Categories > Games > World of Warcraft > Tej'lie

Five [Possibilities]

by Keyboard 0 reviews

A mage has found herself stuck within the walls she had built around her. Until a priest steps into her life was when she started feeling again.

Category: World of Warcraft - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy - Published: 2012-08-14 - Updated: 2012-08-14 - 1231 words - Complete

0Unrated
~Tej'lie~

Tej'lie was comfortable and warm, her mind drifted back to the needed sleep only to have her stomach growl even louder than before. She tried to ignore the pains not wanting to move a muscle which would make her mind awaken fully. She felt a deep thirst ebbing at the back of her throat, she groaned so very softly knowing her brain was already clicking closer to wakefulness. She had to embrace the day no matter what she really wanted, she let out a soft moan as she rolled to the edge of the bed. She let her feet touch the cold floor sending a siege of soft power bubble through her long limbs. She rubbed her eyes with the palms not able to stop the smile that crept across her lips. She felt dehydrated and so very hungry, the last few days have been a nightmare with all the plans of the upcoming festive. That would teach her for volunteering in the city committee.

It was all behind her now, the bulk of the work was done and now she could put the finishing touches on the present she had been weaving for Glesig for the upcoming holiday. It had been very hard to work on it without his sharp eyes catching sight of it, she had to do it in secret while he was out tending to his duties. The excitement of it being nearly complete was building inside her, she was eager to see his joy when she gives it to him. She had the whole even planned out, even down to the meal she was going to prepare for the evening.

She dug in the wardrobe to find a loose robe of a bright shades of blues, she didn't feel like wearing anything formal today. She rose and stretched for a good another moment before tending to the blankets on the bed. Once it was in some organization, she strolled down the steps to the tailoring shop not making any effort to hide the face consuming yawn.

She opened the shop door, a wooden pale dangling from her hand. She stopped short to find the broad chest priest moving swiftly toward her. Fear rolled through her gut as she automatically glanced at the level of sun, he never comes around this time of day. He always had so many duties to tend to for his priesthood, nothing she really pried about. That was part of his life she knew she could never be apart of. That thought made her stomach knot uncomfortably with unhappiness, she was apart of his life and still she wanted more.

Without thinking she hurried away from the safety of her home. "Glesig," she whispered, there was something off about the way he held his shoulders. He seemed rushed in whatever business he was tending. As the distance between them grew shorter, her stomach twisted yet again as fear pulsed within her. "What happened? You sick?"

"I am fine," he stated with a nod, his eyes wandered over as if to insure she was well and safe.
Tej'lie waved him to follow her inside, dropping the bucket near the counter she turned to him. "What is it?" The draenei shut the door quietly and stood watching her for a long moment. "You be worryin' me, Glesig. Speak."

"I need to leave for Kalimdor today," he told her.

Tej'lie always knew that one day he would be sent away, she had always hoped it would be later. She grabbed the counter as her knees weakened at the news, she licked her lips trying to be strong for him. "Oh, f'sure?"

His gentle hand rested upon her shoulder, she peer at him shyly. The man was a strength to her, his presence always made her feel safe. Without him there she felt she would be lost, she tried not to show the deep disappointment on her face. "Pack for travel," a smile spread over his lips. "I am taking you with me."

"What?" She could only blink at him.

"My orders are to talk anyone I deem worthy to travel with me," he stated putting his fingers on her lips to stop the protests that he knew were ready to be spoken. "You are exactly what I need. A mage is a powerful ally to have near me, and if we get into a jam you can help by gaining access to the horde towns."

"F'sure?"

"I am very sure," he stated with confidence. "I know you are still weary from all that you have been doing but we are pressed for time. Please say you will come."

She saw that glint in his eyes, though shrouded with worry. She could tell he was speaking the truth. He did want her with him, and she wanted to be near him as well. Tej'lie nodded. "Weh."

Glesig grinned wide relief rolled over his features. "We shall load our flyers and head to the portal," he stated before she could change her mind. "How long will you need to gather all you need?"

"Hour, maybe." The priest nodded and grinned at her again before opening the door. "I'll see you in an hour, don't worry about food or such things." She laughed at him, his cheeks deepened in color. "Well, you know what I mean."

Tej'lie leaned against the counter glancing down at the bucket at her feet. "Guess tea be out da question." The mage couldn't help wonder what was so urgent they needed to be off so quickly, and why he was allowed to bring her of all people. What would be out of sorts he would have to gain access to a horde town? She shook her head and moved up to her living quarters and started gathering her enchanted robes and weapons. She wasn't going anywhere without them, once she had all her reagents and supplies stuffed in her travel pack she moved down stairs.

Her gaze moved over the interior trying to have everything in case of emergencies, it took her a moment to realize she had been staring at the carpet she had crafted for Glesig. She thought about leaving it and giving it to him when they returned.

Something itched at the back of her brain, she let out a sigh and snagged the object from the shelf and tucked inside her bedroll. She would find a good time to give it to him during their trip. Grinning like a fool at the ideas that rolled through her mind on different ways she could present it. He always had that slight blush to his cheeks that she found very adorable when she gave him anything. She took a deep breath and snagged another stack of bandages and stuffed them in her back before leaving her home.

She moved to the stables and had the master bring her wyvern to her. The blue furred beast greeted her with several licks of his rough tongue. "Be happy ta see you," she stated, scratching the beast behind the ears. She saddled the winged creature and strapped her things on, she moved toward the shop to find Glesig walking toward her home with a large brown and white gryphon following. "Glesig," she called causing him to pause his trek to the front door.

"Ready?"

Tej'lie patted her flying mount on the head. "Weh."
Sign up to rate and review this story