Categories > Games > World of Warcraft > Tej'lie

Eight: Rumor of war

by Keyboard 0 reviews

A mage has found herself stuck within the walls she had built around her. Until a priest steps into her life was when she started feeling again.

Category: World of Warcraft - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy - Published: 2012-08-14 - Updated: 2012-08-14 - 824 words - Complete

0Unrated
The pair woke in that same state, both were a little stiff and sore from the lack of movement. The priest smiled at Tej'lie who yawned and stretched, he was quickly shooed out so she could freshen up. Glesig stood in the hallway pondering all that had been put into his mind during that night of holding the troll. It felt right and he was determined to take the next step, then.

Now, fear held his tongue. He was afraid for them both, of what their union would cause with the people they care about around them. More uneasiness rambled through his heart as he mentally went over all the information the cook had imparted.

The door opened he turned and smiled at the beautiful troll that stood in the threshold. He was about to say something when the bell tolled to informed the passengers they were docking. He hurried inside, saddened that the moment was lost, and gathered his things.

Glesig was quickly seized and taken to some wounded in the quake that was large enough to cause damage on this side of the ocean. He glanced back to see Tej'lie nod shouldering her pack walking toward the end of the pier. He let out a sigh he would have to find her later and followed the goblin toward the injured.

He had gotten two steps off the something shifted in the very air, the guards were suddenly on high alert and a rift opened spitting out fire elementals that started attacking the nearest unsuspecting passerby. Before a word could pass through his lips, his beautiful mage was building a powerful spell. He closed his eyes and whispered a silent prayer feeling the warmth of the Light swell inside him. He built his own spell before he could finish the build Tej'lie had pretty much obligated her target. He couldn't help but feel the pride of her swell inside him. The distraction slowed his build and he concentrated on it again. The bright flash vaulted from his palms and slammed against the element which vanished with a hollowed cry, leaving only a burnt mark on the soil.

They had little time to react as more escaped the shimmering opening, he wanted to get closer to it and inspect it. The small crowd that was forming around the universal enemies was impressive. Horde and Alliance were battling against this common enemy, it made his heart sing with happiness.

The last of the elementals were dispatched and the rift shut leaving only a slowly spinning object behind. All of the brave souls that were fighting blinked at it. "What is it?" was whispered several times.

He reached for it, the ebbing powers were still very strong within the object. His fingers wrapped around the cooling tablet before anyone could react. It lay in his hand dead and cold, only the strange markings still were etched into it. He had a strong sense to bring it to someone of greater learning in the city. He glanced at Tej'lie's wide eyes and gave her a nod to insure all was well.

He wanted to talk to her very much but right now, the injured needed to be attended to. He stuffed the fragment into his pack and began his aid with the injured. He sealed wounds and eased the discomfort of as many as he could. He was pretty much asleep on his hooves by the time he had seen the last patient.

A portal had opened and his rested mount was lead by a stable hand, the goblin youth smiled at him and handed over the griffon and wyvern to the troll before disappearing through the portal again. Armed with their mounts, they headed deeper into the Barrens.

"Ya need sleep, priest." Tej'lie stated several times.

He merely nodded pressing on away from Ratchet. His unrest about this whole thing was keeping him from even thinking about sleep. He felt underpowered for whatever was attacking his beloved world. He knew so very little of what was going on making him feel even more inadequate. It wasn't like the past where it was always the Burning Legion that was out to destroy everything. This was different, now he understood his teachers urgency. He wanted- no needed- to find more about this to aid his people against this destruction.

He blinked to realize they had stopped the forward motion, the mage was holding on the reins of his griffon who was oddly not protesting against her. Clearly, the great beast felt the riders exhaustion. His gaze rested upon her firm but loving eyes and nodded silently. He barely got off the mount when she had a tent nearly half erected. The troll was very much practiced in the art of making camp. He used all his remaining strength to unroll his bed and lay down. He felt her soft hand on his shoulder before he slipped into sleep.
Sign up to rate and review this story