Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Giving Personalized Stories A Shot

CyanideSuicide

by ZombieSlayer13x 1 review

When Mazy, a gymnast, spills her energy drink on a passing stranger her life changes for the better.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Humor,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2012-08-16 - Updated: 2012-08-16 - 1729 words - Complete

0Unrated
And another one down! I hope I didn’t disappoint you CyanideSuicide :3 You said you wanted them to meet at a concert but didn’t specify who’s, so I kind of twisted the idea. Sorry if this wasn’t what you had in mind.

Also, I’m sorry to the people that might have added this to their alerts and received about ten or so emails on the last chapter…I’m so anal about editing and constantly re-read. Any little mistake and I feel an overwhelming urge to fix it. A thousand apologies :\

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Mazy raced down the sidewalk. She had just come from her gymnastics practice and was currently running late. Practice ran over and she told her mom she’d be back by six. She hadn’t even had time to change afterwards. She was still in her leotard, she just threw a Spiderman shirt over it and cotton shorts. Mazy had decided to stop at the store to purchase her favorite energy drink before making the trip back home. The line was almost out the door, yet she waited through it.

As of now she currently had five minutes to make it home and she still had six blocks to go. As she whipped out her blackberry her over-grown pixie-cut fell in her eyes, momentarily blocking her line of vision.

Before she knew what was happening she felt herself slam into something hard. Her energy drink sloshed out of its bottle and all down her arm. Unfortunately, it also sloshed down the front of whomever she just ran into.

Looking up she found herself face to face with a boy. He looked to be a few years older than her. He definitely had a good six or so inches on her, that much was sure. He was seriously skinny as well. From what Mazy could see he had long brown hair peeking out from underneath his beany. His hazel eyes were framed by thick rimmed glasses. Mazy found she was momentarily stunned by his eyes.

“Oh my god, I’m so sorry!” She finally blurted out once she regained her senses. “I should have been watching where I was walking!”

“No, no, it was my fault too.” The boy said as he bent down to retrieve his fallen cell phone. When he stood back up Mazy saw that the front of his shirt was completely drenched in the red energy drink.

“Oh my god your shirt!” She said as she frantically looked around for something to offer him to wipe it off.

“It’s fine, really.” The boy said with a laugh. “It’s just a shirt after all. I have plenty more back home.”

Mazy felt hopeless at that point. “Well…is there anything I can do to make it up to you?”

He gave her an amused look, “You can tell me your name, for starters.”

She smiled up at him and spoke, “Mazy, Mazy Hardell.”

“I’m Mikey,” he said while stretching a hand out, which she shook in return, “Mikey Way.”

“Nice to meet you,” she said with a smile.

“Likewise.”

They talked for a bit and then he gave her his number. She gladly gave him hers in response. After finally saying goodbye to him she sprinted home. Her mother was furious at her missing dinner, but she barely heard her. Mazy was still thinking about the boy with the hazel eyes.

In the few weeks following the event they texted constantly, she even made up excuses during practice just so she had a few minutes to spare to text Mikey back.

After practice one day he asked if she wanted to go grab a coffee. She couldn’t say yes fast enough.

She spent a good fifteen minutes in the bathroom fixing herself up. She combed her fingers through her black pixie cut. The red streaks in it were growing out she noted disdainfully. She had thrown on her favorite batman t-shirt with matching converse. Since it was mid-autumn she had thrown on her thickest leggings.

When she felt satisfied with her appearance she booked it over to the café. Through the window she found Mikey already sitting at a table. He waved at her with a smile. She returned it and excitedly entered the café.

Upon sitting down she saw that he had already ordered coffee for himself and had a store bought energy drink sitting in her spot. She felt flattered.

“Gee, how’d you know?” she asked with a smirk.

“Intuition?” he said, gesturing at the chair for her to sit down.

For most of the date they talked about music and comic books. Then out of the blue he suddenly asked:

“Hey, my brother’s band is having a gig this weekend. Do you wanna come? I can get you in for free.” He said with a wink.

“Sure!” She said, smiling at him. “What’s his band called?”

“My Chemical Romance,” he said sheepishly, “Nothing special. Yet. He just formed the bad a year ago. Local gigs, coffee houses, freelance clubs, that kind of thing.” Mikey finished with a shrug.

