Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Hunters of The Predator

Judging Books By The Cover...

by BitterLoveBlackHeart 1 review

'whatever has happened, whatever has changed in the past few weeks… It’s big, and it’s bad.'

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2012-09-16 - Updated: 2012-09-16 - 1716 words - Complete

0Unrated
Gerard’s POV

It took us just over ten minutes to walk to Lindsey’s house, we would have got there sooner if Mikey didn’t have a panic attack thinking he’d left his straighteners plugged in and making us turn back...

Mikey and I waited for Lindsey to open the door, and I found myself feeling rather nervous and paranoid, as I was quite often, the past few weeks have been strange for me, I don’t know what happened, but I know it’s not just me, it’s turned vampire’s and lycans alike, my friend Ray was telling me, he’s a lycan and he knows a girl called Madeleine, he’s kind of ‘adopted’ her as his little sister, but she’s been going crazy too according to what Ray has told me, which puts it into perspective, whatever has happened, whatever has changed in the past few weeks…
It’s big, and it’s bad.

I felt a nudge in my side and looked to my brother, who nodded his head in the direction of the door in silence, my gaze fell of Lindsey, her dark hair contrasting perfectly against her porcelain skin and lipstick staining her lips a violent shade of red, her usually crazy grin spread across her face had somehow managed to get twice as big as usual, I smiled back at her and she engulfed me into a hug
“Jesus Linds, you could kill someone with that death grip…” I said sarcastically, she shrugged “It’s a good thing you’re already dead then huh?” she jokes punching me playfully in the arm, after Mikey was greeted by one of Lindsey’s violently tight hugs we both went inside and the moment I stepped inside, I had the feeling something was wrong…well not so much wrong, but uncomfortable, weary, like something was screaming for attention but was going unheard by everyone, it was strange and it put me even more on edge, I followed Mikey and Lindsey into the front room to see a boy sitting on the couch, I noted every little detail of the stranger before looking at him as a whole, the way his hair was fairly long, scruffy, plenty of split ends told me he hadn’t had a haircut for a while, the orange tinted skin on his hands told me he smoked, I moved my gaze slightly up his arm to see what seemed to be a scar peeking out of the end of his long sleeved shirt, his shoulders were hunched and his face was facing the floor before Lindsey introduced us all. “so guys, this is Frank, Frank this is Mikey and his older brother Gerard…” Frank gave my brother and I a small smile and a brief wave before letting his gaze fall back to the floor, but before his gaze left us, his eyes briefly for no more than a second met my own, and the brown orbs that cut straight through me, were so pained, so tormented, screaming for deliverance, I’ve never in my life, seen someone so broken and I haven’t even breathed a word to him…

Then it hit me…Each of the three dominant species: Lycan, Vampire and Human, they have their own sent and only the vampire’s and lycans can really smell it because we have advanced senses, but this kid…he was nothing, he didn’t have anything, not vampire not human, not Lycan, he was a enigma, unreadable, unidentifiable, he was nothing…

