Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > War

We slept at headquarters that night. Ray didn’t want to be left alone and the rest of us were all pretty scared after what had happened so we stayed there together. It was awkward to get to sleep because we had to sleep on the floor with no blankets or pillows or anything. When we were killjoys we’d often have to sleep in some weird places but after five years of sleeping comfortably, we didn’t know how we’d ever survived.

None of us woke up until around eleven in the morning and that was only because Penina and Frank came in with Levana “Did you guys really sleep here last night?” Penina asked, taking Levana off Frank “We got Levana calm last night just before she went to sleep and she told us everything.”

“Good.” Gerard yawned and stood up “So what happened then?”

“They all made it to the park,” Frank told us “And everything was fine until BLI showed up. Levana doesn’t know where they came from but apparently there were loads of them all surrounding the park. Raven and Hozzie managed to kill a few of them but there were too many. And Ezra and Draven tried to be brave and ran at them but the draculoids just easily lifted them up. They came inside and dragged everyone away.”

“How did Levana get away?” Jennifer wanted to know.

“She hid from them and then ran out of the gate at the first opportunity she got. And she’d panicked and just ran off and hidden in our house until she was sure they were gone.” Frank kissed her cheek “So she doesn’t know where the others are exactly.”

“I told you we shouldn’t have come here!” Doctor DD snapped, suddenly really angry at Molly “Now they’ve got Shayla. Jesus fucking Christ…”

“It’s not my fault DD and just for the record, I’m equally as upset as you are.” Molly said in a patient voice “But standing around blaming everyone won’t solve anything, will it? Where do you think BLI would’ve taken them?”

“What does it matter?” Ray asked, causing us all to turn around. He was staring out of the window “We can see everything up here for miles but somehow we managed to miss all the kids being taken? Some great protectors we are. Everyone’s thinking it and I’m just gonna say it. We’re never going to see them again.”

“No!” Gerard snapped “I will not let my daughter, my sister and my friends! We just need to think of a plan-“

“Give it up Gerard!” Ray yelled, turning round to face him “If we find them, then what? You heard what Frank said. There are heaps of them. How many of them are us?”

“Well the city-“

“They’ll be thinking about their own lives. What does it matter to them if our families are in danger? So long as their family is okay.”

“Ray, no one in this town is that selfish.”

“We might as well all the face the truth that they are all selfish!” Ray groaned loudly and stormed out of the room.

We were all silent until surprisingly Jennifer spoke up “He’s just upset about Raven and Draven. He doesn’t really believe we can’t save them. He just doesn’t wanna get his hopes up.”

“We’re going to save them.” I said “And your sister.”



Unfortunately Ray was right about the town not being willing to help out. Nearly everyone locked themselves in their houses except for the people who had supported BLI after all this time. They came out of their houses and held up signs like ‘I’m willing to join!’ and ‘I’ve taken my medication today!’ “This is ridiculous.” Gerard sighed, putting his hand to his forehead as he thought about it “It looks like it’s just us then.”

“But I don’t even know where to start looking.” Penina sat down in my chair at the desk and started swivelling around “They’ve been really sneaky. We don’t have any clues, any idea of where to go. It was easier when we knew that they’d take the prisoners here. They used to be so stupid. Why the hell did they have to go and gain brain power?”

“Wait a minute.” I stood up and went to the window “We can see everything from here. I think the reason we missed BLI taking our friends is because we were looking out at the zones.” I pointed to where we’d been looking “And the park is over there.” I pointed to the other side “And none of us saw any of BLI in the zones. We’d definitely have noticed something out there since there’s nothing out there. It’d be so easy to spot them. Whereas in the city they’re covered by buildings and other people walking around. So do you know what I think? I think they’re still in the building.”

“Unless they crept out last night?” Gerard suggested.

“No, I couldn’t sleep.” Lucy said, going over to the window “I was too worried about them to sleep so I just stared out at the city. Even in the darkness I’d have noticed something moving but nothing happened. Crayon’s right, BLI must still be in the city.”

“There are more draculoids than there are citizens.” Gerard reminded us “Where exactly would they be hiding?”

“Like I said, BLI have been planning this for a long time.” Doctor DD stood in between me and Gerard “They had hiding places figured out for ages. They know this city better than any of us do since they built it in the first place.”

“But we changed it-“

“Yes, however, the original plan is basically still there.” Doctor DD shrugged his shoulders “We’d better start searching the city then I guess.”
Sign up to rate and review this story