“Sounds fun! When and what time?”

“Saturday night, eight o’clock, I’ll pick you up around seven thirty-ish. Where do you live?”

Mazy wrote down her address on a napkin and handed it to him. As he read it over he smiled. “I know exactly where that is!”

“Cool!” Mazy said, “I have to get going. My mom’ll be so mad if I’m late again.”

Mikey stood up and they said their goodbyes.

The night of the gig his car rolled into her driveway at seven thirty on the dot. Mazy had to admit, she was impressed. She had on one of her ‘I heart music’ shirts with a lime green tutu. Underneath she wore patterned tights with her usual converse. She had even re-dyed her red streaks for the occasion.

“Nice outfit,” Mikey said casually as she opened her front door.

“Thanks! I see you dressed up as well.” He smirked at her. He had on grey skinnies with a studded belt and a pair of red Doc Martens on his feet. His hair was styled with gel and his beanie was unaccounted for. His glasses remained and she could even detect a hint of coal black eyeliner around his hazel eyes.

She glanced at his My Chemical Romance Shirt with a matching arm band. “Custom stuff I see.”

“Yeah, if you want any I can totally get it for you.” He said eagerly, his eyes were sparkling in the dark. She smiled back at him.

Fifteen minutes later they arrived at the gig. It was a small underground club not far from her house. Once they were inside Mikey excused himself. He told her he had to check on some things and would be back.

Mazy waited patiently for him. She had grabbed a table towards the front by the stage. A few people tried to small talk her, but she politely shot them down. After twenty minutes of no Mikey she became disappointed. She had thought he stood her up.

Right as she got up to leave the lights in the house dimmed. Everyone was suddenly quiet. Mazy abruptly sat down as a male voice cut through the silence.

“Ladies and Gentlemen, thank you all for comin’ out tonight!” the crowd cheered in response.

The stage lights kicked on and Mazy was temporarily blinded. She squinted towards the stage and finally saw the band. The man who was talking, presumably Mikey’s older brother, was tall and skinny. She thought him to be about 20 or so. He was pale as a ghost with long, stringy black hair framing it. His dark makeup only contrasted further with his complexion.

The two guitarists next to him were younger. The one on the left was very short. He was probably only her height! He had long brown hair and tanner skin. The other guitarist was the tallest one. He had a big, brown afro which bobbed with his every move. Mazy found it amusing and let out a small laugh. All of the boys had matching MCR patches on their arms.

The biggest surprise to her though was the boy behind them. He was the bass guitarist. The light was only dimly shining on him, but she recognized those glasses anywhere. It was Mikey! She was certainly surprised he never told her, but she was happy at the same time. By now there was no way in hell she was leaving this gig early.

After that the lead singer, Gerard she now knew his name to be, talked with the audience for a while. Then they finally started playing. Their songs were sad, but the lyrics were deep and meaningful no matter how depressing. She found his voice to be absolutely haunting, but in a good way.

She couldn’t keep her eyes off Mikey the whole gig. He had returned a lot of her glances throughout the show.

Finally about an hour later they finished. Gerard said some heartfelt goodbyes and the lights went out once more. Mazy bolted from her seat and ran to where she assumed back stage to be. There she almost ran face first into Mikey as he was putting his bass away.

“Hey!” he said as he looked up and saw it was her.

“You guys were awesome!” She exclaimed loudly as she hugged him.

“You really think so?” he said just as happily back.

“I would never lie about that.” She said sternly.

“I’m so glad you liked it!” he said eagerly, clearly still on his adrenaline high.

“You know who my favorite band member was?” she asked coyly.

“Who?” He implored slightly confused and intrigued.

“You.” She said with a grin.

That’s when she kissed him. She kissed him long and hard. There was no better timing. That is of course until:

“Hey Mikes when-” Frank stopped in mid-sentence as he noticed Mikey was not alone. “Sorry man…” he said awkwardly as he re-traced his steps out of the dressing room.

Mikey and Mazy looked at each other mildly concerned. It didn’t last for long though, they ended up bursting with laughter at the ridiculousness of the situation.

“So…wanna go get some coffee?” he asked her with a smile.
Sign up to rate and review this story