Categories > Original > Drama > The Gangmaster's Husband

Chapter 6

by Kittenm 2 reviews

You can learn a lot about a person from their past.

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2012-09-07 - Updated: 2012-09-08 - 1282 words

0Unrated
"Wakey wakey! Come on Brad, we need to get you to a tailor and the medic about your diet. COME ON!!!" Adam's yelling at me to get up, but the realization of what happened yesterday has just hit me. I roll over and pull the pillow over my head, letting the tears slip.

"Go away, I don't wanna." I mumble as he tries to pull me out of the bed. Good god, I slept in the same bed as the man who killed my fiance.... The tears start coming harder, but I try to keep my breathing normal so he doesn't realize.

"Come on Brad, don't make me force you." He says, starting to pull at my ankle.

"I DON'T WANT TO!" I scream, a sob catching my throat. I can feel his eyes on me.

"What's wrong, Brad?" He asks softly, pulling the pillow off my head, and rubbing my back gently.

"Y-you killed h-him...... YOU FUCKING MONSTER!!!" I scream through the tears, pulling away from his touch. I see the shock flash in his blue eyes, and he runs a hand through his messy black hair. I jump off the bed, backing myself up against the wall.

"Brad...... I'm sorry, but it had to be done..... But he killed your parents, remember? Well at least I didn't kill some innocent person who you loved, I killed someone that killed someone that you love...... Brad, he hurt you....." He says, approaching me slowly, raising his hand as if to cup my cheek. I flinch away instinctively.

"DON'T TOUCH ME!!! JUST GET THE FUCK AWAY!!" I yell at him, darting to the other side of the room, but what he said sticks in my mind. Adam didn't kill someone innocent, and he hasn't attempted to hurt me at all. I see the sadness in his eyes as he sits on the bed.

"Brad, please, calm down......" He pleads sadly.

"WHY THE FUCK SHOULD I?! YOU FUCKING KIDNAPPED ME AND MURDERED MY FIANCE RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY FACE!!! YOU'VE MANAGE TO BRAINWASH MY BABY BROTHER!! AND TO TOP IT OFF, YOU'VE BEEN COMING ONTO ME THIS WHOLE TIME!!!" I scream, my fear and anger rising by the second.

"WELL MAYBE IF YOU HADN'T GOTTEN INTO GANG LIFE IN THE FIRST PLACE THIS WOULDN'T HAVE HAPPENED!! STOP BLAMING ME!!! MATT MADE HIS OWN CHOICE, AND YOU KNOW IT!!!" I can see something inside Adam snap, his own anger rising. I pull even further away at his words, fearful of his anger. I saw what happened when Kyle pissed him off. He stalks towards me, anger in his eyes, and I flinch.

"PLEASE DON'T HIT ME!!! I'M SORRY!! IT WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN!!!" I cry out, fear heavy in my voice. His eyes soften and then fill with horror.

"Fuck..... Brad, I'm sorry........ I.... God, what Kyle did to you must've been horrible..." His voice trails off softly, and he turns and sits back down on the bed, fingers twisting tightly into the fabric of the comforter. I slip down the wall, falling to the floor, small gasping sobs coming from my throat.

"Please..... Never do that again...." I whimper. He had scared me. I thought he was going to hit me. I hear footsteps thundering up the stairs, and the door flies open, a white haired man standing in the doorway.

What's going on here? I heard yelling." He says. I can see Adam look up. I hear his sigh, and a small, tired smile crosses his lips.

"Nothing, Gerard. Brad and I just got into a bit of a disagreement. I like the hair by the way. It fits you. Can you send Frankie up? I need to set up a diet for Brad. Oh, and call the tailor, I need to get stuff fitted for him." Adam orders softly. The man, apparently Gerard, nods his head and closes the door. After he leaves, Adam looks to me and sighs again. "Brad, this would be a lot easier if you would co-operate with me."

"F-fine..... I overreacted..... Sorry...." I mumble as I move to sit back down on the bed.

"No you didn't, you reacted like a human-being would react. I don't know why I got so mad...... Have I really been that obvious with the fact that I like you?" Adam's voice is soft yet again as I sit down beside him.

"Not really, but you do seem to use every chance you get to put your hands on me..... And I was awake last night......." I mumble the last part, half hoping that he won't hear.

"Wait, you heard that? GOD DAMMIT!" His curse causes me to flinch from shock. He looks at me, eyes apologizing. "Sorry, didn't mean to scare you."

"It's okay, I just didn't expect you to yell...." I mumble, pulling my knees up to my chest. Adam looks at me with soft eyes, and leans in closer, cupping my cheek.

"May I?" He asks softly, and I know what he's asking.

"You've never asked my permission before.... But yes, you may....." I respond. His soft lips press against mine, more gentle than any of the times before. I open my mouth slightly, and he deepens the kiss, pushing a little harder. His lips open, and, for a few seconds, I can feel his breath, then his tongue slips lightly over my bottom lip, playing with the lip ring there. He pulls back only seconds after.

"I'm taking this way too fast, but I just can't help myself....." He mumbles, more to himself than me. His hands fold in his lap, and I can't help but to notice that he has artists fingers.

"I don't think you're taking it too fast....." I mumble back, not even knowing if he expected me to respond or not. "I can't really help myself either."

"Brad? How old are you?" Comes Adam's whisper.

"26, why?" Comes my timid response. I mean, I'm 26 and haven't married yet, how sad is that?

"Damn, you're a year older than I am! Brad, has Neil told you why he hasn't left? Just left with Barry and Kian and never turned back?" The question seems completely random, but I answer anyway.

"No, he just said that he can't." Is my reply.

"It's because he was forced into this by his dad, and his dad would kill him if he left. Wait, correction, I, or my dad, would technically kill him." I gasp softly.

"Why?" I interrupt.

"You do not leave once you are in. It's a form of treason and is punished with death. Executions are always preformed by the leader of the gang, or the head of the family. Which, for the Gontier's, is either me, or my dad. Did I tell you that Neil's dad is the second-in-command of the family? If my dad hadn't had me or my younger brother when my grandfather died, Neil's dad would have taken over the gang. Neil was raised to be my second in command, and with him being only 2 years younger than I am, it was easy for us to become friends. If I had to pick one person to decide what to do with my life, it'd Neil." He explains, "If my father dies, and I don't have a heir, Neil takes over gang until I have one."

"That's, actually, kinda cool. If not really horrible." I say, actually interested.

"I didn't explain how they're killed for a reason, Brad." He sighs. "Come on, the tailor's going to be here soon, let's get our asses downstairs.

You can learn so much about a person from their past.

A/N: YAY!! NEW CHAPTER!!! I finally made Brad flip.....
Sign up to rate and review this story