag about the band, just incase, but the guy beat her to the questions.
"What's the bands name?" he asked and Lizzie smiled.
"Fall Out Boy, and personally, I love the music, the lyrics, everything about them," the guy smiled and took a sip of his drink.
"Are you just saying that cause your friends with the band?" Lizzie shook her head.
"No, Pete actually makes me read his lyrics before they are even given to Patrick to make it into music," Lizzie explained as Patrick came out and started to put his picks in the microphone stand.
"Is that Patrick?" he asked pointing to him. Lizzie nodded. "We will have to see, I'll take your word for it, and stay for the show," Lizzie smiled.
"What's your name by the way, stranger?" she asked and he stuck out his hand.
"Adam," Lizzie smiled.
"Lizzie,"

As the last song came they were playing came up, Lizzie had Adam completely in love with the band.
"They are catchy, the lyrics are deep and the music is just...awesome," Lizzie nodded her head.
"I told you," she mumbled and Adam just laughed.
"You have a backstage pass?" he asked and Lizzie nodded flashing her wrist that had the bright orange wristband. "Do you think you can take me back there?" Lizzie raised an eyebrow.
"Why?" she asked cautiously. Adam smirked and leaned over to whisper in her ear.
"Because I'm from Fueled by Ramen, and I want to sign your friend's band," Lizzie widened her eyes and grabbed Adam's hand. She dragged him all the way down to the back room and waited there as she saw them all file in, eyeing the guy that stood next to her.
"Uh, Lizzie, who is he?" Pete asked, wiping his face with a towel. Lizzie smiled widely.
"I think Adam should introduce himself," she breathed and Adam took a step forward.
"My name is Adam, and on behalf of Fueled by Ramen," Joe cut him off.
"Whoa, wait, you're from a record company?" he asked and Adam nodded.
"The easiest way to say this is, I think we could use something like your sound on the label, I'd like to sign you," once he was done, Pete dropped his towel and looked over Adam's shoulder to see Lizzie smiling lightly and watching the conversation. He was about to walk around Adam to give her a hug when Adam sat all the guys down.
"Here is a lot of the paperwork, which you guys should look over right now, cause I have a flight tonight and I would like to take this back with me," Lizzie frowned slightly after seeing Pete oblige.
His dream is more important than a silly little friendship with a girl
Without them noticing, Lizzie slipped away, and drove back to her own place.

"So...Lizzie," Lizzie smiled as Pete sat as his desk doodling. She was sitting criss-cross applesauce on next to the paper, eating yogurt. Her hair was tied up with chopsticks and some hair fell behind her ears. She had her glasses on and was just in short shorts and a cami. She hummed a yes as she swallowed some of her snack.
"Yeah, Pete?" she asked and he smiled up at her. His arm extended and wiped some of the yogurt that caught onto the corner of her mouth. Lizzie blushed slightly as he put it back to his mouth and licked it off.
"Yum, strawberry," Pete looked at the spoon in her hand and opened his mouth. Lizzie giggled as she scooped him a spoonful and put it in his mouth.
"There you go, now get to work on whatever you're working on," Lizzie mumbled through her own spoonful. Pete laughed and looked down at the paper.
"I'm writing a song," he said and Lizzie smiled.
"About what?" she asked and Pete shrugged.
"I want to write a song for you, because you're my best and only friend around here," Lizzie blushed as Pete smiled.
"You don't," he interrupted her.
"I want to,"


Fluttering her eyes open, Lizzie found herself facing the wall next to her bed. She wondered about the dream she just had. That had happened along time ago, before they met Andy, Patrick or Joe. When it was just them hanging about in her house and when they would laugh and flirt openly. Things changed after he got his girlfriend, the one that ended up driving him into a depression and taking those damned anxiety pills. Blinking away the negative thoughts, Lizzie rolled over to see a note on her other pillow. Grabbing it and sitting up in bed, she read it over, instantly recognizing the messy handwriting.

Lizzie- I'm so happy! We are signed...and when Adam wondered off, I looked for you, and after looking outside I noticed your car was gone, why did you leave so soon? When you read this, we are all probably downstairs chilling on your couch watching some 80's teen flick. Breakfast will be served late today at roughly eleven, so be ready by then, and when I say ready, you can wear what your in now, just make it PG for Patrick's sake. Anyways...thanks for getting that guy back there...we really could have not done it without you...
I looooove you like a piece of pie- Peter


Lizzie giggled and jumped out of bed, glancing in the mirror as she tied her hair up. Thinking she was presentable, she walked down stairs to see the guys in fact lounging about watching /Better off Dead/. Giggling, she got Pete's attention. He shot up and dove right at her, picking her up and twirling her around in the air.
"LIIIIIIIIIIIZIE!" he screamed and Lizzie just giggled as he plopped her down on the couch. "You did it!" Lizzie giggled and let the love be spread.
"Lizzie, I can't thank you enough for making my dream come true before I'm even of legal drinking age," Patrick said hugging her. Lizzie smirked.
"You don't drink, Pat," she muttered and Patrick laughed.
"True, but I just thought it sounded cool," Andy shook his head watching them from the floor.
"Lizzie you are the coolest for this," he told her and she smiled.
"You should come down to Atlanta with us for the first week of recording if they let us bring you," Joe mentioned and Lizzie's smile grew.
"I can't write without my editor and inspiration," Pete told her and Lizzie nodded.
"Do you think Sierra would be up for this?" Patrick gasped.
"We have to bring Sierra," Joe just laughed.
"We can't play seven minutes in heaven while recording, Pat," Patrick shrugged.
"So? I'll just kiss her then," Lizzie smiled.
"Atta' boy, Patrick," she smiled as the boys talked more about the record and about what was going to be put on it.

Turns out that the gang had a whole month before they flew out to decide on songs they wanted and for Pete to write some up. Lizzie was sitting in her normal spot on the desk next to the paper as Pete sat there looking quite tired. He always wrote at her house and sat at her desk.
"Pete, you look worn out," he yawned and shook his head.
"I want to finish this verse before I go to sleep," Lizzie pushed him out of the chair and made him lie down on her bed near the wall.
"Pete, if you sleep on it, you will be able to think clearer in the morning," she mentioned pulling the sheets up around him. Pete smiled in a tired way and yawned again.
"You gonna stay with me tonight?" Pete asked closing his eyes. Lizzie sighed.
"I guess," she stood and walked over to the desk to turn off the lamp when she noticed the scribbled verse he had written down.
"I am such a sucker
and I'm always the last to know
my insides are copper,
I'd kill to make them gold
Conversation got me here: another night alone in the city"

Lizzie picked up the pencil. She had never helped Pete write a song, but she had an idea.
"So make my bed the grave and shovel dirt onto my sheets"
She scribbled it down quickly and smiled at the nice handwriting under his sloppy. She clicked the lamp off and climbed into bed near the edge of the bed, kind of away from Pete. Silently she hummed one of the band's newest tunes.
Where is your boy tonight?
Sign up to rate and review this story