“Gerard…helllooo Earth to Geetard!” Lindsey partially shouted clicking her fingers in front of my face, I shook my head and blushed violently as I’d realised I’d been staring at the stranger for the better part of five minutes, Mikey laughed to himself and Frank glanced up not unaware of the fact I was staring because he himself seemed to be very distant, he glanced at the three of us looking rather confused, Lindsey shook her head “Jesus, you’re all so distant today, I’ll go and make us all some coffee to hopefully wake you up, I’ll be a few minutes” Lindsey left the room and entered the kitchen leaving the three of us to get acquainted Mikey being Mikey was the first to sit down right beside the stranger, I however sat on the arm chair opposite the couch they were sitting on trying to keep my distance without seeming weary “So you’re name’s Frank, I’m Michael, but y’know call me Mikey, is Frank short for anything?” my brother asked enthusiastically, Frank smiled “Noted, and no Frank isn’t short for anything…I’m just Frank.” He said the smile still on his face, but the pain still in his eyes “Oh cool! So what kind of music are you into?” my brother inquires, that’s something Mikey must have in common with someone if they are to be friends, they have to have the same or similar taste in music...
“Umm…Rock I guess, I’m into all the old bands y’know? Like AC/DC, Misfits, Black Flag…” he trailed off, Mikey’s face however lit up “Oh my god really, that’s so awesome, you’re so awesome, oh my god!” he said excitedly, Frank laughed to himself and looked at me “You have trouble shutting this one up?” he asked directing the question at me, Mikey mocked being offended and I laughed “Trust me he talks to himself more than anyone else.” I joked, Frank chuckled and Mikey threw a pillow at my head just as Lindsey walked in “Oi! Nerd pick up that cushion and put it back where you found it.” she said half joking half serious while carrying a tray of four hot mugs of coffee and placing them on the table, we all reached for a mug and began slowly and silently sipping away at our drinks when the familiar sound of Helena by the misfits started blaring out from Lindsey’s purse, she placed her coffee down on the tray and rummaged through her bag for her phone, once in her hand she pressed the answer button and held the phone to her ear. She rolled her eyes and placed her hand over the microphone “It’s Bob…” she trailed off, Mikey and I nodded and Frank continued to drink his coffee in silence.

“You’re where?” Lindsey asked confused “you haven’t had that car a year and it’s already broken down?” there was a pause for a few minutes “Fine…okay…yes I know where you are…okay…see you in a bit…bye.” She said hanging up the phone and throwing it back into her purse “Okay fuckers Bob went to pick up Ray and now he’s broken down, who wants to help me find them somewhere down town?” I shook my head and smiled, Mikey stood up and rolled his eyes “Bob really is one of a kind…come on, I’ll help you find them” Mikey offered, Lindsey smiled gratefully and looked to me “You’ll be okay on your own right?” I shook my head “I’m not alone Linds, Frank is here and I’m not five I can look after myself…” I pointed out, she smiled again and followed Mikey out of the front door and closing it firmly behind her, leaving Frank and I in the house alone…

Frank’s POV

So it’s just me and Gerard…we’ve been sitting in silence for about five minutes, I’ve kept my mind occupied by walking around the room and looking at little ornaments and photographs, many of them were of Lindsey, Gerard and Mikey with some other people I didn’t recognise Gerard looked considerable different in the photo's to how he looks now...however I noticed one photo, In a locked glass cabinet was a black and white photo in a silver frame, a photo of me and Lindsey as children, playing in my old front yard and in the back ground standing by the front door of the house were my parents, beaming happily down at myself and Lindsey, I sighed louder than intended and when I turned to walk away I saw Gerard standing right beside me “you’re not scared of me…?” he questioned cocking his right eyebrow while leaning against the door way into the kitchen, I shrugged and looked him up and down “Not much to be scared of really is there?” Gerard chuckled to himself, he was oozing with arrogance “you shouldn’t judge a book by its cover Frank…” his voice laced with a menacing on the verge of evil tone, I shook my head “I’m not judging, I’m knowing, you’re a vampire, considering your skin is pale, but not quite as pale as Lindsey’s I’d say you were turned, not born, and going by some of the pictures on the shelves seeing you in your human state and the frames being slightly dusty I’d say they’ve been there for a few years and seeing how you aren’t very subtle with your habits like smelling the air when you walked into the room, that it’s all still rather new for you, maybe two, three years ago? Rather traumatic I’m guessing, made you quite paranoid, scared to be alone, but you shut yourself away these days, not many friends, staying out of the way, but there’s something else…something you’re hiding, am I right?” I stop noticing the expression on Gerard’s face showing me he was somewhat shocked “Stop! How could you possibly do that, you’re human, you don’t have capabilities like that, not even I do, no one is that perceptive especially not humans…” Gerard stated, a sense of fear stinging his voice, a smirk crept across my face at the way Gerard’s cocky attitude melted away so quickly “Don’t judge a book by its cover Gerard…” I whispered before leaving the room in silence



AN- Soooo, what did you think? like? not like? rates and reviews would be great, hope you enjoyed it ~BitterLoveBlackHeart xoxoxo
Sign up to rate and review this story