Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > moving

the land of the living

by Randog 2 reviews

souls have escaped from the underworld

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor - Published: 2006-07-12 - Updated: 2006-07-13 - 1093 words

0Unrated
SORRY TO ALL OF THE PEOPLE WHO HAD READ THIS CHAPTER AND THE NEXT WHO MAY HAVE LIKED IT- BUT I'M REWRITING THEM!! I DIDN'T LIKE THEM! IT'S NOW MORE ORIGINAL! SOR READ AND ENJOY!!! By the way, in this chapter I mention Mary the mother of Jesus. To the serious christens out there who may take offence- I do not mean to make fun of your faith and I am very sorry if I did ....but geeze, that part is too good to leave out

########################################################################

Archie lay in bed that night thinking. He had four stitches on his temple and a headache. He had lost his whip in the battle at the beach; Flipper had taken it with him to the murky deep of the ocean. Ares had promised him a new one would be ready by the morning.

"That seems to be happening a lot lately" he thought to himself "New PMRs, new beach ball for Neil, new dent in head with matching stitches and a new whip...and new family"
He sighed and stared at the corner of his room where a large cobweb hung. A spider lowered itself down on a single strand of silk and began extending its silver web. A spider was not afraid of anything, not heights, vicious moths, not even Herry. It went about its everyday way of life trying to survive and catch food.

Archie rolled over. He was thinking of his family. He was hundreds of miles away from his blood relatives. On his bedside table lay a letter still in its torn envelope; it was a letter from his father announcing the new engagement to his new step mother; Gloria. If it was one thing that made Archie glad for being with the titans, it was Gloria. Gloria was a relatively large woman with tight clothes and a snotty attitude. Rarely did she acknowledge her soon-to-be-step-son even existed. Archie had tried talking to his father but he would not hear a word against it. After all, who would he believe... his son? Or the woman he loved?
The letter was an invitation to the wedding in September. Archie did not and will not go. If he had to choose between a wedding announcing the new relation ship between him and Gloria as his 'step mother' [shivers] or saving the world. Well, if he didn't save the world there wouldn't be a wedding to go to. He was in favor of the second.

"So that's why I've been thinking of mum" he realized, remembering his real mother who gave soft warm hugs and had chestnut hair and nice clothes "It's the wedding. Gloria... god, I've gotta talk him out of it. There is no way I a ever calling her... 'Mother'"
And with his thoughts a million miles away thinking about something none of the other titans would have guessed, he fell into an uneasy sleep.

Jay woke up to the sound of his new PMR buzzing. He reached out his heavy arm and grabbed it from his bedside table "Whatsup?" he mumbled

"Jay, wake up for Zuses' sake" it was Hera "There's been an incident. I need all of you to be down at the school within the next twenty minutes. Jay? Are you listening?"

"Whoa...yeah, see you soon Hera" he turned off the screen "I hate Mondays" he dragged himself out of bed and knocked on the door's of the other titan's rooms, waking them up and telling them the news

Neil was in a huff as Herry drove them all in his truck down towards the school "After all that I didn't even get to have a shower! My pores! They need cleaning!"

Atlanta looked at his hands "I'm sure your paws will survive for a few hours"

Archie covered his mouth with his hand and yawned "I think your barking mad...worrying about your paws...pores..."

"That's enough lousy puns" said Theresa smiling

"Great!" said Herry sarcastically punching the steering wheel "A traffic jam! It'll take us half an hour to drive two blocks!"
"Hey Hera" said Odie speaking into his PMR "We're going to take a while. Can you tell us what has happened?" he turned the speaker volume up and called for the others to be quiet. Hera's voice filled the silence

"Cronos made an attack on the underworld last night. Several thousand souls are missing"

"Ghosts?" said Atlanta "What are we meant to be doing about ghosts? They're not evil surely"

"Souls" corrected Hera "both the good and the bad. While some go to haunt buildings and their murderers, others appear to their family members. We've already had one case of one prankster soul appearing to an old lady claiming to be the spirit; Mary the mother of Jesus" several of the titans chuckled. Hera continued "I do not want this episode repeating again. The poor woman nearly had a stroke"

"But Hera" said Odie "How are we meant to find souls? We can't see them! And we certainly can't round up several thousand! Isn't this a job for the gods? Hades?"

"Yes, but we also need your help. Come to the school as fast as you can and we'll give you some equipment to help round them up"

"But Hera" Said Jay "what's so important about these souls?"

"As I've already mentioned; the damage they can do to mortals and the fact if they do not return they cannot pass into their second life. Or, as you might know; come back to the earth as an animal, another person and begin their life again"

"We'll be there as soon as we can Hera" Said Jay. Odie signed off

"Hey" said Herry moving again with the traffic "Have any of you seen 'Dead Poet's Society?"

Archie laughed "Nup, what about 'Phantom of the Opera"

"Hey come on" put in Odie "Have some respect" he chuckled "It was the 'night of the living dead' after all!"
At this point the three couldn't take it anymore and doubled over laughing

"You guys are so immature, not funny and have a complete lack of taste in movies" said Neil disapprovingly "Now Pirates of the Caribbean; Dead man's chest is much more interesting"
Without knowing his own joke, Neil could only watch as the other titans doubled up laughing.

################################################################

DID YOU LIKE IT? DID YOU LAUGH? THEN REVIEW MY GOOD TITANS, REVIEW! HECK, MAYBE YOU COULD RATE IT TO!!....you never know...I may have rated your story....how do you get more rating points anyway? Let me know!!!
Sign up to rate and review this story